What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I'm thinking this guy is a total troll at this point.
people just dont know the character very well. even if he had black adams damage he wouldnt be as broken as adam is now. he would need a ton to be OP. theres almost no chance of that happening unless they give him some unreal buffs. but he needs to be fixed lanterns might doesnt even work half the time for one thats something that needs to be fixed. he also needs a wake up. he's not fine he's not okay he is below average with issues.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
GL would be much better honestly if his start up on certain moves didn't take forever and he had a faster projectile that was similar speed to Deadshot, Fate or Firestorms. His MB lantern beam is good but I wish his normal was that fast. From a zoning perspective. Still, he's fun to play. Still trying to get his white, black, orange, blue, purple chest spectrums though. I have the red and yellow. Seems they rarely drop.

GL would be much better honestly if his start up on certain moves didn't take forever and he had a faster projectile that was similar speed to Deadshot, Fate or Firestorms. His MB lantern beam is good but I wish his normal was that fast. From a zoning perspective. Still, he's fun to play. Still trying to get his white, black, orange, blue, purple chest spectrums though. I have the red and yellow. Seems they rarely drop.
That's exactly what I been saying but no one gets it I don't want broken shit just better frames so I can control the spacing better that's it and lanterns might would be nice if it got fixed. The chest plates took me a min to get im only missing rage,and greed. I have Will,Life,Death,Compassion,Fear, and Hope chest plates gl does have the best armor/ color scheme in the game

MKF30

That's exactly what I been saying but no one gets it I don't want broken shit just better frames so I can control the spacing better that's it and lanterns might would be nice if it got fixed. The chest plates took me a min to get in only missing rage,and greed. I have Will,Life,Death,Compassion,Fear, and Hope chest plates gl does have the best armor/ color scheme in the game
Nice, ha I got rage and fear but missing the rest. Crazy how random it is huh? I must have so many duplicate pieces, thankfully the option to sell helps. Yep I agree man, if he had those tools fixed he'd be a lot better zoner. You know how it is using GL against Deadshot, FS etc not fun. Yeah I agree, I think GL and Sub will win up having the coolest colors in the game. I feel there's so many to choose from compared to the other characters. Though Supes and Bats aren't bad either. How did you get those chest pieces? I've just been doing multiverse but I have yet to see GL epic gear as a reward, it's always random or someone else lol.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Yeah I agree, I think GL and Sub will win up having the coolest colors in the game. I feel there's so many to choose from compared to the other characters. How did you get those chest pieces? I've just been doing multiverse but I have yet to see GL epic gear as a reward, it's always random or someone else lol.
I actually have all of the Lantern Corps torso gears but not the shaders. Got em from opening boxes mostly, Gold/Plat/Diamond.

Nice, ha I got rage and fear but missing the rest. Crazy how random it is huh? I must have so many duplicate pieces, thankfully the option to sell helps. Yep I agree man, if he had those tools fixed he'd be a lot better zoner. You know how it is using GL against Deadshot, FS etc not fun. Yeah I agree, I think GL and Sub will win up having the coolest colors in the game. I feel there's so many to choose from compared to the other characters. Though Supes and Bats aren't bad either. How did you get those chest pieces? I've just been doing multiverse but I have yet to see GL epic gear as a reward, it's always random or someone else lol.
A few events then opened mother boxes mostly but yeah wasn't easy then I bought most the colors

What's your psn I can show you my chest pieces and play some rounds with you if your down?

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I haven't gotten a single different corp chest piece and I'm pretty bummed. They must be relatively rare.

MKF30

A few events then opened mother boxes mostly but yeah wasn't easy then I bought most the colors
Nice. Yeah I bought all the colors for shaders, (ones i didn't unlock long time ago) Oh btw I would man, but I don't have PSN just Xbox One. Sorry about that.

@Jhonnykiller45 Cool, cool good to know thanks lol with the Gold and Platinum boxes. I think I unlocked like 3 or 4 shaders, and bought the rest first week or so.

Last edited:

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
I don't understand how people think this character needs major buffs to compete. He's a solid upper mid tier character. He doesn't need to be OP.

