What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
the deathstroke match up is stupid, thats probably one of my only match ups i will counter pick. arrows will still trade with gun shots - ds doesnt have to really fear GA from a distance

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
the deathstroke match up is stupid, thats probably one of my only match ups i will counter pick. arrows will still trade with gun shots - ds doesnt have to really fear GA from a distance

He's not on my kounter pick list anymore. At least not right off the bat...

He's not easy to deal with but we have answers for him. The patch will stop arrows from trading with gunshots so I'm looking forward to that..

Karnage

i forgot about that, that patch cant come quick enough, just out of interest who else is on your counter pick list? i wonder if they are the same as mine ;P

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
i forgot about that, that patch cant come quick enough, just out of interest who else is on your counter pick list? i wonder if they are the same as mine ;P

Superman for sure. Grundy sort of was before (though I never kame across him in tournament) because he's dumb but I think I'll manage now.

Aquaman too for obvious reasons. Batman, I'm thinking might be.

I think Superman is the only auto counterpick for now. I still have to see how "overcome-able" Aquaman is and how broken Batman kan get.

I'm also wondering about Raven but I don't have experience in the match up even though I know the character.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
He's not on my kounter pick list anymore. At least not right off the bat...

He's not easy to deal with but we have answers for him. The patch will stop arrows from trading with gunshots so I'm looking forward to that..
What do you know tht I don't know?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
What do you know tht I don't know?
I think they'll finally fix the thing that, when you're pressing d4, GA suddenly stops being in crouch state, stands up (while loading the arrow) and then crouches again. So if you try to counter zone normal shots you'll get hit. I thiiink, not sure.

Karnage

personally the worst match ups for me are the top 2 superman and black adam, as well as deathstroke.

i struggle with grundy and bane, since im always to hot headed with pressure...im working on a list that when the opponent wakes up i have a proper punish for it as well...this helped the scorpion match up 100%

7L

Heads up!
When playing grundy...if you aren't doing at least 50 savage blasts, you aren't playing it right xD

As for superman, I find it do able but you really need to work for it.

This is from last night, Frantastic and myself. Ignore the heart attack I had at the end of the 2nd match...my chest literally hurt...

edit: Also, deathstroke isn't too bad of a match up. You have to play patient and get in. Same with black adam.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
When playing grundy...if you aren't doing at least 50 savage blasts, you aren't playing it right xD

As for superman, I find it do able but you really need to work for it.

This is from last night, Frantastic and myself. Ignore the heart attack I had at the end of the 2nd match...my chest literally hurt...

edit: Also, deathstroke isn't too bad of a match up. You have to play patient and get in. Same with black adam.

I agree on Grundy.. He's still dumb though.

The way I see Superman is that the main reason Green Arrow lands hits on him is because the Superman player messed up. In two players of equal skill, the Superman player has a heavy advantage.

I think you played the match up well. Able to get momentum while still being patient... It's weird seeing the different playstyles of other regions.

7L

Heads up!
I agree on Grundy.. He's still dumb though.

The way I see Superman is that the main reason Green Arrow lands hits on him is because the Superman player messed up. In two players of equal skill, the Superman player has a heavy advantage.

I think you played the match up well. Able to get momentum while still being patient... It's weird seeing the different playstyles of other regions.

I haven't seen any green arrow gameplay besides chris and that's...well...just chris.

The superman MU is fun. The only thing I really fear is the corner. I respect the f23 but backdash is always a good option.

But really, for grundy. Keep doing savage blast, if a walking corpse is coming, you should get 2 in, if he cancels, he's forced to block and if he doesnt, you can time them so you'll be going away as the corpse is going to grab you. On wake up I do alot of run ins to just naked savage blasts, beats the ex trait and you usually have enough time to block a wakeup cleaver

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I haven't seen any green arrow gameplay besides chris and that's...well...just chris.

The superman MU is fun. The only thing I really fear is the corner. I respect the f23 but backdash is always a good option.

But really, for grundy. Keep doing savage blast, if a walking corpse is coming, you should get 2 in, if he cancels, he's forced to block and if he doesnt, you can time them so you'll be going away as the corpse is going to grab you. On wake up I do alot of run ins to just naked savage blasts, beats the ex trait and you usually have enough time to block a wakeup cleaver

Backdash didn't used to be a good option so I forget to use it..

I don't really like that he wins up klose and far away plus he kan wiff punish easily and has greater reward for less risk. Pretty much everything you would think would be bad right?

For Grundy that's what I was theorizing. I mostly do savage blasts on reaction as opposed to just shooting them out because I sometimes get kaught by walking korpse.. Dash Savage Blast usually traded with cleaver on wake up during my testing. I was thinking of doing it and if they keep taking the trade I'd MB B3 when I read it...

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

Yah man, you should be doing like 50-60% Savage blast lol.

They only thing that gets me know in this match up, is wake up MB Cleaver and MB Swamp hands if he jigs me out. You can't cross him up, you can't start any pressure you bassically have to be super patient and hit him with savage blast until you makes a mistake.

WC can blow up ever single option Arrow has off a blocked D1, also remember that MB Swamp hands has a hit of armor as well.

I still find Aquaman and Black Adam to be the worst match ups for me personally, Aquaman is just, man, he fucks Arrows face hard.

BA just seems hard to catch, but I'm still learning the match up. I refuse to counter pick Superman because it just feels to good when you beat one.

Recent match ups that I've been having issues with include Raven and Harley as the players level up.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yah man, you should be doing like 50-60% Savage blast lol.

They only thing that gets me know in this match up, is wake up MB Cleaver and MB Swamp hands if he jigs me out. You can't cross him up, you can't start any pressure you bassically have to be super patient and hit him with savage blast until you makes a mistake.

WC can blow up ever single option Arrow has off a blocked D1, also remember that MB Swamp hands has a hit of armor as well.

I still find Aquaman and Black Adam to be the worst match ups for me personally, Aquaman is just, man, he fucks Arrows face hard.

BA just seems hard to catch, but I'm still learning the match up. I refuse to counter pick Superman because it just feels to good when you beat one.

Recent match ups that I've been having issues with include Raven and Harley as the players level up.

Yeah. Day 1 when I played against Tyrant. EX Swamp hands was one of the things I hated most when I was using Raven. That match up is fucked up for Raven.. lol.

I find Aquaman easier to deal with than Supes. Black Adam too... You kan actually shoot arrows at Black Adam and bait divekicks. And then F3 is faster than his overhead so you have that safer option unlike with Supes.. All these are klearly tough match ups though.

I haven't had too much trouble with Harley, probably because she was my first main and I know her stuff. Guns kan get annoying but they do 4%. Raven does seem like she kould be a problem.. Haven't played the match up though. Her wake ups are garbage so that should help in the match up with our Oki game..

GL's random factor gets me, but I don't think it's really bad. Another match up to note is Nightwing.. Might be a tough even match up...

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yeah. Day 1 when I played against Tyrant. EX Swamp hands was one of the things I hated most when I was using Raven. That match up is fucked up for Raven.. lol.

I find Aquaman easier to deal with than Supes. Black Adam too... You kan actually shoot arrows at Black Adam and bait divekicks. And then F3 is faster than his overhead so you have that safer option unlike with Supes.. All these are klearly tough match ups though.

I haven't had too much trouble with Harley, probably because she was my first main and I know her stuff. Guns kan get annoying but they do 4%. Raven does seem like she kould be a problem.. Haven't played the match up though. Her wake ups are garbage so that should help in the match up with our Oki game..

GL's random factor gets me, but I don't think it's really bad. Another match up to note is Nightwing.. Might be a tough even match up...
You know, with Black Adam, it's not when they want to come to me that I have the problems, it's how easy it is for him to run away from everything. His back dash is so fast and goes so far that even on a well timed dash in to D1 he is already the fuck outta there with a back dash.

Shooting arrows to try bait dive kicks is risky at best because of the low hitting "black magic" move or whatever the fuck that is called, even trying to get arrows loaded seems to be tough because he has such good full screen options. I really have to work on this match up though.

Nightwing match up sucks balls when he is in Staff, but he is free to Arrow in Escrima lol, me and TakeAChance have it at 6-4 Nightwing right now.

I actually like the GL match up because you can make him come to you,

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You know, with Black Adam, it's not when they want to come to me that I have the problems, it's how easy it is for him to run away from everything. His back dash is so fast and goes so far that even on a well timed dash in to D1 he is already the fuck outta there with a back dash.

Shooting arrows to try bait dive kicks is risky at best because of the low hitting "black magic" move or whatever the fuck that is called, even trying to get arrows loaded seems to be tough because he has such good full screen options. I really have to work on this match up though.

Nightwing match up sucks balls when he is in Staff, but he is free to Arrow in Escrima lol, me and TakeAChance have it at 6-4 Nightwing right now.

I actually like the GL match up because you can make him come to you,

I know what you mean, but Black Magics don't generally kill you. His zoning tools give you an arrow load on block which you kan then use to kounter zone or rush him down. His back dashes will just push him to the korner where he'll have to divekick his way out, allowing you to make reads.. I'm not saying it's good for us but kompared to Superman, it's better. I like konditioning them with my arrows, and if I read the black magic I'll release it sooner and the pay off is much better than if he was to land his black magic which make them think twice.

I'm pretty sure we kan make GL kome to us like you said. Looks like a life lead match up. I really hate the beginning though. Starts us off in an advantage situation for him...

I think Nightwing is also a life lead match up because of staff. Aquaman and Nightwing I think are probably the least online friendly match ups for Arrow.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I know what you mean, but Black Magics don't generally kill you. His zoning tools give you an arrow load on block which you kan then use to kounter zone or rush him down. His back dashes will just push him to the korner where he'll have to divekick his way out, allowing you to make reads.. I'm not saying it's good for us but kompared to Superman, it's better. I like konditioning them with my arrows, and if I read the black magic I'll release it sooner and the pay off is much better than if he was to land his black magic which make them think twice.

I'm pretty sure we kan make GL kome to us like you said. Looks like a life lead match up. I really hate the beginning though. Starts us off in an advantage situation for him...

I think Nightwing is also a life lead match up because of staff. Aquaman and Nightwing I think are probably the least online friendly match ups for Arrow.
Yah GL and that fuckin B1 off match start lol.

Thanks for the BA tips, gotta find a good one and grind that shit.

Good Aquaman players get me offline and online. If they know what Arrow can do, they shut that shit down like now.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yah GL and that fuckin B1 off match start lol.

Thanks for the BA tips, gotta find a good one and grind that shit.

Good Aquaman players get me offline and online. If they know what Arrow can do, they shut that shit down like now.

Yeah. Move forward and you get hit. Jump back, get lifted. Dash Back, get lifted. Walk Back, get B1'd. Try to wait to punish B1, get jumped on into 50/50...

At least it's not Supes where he doesn't even have to think at the start.

Also for Black Adam. Remember that your low hitbox helps to duck under dive kicks and when they wiff you're at advantage to shoot arrows and get those arrow mix ups. You kan also MB B3 after D1 if you read lightning. Try it in practice mode.

Aquaman is a bad match up but much easier offline. Then again, I think everything is easier offline...

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yeah. Move forward and you get hit. Jump back, get lifted. Dash Back, get lifted. Walk Back, get B1'd. Try to wait to punish B1, get jumped on into 50/50...

At least it's not Supes where he doesn't even have to think at the start.

Also for Black Adam. Remember that your low hitbox helps to duck under dive kicks and when they wiff you're at advantage to shoot arrows and get those arrow mix ups. You kan also MB B3 after D1 if you read lightning. Try it in practice mode.

Aquaman is a bad match up but much easier offline. Then again, I think everything is easier offline...

Yah with Superman it's interesting,

By the time I know what kind of superman they are and adapt, either the set is over if it's a first to 2, or they quit because I've figured there bullshit out lol.

Karnage

so who do you guys counter pick with? who do you feel covers his bad match ups??? i am quite liking batgirl personally

Status
Not open for further replies.