What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

So when I do the f2 after the setup I notice sometimes that the Ai wakes up in the wrong direction. Does this mean it would also reverse wake up inputs or are they the same input but it just wakes up in the wrong direction?

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
So when I do the f2 after the setup I notice sometimes that the Ai wakes up in the wrong direction. Does this mean it would also reverse wake up inputs or are they the same input but it just wakes up in the wrong direction?
I haven't noticed this but I'm guessing that you are either walking before or after the f2, and your hurt box ends up kind of corpse hopping the downed opponent so they wake up as if you were standing on the opposite side.

Are you only doing f2 or are you doing the f3 too?

I haven't noticed this but I'm guessing that you are either walking before or after the f2, and your hurt box ends up kind of corpse hopping the downed opponent so they wake up as if you were standing on the opposite side.

Are you only doing f2 or are you doing the f3 too?
After doing the setup (b134xxLM) I do a slight walk forward and then do a f2. At this point I'm near or over the opponents body so I go for the f3. Usually though I can't tell what makes it cross up or stay on the same side. When I set the Ai to wake up in this scenario though, the wake up becomes reversed sometime, but I don't know if that means the wake up inputs become reversed.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
After doing the setup (b134xxLM) I do a slight walk forward and then do a f2. At this point I'm near or over the opponents body so I go for the f3. Usually though I can't tell what makes it cross up or stay on the same side. When I set the Ai to wake up in this scenario though, the wake up becomes reversed sometime, but I don't know if that means the wake up inputs become reversed.
You're reversing wakeups

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
In all cases that I've personally tested, they don't need to reverse their inputs unfortunately, it just comes out the other way. So it's not a way to get them to flub the input.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Meaning it's still the same input but just waking up on the wrong side?
I believe in the case you're talking about the move just autocorrects, instead of the opponent having to reverse their inputs.

Even as GL there are those weird conversions with b13xx4xxdb1 where it totally auto corrects mid combo where the juggled opponent is clearly behind GL but you do the same ole db1 and GL does that funny lil about face.

I wonder if it's similar to that.

What is GL's best punish? Would it be 123 since his 1 is a 7 frame startup? or B13 because of the range and B1 still coming out at 9 frames?

Thanks,

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
What is GL's best punish? Would it be 123 since his 1 is a 7 frame startup? or B13 because of the range and B1 still coming out at 9 frames?

Thanks,
It's dependent on what you're punishing. I try to punish certain specials with 123 but normally I do b13

JDM

Noob
strongest punish on really - thing is B23 bound cancel I believe.

my highest punish is like B23 xx BB MB j.3 j.1 123 lanterns might or maybe bf2

can't recall how fast b2 is tho

So with the patch coming what reasonable changes do you guys want to see happen with gl? I personally would like the gap between back 13 fixed, his air zoning battery blast 12f start up so I can actually zone back Darkseid or superman consistently in the air,lanterns might to be able to anti air again consistently don't get me wrong down 2 is great but I miss my lift,I want lanterns bomb to be -6 on block so it gives us a better block string with back13 close lanterns bomb,meter burn wall to be plus 2 at least so we can do something after it,battery blast I'd like it to be negative 12 on block it's not the best zoning move as is so at least make it less negative on block, and bowled over 10 start up this move is super negative at least make it fast. These are alot of changes but i think are needed and if they don't give as many buffs then at least give him a damage buff. I dont expect all these buffs but i do expect a few cause he does need some love.

Last edited:
So with the patch coming what reasonable changes do you guys want to see happen with gl? I personally would like the gap between back 13 fixed, his air zoning battery blast 12f start up so I can actually zone back Darkseid or superman consistently in the air,lanterns might to be able to anti air again consistently don't get me wrong down 2 is great but I miss my lift,I want lanterns bomb to be -6 on block so it gives us a better block string with back13 close lanterns bomb,meter burn wall to be plus 2 at least so we can do something after it,battery blast I'd like it to be negative 12 on block it's not the best zoning move as is so at least make it less negative on block, and bowled over 10 start up this move is super negative at least make it fast. These are alot of changes but i think are needed and if they don't give as many buffs then at least give him a damage buff. I dont expect all these buffs but i do expect a few cause he does need some love.
Way too much, just saying.