If anything is done to him, all I'd like to see is:

Trait: buffed to have 2 to 3 more seconds active time

DB2: MB version pulls opponent slightly towards GL while non-mb still pushes them away. Gives him more of a chance to convert with strings off MB.

even these might be unnecessary.

Bottom line Gl just needs a few tweaks to help that's it I don't want him op just able to be to win a tournament on his own.

Bes110

Noob
Anyone care to offer thoughts on how Green Lantern will indirectly be affected by patch coming up? Any chance we move up the tier list? How will we fair against certain characters after changes? For me personally, I wonder if we will have a better time against Deadshot. Any thoughts?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Anyone care to offer thoughts on how Green Lantern will indirectly be affected by patch coming up? Any chance we move up the tier list? How will we fair against certain characters after changes? For me personally, I wonder if we will have a better time against Deadshot. Any thoughts?
While the nerfs to the current tops will definitely be of aid to him, the buffs to the current lows will also hurt him.
Superman, Aquaman and Deadshot are going to be a little bit easier but at the same time Black Canary and Cheetah might have an easier time, Fate's probably going to win even harder, Supergirl's going to be more annoying etc.
I think he'll stay right where he is, maybe just a tiny little bit higher than before.

Bes110

Noob
Hello Lanterns. To start, I apologize for the long post. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me out, but I understand if you don't want to read it all.

I have been playing solely Green Lantern since I got this game. I have been steadily improving, and I can see myself performing better as time goes on. There are a few problem areas I have been having and I wanted to get your guys advice and help possibly.

It is my firm belief that if a character has a tool, then we should be taking advantage of it, but I cannot seem to incorporate all of these tools into my game. This is a problem, because I am stagnating. I am doing the SAME stuff in my matches now. Of course these things I am doing are becoming cleaner and more efficient, I want to add more, as well as perfect the character to become an elite kind of player.

To start, I can not pin down Green Lantern's 50/50 cross up set-ups. At the core, I suppose the problem is that I cannot CONTROL when they cross up and when they don't. I don't know if I can, but i feel like I should be able to. The string I am talking about are:

B13, 4, Walk Forward, F3. This is extremely inconsistent for me, and I feel like I should have this down more. Any tips, or is it just random?

B13, 4, 223, Dash Forward, N3 or F3. This is a case where you can corpse hop to get the cross up. Again...extremely inconsistent. Is there a way to guarantee one way or another?

B13, 4, 223, J3. I see Gross do this one a lot. I try to emulate it, but the cross up is far and few between. Any thoughts anyone?

For all of the above strings, my problem is not that I don't know what I want to do or how to utilize the tool, it is that I cannot execute it. How can I guarantee one way or another if I will get the cross up?

Second on my list is poking. We lack a six frame attack, so I find that I cannot blow up many gaps in strings. Do I just hold the pressure? Batman is a character that makes me think of this a lot. What am I to do? On top of this. Is it possible for us to poke into lanterns might? A d1 b1 sort of deal. This would function like Aquaman's trident rush, of course ours would not be nearly as safe. Is this an effective tool to even attempt to use?

Third for me is Lantern's special moves. I RARELY use lantern bomb and willpower wall. They just seem...useless. How can I better incorporate that into my gameplan?

Lastly for me is wakeups. Our only options are really willpower wall and Lantern's might. The wall seems to get stuffed every time, and Lantern's might is extremely punishable. What do you guys do when you are knocked down and getting pressured?

Thank you anyone for reading this and I loo forward to a response.

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
So if you're at the right distance B1 stuffs cheetah's wake up where she goes into the air. I did it once while running a set. I've been meaning to lab it.

Also how does everyone feel about using his lift against her full screen pounce?

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
So if you're at the right distance B1 stuffs cheetah's wake up where she goes into the air. I did it once while running a set. I've been meaning to lab it.

Also how does everyone feel about using his lift against her full screen pounce?
I feel like it will miss and I'll get full combo punished

Da Tac0

Hello Lanterns. To start, I apologize for the long post. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me out, but I understand if you don't want to read it all.

I have been playing solely Green Lantern since I got this game. I have been steadily improving, and I can see myself performing better as time goes on. There are a few problem areas I have been having and I wanted to get your guys advice and help possibly.

