What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I'm not saying it's not a lot, I said you're downplaying
how is telling the truth downplaying? are you implying he doesnt have that many bad matchups?
Genuine question, what are the matchups that he loses?
Decisively bad/no argument:
1. Deadshot
2. Cyborg (he lost to him bad in the first game)
3. Dr Fate
4. Darkseid
5. Catwoman
6. Red Hood
Usually agreed upon/some might think even
7. Superman
8. Batman
9. Aquaman
10. Black Adam
im pretty sure are bad but nobody "has enough exp" to call
11. Poison Ivy
12. Green Arrow

Supergirl might beat him too but thats still up in the air, he definitely doesnt beat her though.
now you can argue that 1 or 2 of these might not be bad but 6 are proven bad and at least 3 more i guarantee are bad so again how the hell am i downplaying for saying a character with at least 9 and arguably 12-13 bad matchups is not top ten/not very good? i play red hood and ive never once said hes trash or not good or has more than 5 bad matchups because he doesnt. bottom line ive always been right about this character if im wrong go win a tournament with him against high level players who know the matchup, spoiler alert: you wont.

any of you who think he doesnt need buffs either dont understand or dont play the character at a high level

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
how is telling the truth downplaying? are you implying he doesnt have that many bad matchups?

1. Deadshot
3. Dr Fate
4. Darkseid
5. Catwoman
6. Red Hood
7. Superman
8. Batman
9. Aquaman
10. Black Adam
11. Poison Ivy
12. Green Arrow

Supergirl might beat him too but thats still up in the air, he definitely doesnt beat her though.
now you can argue that 1 or 2 of these might not be bad but 6 are proven bad and at least 3 more i guarantee are bad so again how the hell am i downplaying for saying a character with at least 9 and arguably 12-13 bad matchups is not top ten/not very good? i play red hood and ive never once said hes trash or not good or has more than 5 bad matchups because he doesnt. bottom line ive always been right about this character if im wrong go win a tournament with him against high level players who know the matchup, spoiler alert: you wont.

any of you who think he doesnt need buffs either dont understand or dont play the character at a high level
The only thing that makes some of those bad match ups is the damage difference. That's all

PharaohLite

Run Cancels Breh

1. Deadshot
3. Dr Fate
4. Darkseid
5. Catwoman
6. Red Hood
7. Superman
8. Batman
9. Aquaman
10. Black Adam
11. Poison Ivy
12. Green Arrow

thats like 2 out of the 12 i listed and you know these are true so stop complaing. if you think im downplaying then you dont know what it means.
You are literally everything wrong with tym MU discussions personified.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Bro, I can tell you dont actually play lantern, or you actually need to level up instead of crying on TYM.
youve never played me or seen me play. but you sound 12 so im done talking to you just know that im a lot better than you and always will be :)

He has alot of matchups he struggles in because he lacks the damage,the zoning,or better offensive options granted that most his bad matchups are the what is considered the top 10 best characters. I'm not saying he gets bodied easily no but your either never been to a tournament with really good players or you hype yourself up too much by beating people online to see this character is far from perfect. Don't be a troll guys gl is a good character but he does have gaps in his gameplan that shouldn't be there.

3 big things that hurt his gameplan 1 when he does get a hard kock down to do his ambiguous mixups people started doing delayed gets ups to throw off the timing and hurt the reset, 2 characters just have really good wakeups that stuff the hard knock downs that's why it anyone watches Gross in recent tournaments any high of player he doesn't even bother going for resets anymore he just tys to get max damage cause once gl cant do his resets anymore then your depending on his damage,and zoning to win. 3 last big thing people can just out zone him unless he has meter people don't respect the zoning that's why he gets bullied hard by characters like Darkseid,deadshot,and Dr. Fate those are just the worst but even the rest aren't much better he has to be really careful,fight someone who can't zone good,or fight someone who just doesn't know how to zone good. Like I said before I'm not downplaying gl I think he is a really solid character but he is lack luster in things and his weakness comes more clear now that people learned how to fight him sure we can adapt play better try new things but I'm sorry hands down his zoning needs some love that way if the resets don't work and the combos do too lil damage or the offense isn't enough at least he can fall back on decent zoning to help.

PharaohLite

Run Cancels Breh
3 big things that hurt his gameplan 1 when he does get a hard kock down to do his ambiguous mixups people started doing delayed gets ups to throw off the timing and hurt the reset, 2 characters just have really good wakeups that stuff the hard knock downs that's why it anyone watches Gross in recent tournaments any high of player he doesn't even bother going for resets anymore he just tys to get max damage cause once gl cant do his resets anymore then your depending on his damage,and zoning to win. 3 last big thing people can just out zone him unless he has meter people don't respect the zoning that's why he gets bullied hard by characters like Darkseid,deadshot,and Dr. Fate those are just the worst but even the rest aren't much better he has to be really careful,fight someone who can't zone good,or fight someone who just doesn't know how to zone good. Like I said before I'm not downplaying gl I think he is a really solid character but he is lack luster in things and his weakness comes more clear now that people learned how to fight him sure we can adapt play better try new things but I'm sorry hands down his zoning needs some love that way if the resets don't work and the combos do too lil damage or the offense isn't enough at least he can fall back on decent zoning to help.
you do realize that a logical solution to delayed wakeup would be to ........ delay the oki? Did that not once cross your mind? The delayed wakeup issue is not a new one fam.

not every character needs to have every fucking tool is what you people dont understand.
I'm not asking for everything I just don't think it's fair that we have zoning tools but they suck unless I spend meter on them to be better when I have to fight Darkseid player who has better zoning by far a better trait higher damage combos and can run from gl the whole game you honestly can't sit here and say that the characters me and Fred listed aren't annoying or just hard fights cause then I'll know your on some bs

PharaohLite

Run Cancels Breh
I'm not asking for everything I just don't think it's fair that we have zoning tools but they suck unless I spend meter on them to be better when I have to fight Darkseid player who has better zoning by far a better trait higher damage combos and can run from gl the whole game you honestly can't sit here and say that the characters me and Fred listed aren't annoying or just hard fights cause then I'll know your on some bs
SO basically you want to eliminate his "annoying or hard" mus, i.e make him the best character in the game? interesting

you do realize that a logical solution to delayed wakeup would be to ........ delay the oki? Did that not once cross your mind? The delayed wakeup issue is not a new one fam.
Then like I also stated you got characters that got good wakeups that shit on the oki don't get wrong I can block then punish but some characters actually have safe wakeups and it's mostly the top 10 he loses too already lol

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Then like I also stated you got characters that got good wakeups that shit on the oki don't get wrong I can block then punish but some characters actually have safe wakeups and it's mostly the top 10 he loses too already lol
You're just gonna have to find checks for people delaying the wakeup ie ocl, boulder, ji3 or just stay in b1 distance

SO basically you want to eliminate his "annoying or hard" mus, i.e make him the best character in the game? interesting
No I want him to be what they are making him to be just overall balanced solid character as of right now he has about 10 characters he loses too that number is way too high period. I don't want broken I want more tighter fighter with his zoning to work better the rest I can give two shit about damage sure it can stay the same ,gaps in his back 12,and 13 sure whatever ,semi decent wake up sure ok, mostly safe strings that are mostly negative but still leave him pretty safe but no follow up options sure, ok I can live with it, his lanterns might range heavily nerfed can't really aa anymore I mean fuck I guess I can live with it. Then you want me to accept the lame new zoning when he has 4 brand new zoning moves that is supposed to help his long range when they don't naw that shit needs a bump im sorry the rest I can live with but that shit needs a bump.

Last edited: