What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been possible pre patch, but I had issues with it. You can now EASILY punish Aquamans Trident Scoop with F2D13. Nice, should help a ton in this match.
Thats good, really good news. Too bad we can't use ice arrows in this matchup. While frozen, aquaman can trait and block your followup combo. In this matchup electric arrows seems the better choice

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
In my personal experience and opinion, the most problematic for me so far have been:

Aquaman. ....

Superman. ....

Nightwing. His staff stance gives me trouble. He has a really fast d1 thats plus 1 on block, and his ranged pokes 1f1 thats also plus 1 on block I believe. He has a faster d1 than arrow on escrima stance, and his d12 is also plus on block and sets you up for a frametrap. I find it difficult to approach him or start any offence, especially when he's in staff stance. he has so many frametraps! And from full screen his db2 in staff stance (the ground spark) is hard to counter. If you load he hits you, if you try to fire an arrow it beats you. So you have to respect it. Jumping doesn;t seem viable, especially with Arrows floaty jump. The method thats worked for me is dashing them. If you time it right and you read he's going to do one, you can dash and the spark won't track, you actually see it hit behind you. I'm at a lost in this matchup, don't know how to fight him yet.

Black Adam. ...

Cyborg: I can handle him from mid range and close but getting in is the problem. I can't counterzone him, lose every trade, and when I do inch my way in, he grapples the fock outta there with his armored grapple trolololo. Whats the secret to beating this character with arrow, besides patience and hella good reads?
Aquaman seems like an uphill battle, but playable and the Aquaman kan't be playing dumb if you're both skilled and smart (offline of kourse). If he didn't have trait, this would be a much easier battle. That trait really is stupid.

Agree with Supes..

Nightwing's D1 in Escrima is 9 frames, Arrow's is 7.. So his D1 isn't faster in this stance. Though it is in Staff stance.. I still need to dissect this match up but I use Nightwing so I know a bit about him.

Black Adam seems like a match up I can overcome, but I need more practice. You kan MB B3 divekicks and after lightning you kan load an arrow. Jumping on reaction to Lightning is also an option to avoid chip.

I haven't played the Cyborg Match up with Arrow. I'm assuming he kan't D4 his instant airs? That's why you're having trouble?

Also, you mentioned, Arrow's floaty jump. I was thinking attacking while in the air might make you land faster. I was trying it but I kan't tell how much faster it is? (if at all) But I am inclined to say it is faster.

I am going to dissect these match ups on the weekend and will hopefully compile some information for us. I've been too busy during the week, but I'll get on it as soon as I kan.

Not sure about attackign in the air, but in the nightwing matchup when I do jump I use db1. You can instant air it too and mess up nightwings timing on the ground spark

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Not sure about attackign in the air, but in the nightwing matchup when I do jump I use db1. You can instant air it too and mess up nightwings timing on the ground spark
Yeah.. I've been testing that as well. Need to play Guamo against once I've dissected the match up.

I get raped by good Ravens,

Haven't put a whole buncha time into the match up though.
Yea thats why I asked. Honestly speaking, I don't know the matchup, but I get my ass handed to me on a silver platter by good ravens (online) haven't fought her offline yet so my matchup experience vs her is irrelevant. What i have noticed is that her squeeze move beats out your arrow startup and obviously you can;t load on her, she gets a free squeeze. I also noticed she gets a free squeeze after you do a db2 that she blocks.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yea thats why I asked. Honestly speaking, I don't know the matchup, but I get my ass handed to me on a silver platter by good ravens (online) haven't fought her offline yet so my matchup experience vs her is irrelevant. What i have noticed is that her squeeze move beats out your arrow startup and obviously you can;t load on her, she gets a free squeeze. I also noticed she gets a free squeeze after you do a db2 that she blocks.
I actually find the match up harder offline lol. Yah she can do alot to fuck your shit up. Its a match up I need to work on this week.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Cool! Make sure to share your experiences vs her with us, would really appreciate it.
After UFGT, I plan to write my thoughts on each match up, there are still a couple I don't have much XP on, but I'm working on it, trouble is I get offline and online XP, so it's tough trying to put it all together and not have it be a novel,

After UFGT, I plan to write my thoughts on each match up, there are still a couple I don't have much XP on, but I'm working on it, trouble is I get offline and online XP, so it's tough trying to put it all together and not have it be a novel,
LOL I hear ya. I just wanna know the most I can before I attend CEO and what pocket char to have to counter the terrible MU's.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Raven looks like a shit load of low reward guessing and patience testing to me. Wait for push a lot of times or read it and jump.. Arrow's floaty jump seems to jump over it when you time it right. Of kourse, it's quite a risk since she kan punish you for that jump, but jumps are strong in this game so maybe not?

I used Raven before and the match up seemed really easy from her perspective. Push and normals that are just as good plus a 6 frame D1 are what made it easy. Frame traps and better jump ins as well.

