What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
So...advice on dealing with Scorpion? I know it's early, but I'm getting killed. A scrub Scorpion I can deal with, but the ones that know what they're doing are making easy work of my GA. Batgirl's Teleport is easy to handle but Scorp's is ridiculous.

So...advice on dealing with Scorpion? I know it's early, but I'm getting killed. A scrub Scorpion I can deal with, but the ones that know what they're doing are making easy work of my GA. Batgirl's Teleport is easy to handle but Scorp's is ridiculous.
You can hold down to block both ways. Afterwords, you can get a punish after blocking his teleport. I usually go for 1,1,3 launcher.

Yeah, I do that against Batgirl but when I try that with Scorp's, he just lights me on fire instead of teleporting.
I had this issue as well when I fought my first Scorp. It seems easy to react to the flames, even online. Try jumping forward when at max distance. If Scorpion tries to ground teleport, it'll whiff and same with the flame.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I had this issue as well when I fought my first Scorp. It seems easy to react to the flames, even online. Try jumping forward when at max distance. If Scorpion tries to ground teleport, it'll whiff and same with the flame.
Yeah, think I'll try that next time. Jumping's risky as well though, with his chain grab. Not sure if it's full screen, but it's definitely got some reach.

Yeah, think I'll try that next time. Jumping's risky as well though, with his chain grab. Not sure if it's full screen, but it's definitely got some reach.
His chain is a high, right? But I will say, I do have trouble against him. I feel so unsafe switching arrows full screen in fear I'll eat a teleport.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
His chain is a high, right? But I will say, I do have trouble against him. I feel so unsafe switching arrows full screen in fear I'll eat a teleport.
Haha Tell me about it. I probably just need more practice against him. Hard to find any safe moment to load an arrow against him. Tried it once and got teleport-combo'd into a 40+%

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Can't we get this thread closed and all the useful info moved to a new one where the OP actually GAF ?

I agree. There's lots of people that create these threads without updating them... It's annoying and it tends to discourage those that do kare about the character enough to make a match up thread from doing so....

What do you think about a keep away Green Lantern (keep away in general)? Green Lantern and Superman are my personal bad matchups. GA can´t trade with his damage, if he does a fullcombo, you need two full combos. I don´t have any idea how to overcome both matchups (if smart played). I have to make a ton of reads to approach (late meterburn zoning e.g.) him and up close both have a lot of rushdown tools, like GL retarded low starter or the pro gamer breath loop. This is no charakter hate, it´s a serious question. Are there any holes in GL zoning game? Supermans zoning itself isn´t a big deal but his mobility is ridiculous. His backdash is a nice tool for whiff punishing, airdash, F+23...In a certain range, he have alot of tools and it feels like the risk reward is in his favour. Any advices or ideas? thx

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
What do you think about a keep away Green Lantern (keep away in general)? Green Lantern and Superman are my personal bad matchups. GA can´t trade with his damage, if he does a fullcombo, you need two full combos. I don´t have any idea how to overcome both matchups (if smart played). I have to make a ton of reads to approach (late meterburn zoning e.g.) him and up close both have a lot of rushdown tools, like GL retarded low starter or the pro gamer breath loop. This is no charakter hate, it´s a serious question. Are there any holes in GL zoning game? Supermans zoning itself isn´t a big deal but his mobility is ridiculous. His backdash is a nice tool for whiff punishing, airdash, F+23...In a certain range, he have alot of tools and it feels like the risk reward is in his favour. Any advices or ideas? thx

I still believe Supes is Arrow's worst match up. For the most part you have to savage blast mid range to stuff random F2's and D1 or block up klose. If he does F2 3 breath, you kan D1 and hope he didn't time it right. If he did, you trade and he has more advantage so you're back in that situation again. Push block pushes him pretty far after F23 so that's good but you're wasting a bar while he's gaining some. If you read a F23, like after a F23 Breath, you kan MB B3 for some decent damage. Basically you have to outplay the opponent and make work a lot harder than he does.

I'll give some advice on GL later. I still need to practice and grind him out. He doesn't seem that bad. Just a good deal of patience.

PS: Oh, and you kan also take the breath after F23 to get some distance but this puts you kloser to the korner so it's up to you.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
i wish the main page of this actually had some information, can anyone start adding to this? we need GOOD black adam, superman and nightwing match up info they are the only problems for me so far

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
I posted noted about Bladam MU it's in te previous page if you haven't seen that alteady.
this sort of information needs to be put in a proper order on the front page...heck if i was given the rights id even do it myself...