It is my firm belief that if a character has a tool, then we should be taking advantage of it, but I cannot seem to incorporate all of these tools into my game. This is a problem, because I am stagnating. I am doing the SAME stuff in my matches now. Of course these things I am doing are becoming cleaner and more efficient, I want to add more, as well as perfect the character to become an elite kind of player.

To start, I can not pin down Green Lantern's 50/50 cross up set-ups. At the core, I suppose the problem is that I cannot CONTROL when they cross up and when they don't. I don't know if I can, but i feel like I should be able to. The string I am talking about are:

B13, 4, Walk Forward, F3. This is extremely inconsistent for me, and I feel like I should have this down more. Any tips, or is it just random?

B13, 4, 223, Dash Forward, N3 or F3. This is a case where you can corpse hop to get the cross up. Again...extremely inconsistent. Is there a way to guarantee one way or another?

B13, 4, 223, J3. I see Gross do this one a lot. I try to emulate it, but the cross up is far and few between. Any thoughts anyone?

For all of the above strings, my problem is not that I don't know what I want to do or how to utilize the tool, it is that I cannot execute it. How can I guarantee one way or another if I will get the cross up?

Second on my list is poking. We lack a six frame attack, so I find that I cannot blow up many gaps in strings. Do I just hold the pressure? Batman is a character that makes me think of this a lot. What am I to do? On top of this. Is it possible for us to poke into lanterns might? A d1 b1 sort of deal. This would function like Aquaman's trident rush, of course ours would not be nearly as safe. Is this an effective tool to even attempt to use?

Third for me is Lantern's special moves. I RARELY use lantern bomb and willpower wall. They just seem...useless. How can I better incorporate that into my gameplan?

Lastly for me is wakeups. Our only options are really willpower wall and Lantern's might. The wall seems to get stuffed every time, and Lantern's might is extremely punishable. What do you guys do when you are knocked down and getting pressured?

I generally will do a j3 no dash into pressure off a 223 KD. Like you I have a hard time getting the Cross up I only do the "reset" off a trait lift.

I feel your pain. Batmans J2 cross up is mad annoying. Sometimes the wall can stop him but most times not. I haven't labbed it yet so I can't offer much advice. But I will say don't be afraid to poke after his strings.

Bro you gotta start trying to use the lantern bombs for zoning. Force a character to jump mid and with a good read you send em back full screen into another lantern for chip or bowling ball. I can't tell you how many times I've won matches because of em. Plus both moves are great in the corner. Once again though wall is annoying for wake up. It might work it might not.

Which brings me to wake ups. I feel your pain. I've gotten to the point to where I generally won't wake up. I'll use delayed wake ups and dash backwards. Here and there if I get frustrated to I use the wall. I never go for the lift unless I know the other player is trash.

Good stuff my man, I don't have much insight on the ambiguous cross up stuff as I'm having the same issues as your are and I'm still learning, lol. Delayed wake up in this game has definitely changed the way GL plays, there are still ways around it and I'm just kind of figuring it out as I go.

You can definitely D1 in LM but by no means is it as viable as Aquaman's "D1 DF1 RAAAAAHHHH" I'll catch some people with it but most of the time I'm getting blown for it. Push blocking has helped me with the Batman MU. We also have a really good D2 to catch him jumping. Batman is still a nightmare but the MU has gotten a little easier for me since day 1.

Lantern Bomb is such an underrated and under used tool. It really is super useful for counter zoning and keep away and big damage in the corner. Take the time and play around with all three options and you'll find it super useful.

Yeah Wall is tricky on wake up. I've gotten into a bad habit of constantly using as a wake up tool as well, lol. It catches hoppy character but if the characters want to stay grounded I usually just delay.

Last edited:

Zurr Tusko

Twitter: ZurrTusko
I'd say D2 would be better than trying to catch it with Lantern's Might. At worst D2 trades and at best you get a full punish.

Da Tac0

I'd say D2 would be better than trying to catch it with Lantern's Might. At worst D2 trades and at best you get a full punish.
Are we still talking cheetah? Because I've gotten blown up trying to d2 that sloot out of her pounce animation. Maybe I'm waiting to late? I'd have to see it in a video.