UserJuke

Noob
Man, Batmans jumping everywhere with j2 are so annoying to deal with. Instead of trying to aa him, I have just been trying to space it right to hit db2 when he tries to jump in. Im at a loss as soon as he gets in and starts flying over me though.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Man, Batmans jumping everywhere with j2 are so annoying to deal with. Instead of trying to aa him, I have just been trying to space it right to hit db2 when he tries to jump in. Im at a loss as soon as he gets in and starts flying over me though.
Yeah. Jumps in this game are too strong simply because AA's are too weak. 14 frame D2 makes it hard to AA B-man.. If I notice they jump a lot. I get in their jumping range and do DB2 to AA them in anticipation.

Otherwise I block and D1 upon their landing. I believe he is -1/-2 or so. D2 has been unreliable online even on read.

Just a few notes on the Black Adam matchup since we all know this match is doodoo butts. I play a competent one almost everyday so I guess I have kind of broken it down.

- Never be full screen from him. Try to close the gap. I feel this is the most cases with GA's matchups but this one in particular just stands out

- Never load an arrow full screen only after strings. Even if you block a full screen lightning don't even try it. Black Adam has enought time to scratch his butt, check his email and take the last load of laundry out and replace it with a new one and still punish you for loading. If you really insist on loading from full screen make him block a raw arrow and this gives you time.

- Be careful with your jump ins, he can actually whiff punish you perfectly with his overhead string b2, 3 I believe it is or air to air you with his j1 and he gets a good combo of he lands either. As amazing as our j3 just try to use it sparingly.

- I might be wrong on this but when you knock him down, I dont believe GA has an answer to lightning cage on wake up. What I mean by this is if the Black Adam player does it and you block it, you cant really punish it on block. I guess you can meaty db2 and this should disuade him from doing this but it all really depends on the player.

- You want him in the corner, this should be your game plan from the get go.

- You get a free dash in if you block either Lightning or Cloud, use this as an oppurtunity to close the gap.

- Do not contest him when you block b23 he is +3 and he can beat your d1 with his d1 and he can do his move where he shocks you like the bad guy from Star Wars and this pushes you away from.

- Up heaven blast is good for those Adams that just use footdive without a care in the world. Hell go for the MB version because 9/10 they underestimate the hitbox of the second blast and tend to get hit even if they are grounded.

- He is plus or neutral Im not sure all I know is you cant beat his d1 after a blocked far foot dive so try to press less buttons. When presented with this scenario.

Other than these things just continue doing your Green Arrow things and this should cover most of the matchup. This is a bad matchup but it's not unwinnable, The Black Adam player can just make more mistakes than you can so I would say I feel this is 6-4. By all means I am not a matchup doctor so this is just my personal opinion. Hope this helps some of you or gives you a better idea on how to play against Black Adam.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
- I might be wrong on this but when you knock him down, I dont believe GA has an answer to lightning cage on wake up. What I mean by this is if the Black Adam player does it and you block it, you cant really punish it on block. I guess you can meaty db2 and this should disuade him from doing this but it all really depends on the player.
And THAT in particular is the big thing that you should notice about WCOS (wiff cancel option select). You CAN punish cage now...anyone can in the game with this. Check the post in our general discussion and blow that up.

UserJuke

Noob
And THAT in particular is the big thing that you should notice about WCOS (wiff cancel option select). You CAN punish cage now...anyone can in the game with this. Check the post in our general discussion and blow that up.

Yep, just tested it. B2, savage blast punishes the wakeup attempt.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Just a few notes on the Black Adam matchup since we all know this match is doodoo butts. I play a competent one almost everyday so I guess I have kind of broken it down.

- Never be full screen from him. Try to close the gap. I feel this is the most cases with GA's matchups but this one in particular just stands out

- Never load an arrow full screen only after strings. Even if you block a full screen lightning don't even try it. Black Adam has enought time to scratch his butt, check his email and take the last load of laundry out and replace it with a new one and still punish you for loading. If you really insist on loading from full screen make him block a raw arrow and this gives you time.

I'm pretty sure you kan load an Arrow after lightning.. Just do it as soon as you kan.

Medina4life

Media Master
Hi, I'm using this character. He seems to be a big punish character with some dirty corner options if you have an arrow loaded. Does anyone else accidentally shoot a trait arrow upwards when you do a back dash?

Also, why are people so excited about crossover 3 dead on? If you block the crossover 3 that's a free punish. I really don't like it.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Hi, I'm using this character. He seems to be a big punish character with some dirty corner options if you have an arrow loaded. Does anyone else accidentally shoot a trait arrow upwards when you do a back dash?

Also, why are people so excited about crossover 3 dead on? If you block the crossover 3 that's a free punish. I really don't like it.

No idea what you're talking about with "crossover 3" and it being a free punish or whatever. But I have shot Arrow up at first while moving back (not backdashing though). Now I'm used to it though.

I don't know what you mean by "big punish character" either... I think GL and Supes fits that better..

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Any advice for The Flash match-up?
RTSD!

lol... jk..

Idk... Maybe it's because I used to use Flash but he's pretty straight forward.

Arrow's F2 is faster than Flash's ranged normals; he has flying uppercut which is 6 frames but highly punishable.

He has 50/50's. And B22 is +3....

His F2 overhead into 1 (multihit move) is duckable and punishable. Flash Stance Kancels also don't make him plus but they do make him safe off of some punishable moves.

If you need any more help let me know.

Saffa

Noob
Can't we get this thread closed and all the useful info moved to a new one where the OP actually GAF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.