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
i wish the main page of this actually had some information, can anyone start adding to this? we need GOOD black adam, superman and nightwing match up info they are the only problems for me so far

You don't need the Deathstroke MU?

IMO Deathstroke and Nightwing are his toughest match ups now that it's possible to get out of F23~Breath without double back dashing or using meter.

You don't need the Deathstroke MU. IMO Deathstroke and Nightwing are his toughest match ups now that it's possible to get out of F23~Breath without double back dashing or using meter.
Don't forget aquaman, he can space us out very well, loading against him is hella dangerous, and he can trait if we freeze him and block our followup string. Also, I feel that death stroke is going to become even because green Arrows hit box when he shoots low arrows is going to be fixed with the next patch. Now we will duck high projectiles when shooting low, so him zoning us out will be harder. He can still punish our loads for free though so i don't know how better it will get for us, maybe slightly better.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Don't forget aquaman, he can space us out very well, loading against him is hella dangerous, and he can trait if we freeze him and block our followup string. Also, I feel that death stroke is going to become even because green Arrows hit box when he shoots low arrows is going to be fixed with the next patch. Now we will duck high projectiles when shooting low, so him zoning us out will be harder. He can still punish our loads for free though so i don't know how better it will get for us, maybe slightly better.

If I remember korrectly we already duck his gunshots with low arrow unlike some other characters. I think it's the size of his bullets that allows this.

Aquaman is tough but I have a theory on how to win the zoning game and I need to test it out. Haven't played the game in a month though and still have another week of no Injustice. Since scoop is punishable and he's minus on other stuff up klose we should be able to beat him. I think it'll be like Sektor vs Mileena in MK9. It's kinda bad and the opponent outranges you but if you play right you kan make it a 5-5.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I've been ass raped by pretty much every doomsday player I've played. I think it's just because of my lack of understanding of the character. I pretty much always end up in the corner trying to block his bullshit. I never really find myself on the offensive. Can anyone who is familiar with the match up post up some advise. From what I hear you can backdash after certain normals.

Btw its not his air to ground move that gives me trouble, I know to sky alert that. I just get trapped in the corner and if I push block he just comes right back in on me with mb shoulder.

Spamming normal arrows isnt bad for this MU too, my reasoning behind this is if he blocks it and I can finally get to load Ice Arrow safely. When you get Ice arrow then you are in control because a blocked charge without meterburn is a guaranteed d1 ice arrow. If he jumps in I believe most normals after he lands can be interrupted with d1 as well. Basically d1 is your bestfriend in this MU. I believe everything will be a lot easier once you get ice arrow. When you knock him down then you can start baiting wake ups or what not. Hope this helps.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I just got bodied last night by Clint the beasts Deathstroke. I know I messed up a lot of things But does anybody else struggling in this matchup?

How are you countering?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I just got bodied last night by Clint the beasts Deathstroke. I know I messed up a lot of things But does anybody else struggling in this matchup?

How are you countering?

Electric Arrows from far away. Ice or Fire Midscreen. This is to kounter zone. Then once you're in, don't let him get out. Stay mid range where he kan't shoot his guns safely and where he's limited. If he backdashes, chase him. The zoning kan be tough to get through sometimes. This match up definitely requires patience..

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Electric Arrows from far away. Ice or Fire Midscreen. This is to kounter zone. Then once you're in, don't let him get out. Stay mid range where he kan't shoot his guns safely and where he's limited. If he backdashes, chase him. The zoning kan be tough to get through sometimes. This match up definitely requires patience..
electric arrows on block do nothing. on hit there isn;t as much time to get in as with fire arrows...why do people even use them?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
electric arrows on block do nothing. on hit there isn;t as much time to get in as with fire arrows...why do people even use them?

They're faster.. On block it's the same amount of chip as fire arrows. Plus if you read low gun shots you kan hop over them and shoot Deathstroke with the overhead arrow from a longer range with Electric Arrows.

Anyway. You don't have to use them if you don't want to.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
They're faster.. On block it's the same amount of chip as fire arrows. Plus if you read low gun shots you kan hop over them and shoot Deathstroke with the overhead arrow from a longer range with Electric Arrows.

Anyway. You don't have to use them if you don't want to.
Is the speed that much better?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Is the speed that much better?

Against Deathstroke. Yes. From what I tested, at Full Screen it stuffs out his back to back low shots unlike the Fire Arrows. In other match ups I'm not sure. I know for Aquaman it's best to use fire arrows from long range.

I'm still experimenting on other uses for electric arrows. They seem very match up specific.. I have a feeling they're good against GL. If anything, electric arrows will at least change the pace of the match and maybe force mistakes..

Status
Not open for further replies.