What's new

Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
@Red Hood MKX
You should read up on the small breakdown I put up for the match up, two posts up from this one.

Just read it thanks for the tips bro.

Another thing i noticed is that superman can dominate the footsie war because GA doesnt really have anything to contend with f23 breath. But green arrow does have a really good d1 with good range so you have to be on point with your spacing with superman but other than that supes wins the footsie war and can really pressure GA when he gets in.

Does anyone on here play on xbox im always looking to play good players

I got bodied by a Brainiac using gear abilities today. I had never even played that MU befoe but it seems like he may be one of GAs tougher opponents. I can handle most other characters(not sure what other tough matchups he has) but he was a real problem.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Just read it thanks for the tips bro.

Another thing i noticed is that superman can dominate the footsie war because GA doesnt really have anything to contend with f23 breath. But green arrow does have a really good d1 with good range so you have to be on point with your spacing with superman but other than that supes wins the footsie war and can really pressure GA when he gets in.

Does anyone on here play on xbox im always looking to play good players
Yeah.. From midrange (like starting range), what stops Superman is that Arrow kan Savage Blast as a footsie tool to beat the F2. For Savage Blast, Arrow moves away faster than it hits so it beats out F2 at that range. To beat that at that range Superman kan instant air dash into J1, the risk reward is in Superman's favor, but Arrow kan also just wait. A lot of these things are spacing dependant, and not just by the ground range, but how high your instant air is matters too. Sometimes you don't want it too instant depending on how you're using it.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I got bodied by a Brainiac using gear abilities today. I had never even played that MU befoe but it seems like he may be one of GAs tougher opponents. I can handle most other characters(not sure what other tough matchups he has) but he was a real problem.
Online it might be harder, but Arrow has tools for most of Brainiac's options. Also, Arrow, like most of the kast, kan punish Brainiac's divekick, even from the lowest height, with D1. It's unreliable online, but if you struggle with that match up offline it's worth the practice.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
It's annoying that the arrow hitbox on start up is at the front of the bow. I've had many situations where I would jump up with an arrow ready to stop an air dash and the arrow will go right through them. It's because the air dash usually puts them right up against arrow and behind the hitbox.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I can't edit my post for some reason.

Is the arrow going through close opponents in the air intended? It would probably be the only fix I would really want for arrow.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It's annoying that the arrow hitbox on start up is at the front of the bow. I've had many situations where I would jump up with an arrow ready to stop an air dash and the arrow will go right through them. It's because the air dash usually puts them right up against arrow and behind the hitbox.
Yeah... That's why the jump back is better if you read a jump.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Ive fought far less Green Arrows than I did IGAU. I'm assuming because he lost his Super reset.
I don't think he sucks but when I've only fought 3 total GAs I get pretty curious as to what the fuck happen to him

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Ive fought far less Green Arrows than I did IGAU. I'm assuming because he lost his Super reset.
I don't think he sucks but when I've only fought 3 total GAs I get pretty curious as to what the fuck happen to him
May not be many casuals using him but there's actually quite a few using the character and doing well in a lot of online and offline tournaments.

Obviously there's less because of lack of Arrow hood. #hood4GreenArrow :(

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Aight, Illusions forced THEO to switch off Superman with his Green Arrow. He may have lost the set to Aquaman (which is actually a bad match-up for GA) but he still vindicated my original thought process. GA vs Superman is 5-5 in opinion. MAYBE 4-6 but definitely NOT 3-7. If you feel that way chances are you aren't reading Superman's jumps. GA nullifies Superman's air-dash- air laser game with straight air fire arrows.
Any vids of this? Watching good GA play is one of my fav thing.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
He got better so IDK...

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
He's a very.. what's the word.. specific character? His play style is pretty different and he doesn't feel like anyone else in the roster to me. He takes work to be good with too and I think what's happening right now is there are characters that take far less work but still succeed. If you want a zone there are several that are infinitely easier to play and get the same results or better in some cases. GA isn't just a zone obviously, but I feel like that's the reason we aren't seeing many people play him.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It may have already passed but kan any of you let me know when there is one of those Epic Gear Multiverse events for Arrow?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
It may have already passed but kan any of you let me know when there is one of those Epic Gear Multiverse events for Arrow?
He's had a couple of small ones where you gain 1 piece of Epic Gear (one just of them just a couple days ago) but he has yet to have his own 72-Hour Epic Gear set multiverse. Meanwhile, Batman, & Wonder Woman have already had two. #salty

UserJuke

Noob
Which matchups do you guys struggle most with?

Mine would be

1. Aquaman, obvious reason. Im also terrible at getting reversal slides out after FTD sadly. b123 being + on block drives me mad too.

2. Dr. Fate. No idea when I can load an arrow to try and trade in the zoning war. I feel like he can shoot me again after a blocked projectile before I can load.

3. Poison Ivy. No idea how to deal with her when she has trait out? As far as I can tell, just take the chip?

2. Superman. If i get a significant life lead, i can win the zoning war. He kills me up close and in neutral with f23.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28105

How does one go about giving the big man from Apokolips the business? He's the only one that I haven't been able to frequently give the business to.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
How does one go about giving the big man from Apokolips the business? He's the only one that I haven't been able to frequently give the business to.
Your low arrows go under his main zoning tool. Use that even if it's a 1% arrow. You recover so fast that even if he teleports you kan block. I don't know what other things you would have trouble with, but it's a pretty standard match up to me. Also, if you hold a standing arrow and he teleports, you kan let go after the teleport and it will punish him. Reminds me of a better Ares from Injustice 1.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Any advice for the Green Lantern matchup? I don't really feel like I can zone him (like he trades favorably most of the time or outright beats it with bowled over and MB battery while you have to manage reloading arrows) and trying to backdash the gap after B1 feels inconsistent (like if he spaces it, I'm not even sure there is a gap between B1,3).
By far one of the more annoying characters to deal with walking back imo.

Edit: At least it looks like Bowled over has more recovery than it initially seemed, so I might be able to trade ice arrows and get in/get some damage in that way. It's just that people don't really throw out too much from a distance when they know they're at risk for getting frozen. I won't really know until the next time I have to play against a Lantern in a match.
I also have to work on avoiding his stuff before shooting the other arrow types maybe.

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Any advice for the Green Lantern matchup? I don't really feel like I can zone him (like he trades favorably most of the time or outright beats it with bowled over and MB battery while you have to manage reloading arrows) and trying to backdash the gap after B1 feels inconsistent (like if he spaces it, I'm not even sure there is a gap between B1,3).
By far one of the more annoying characters to deal with walking back imo.

Edit: At least it looks like Bowled over has more recovery than it initially seemed, so I might be able to trade ice arrows and get in/get some damage in that way. It's just that people don't really throw out too much from a distance when they know they're at risk for getting frozen. I won't really know until the next time I have to play against a Lantern in a match.
I also have to work on avoiding his stuff before shooting the other arrow types maybe.
If he's in B1 range, by default, just stay low blocking and don't move. He wins out at that range, so you have to think out your moves more. If you don't think he's going to B1 soon you kan Savage Blast to kreate space and if he does a late B1, it will probably lose.

The main place where you win is through zoning. He's not going to be building as much meter as you so you kan zone freely and if he hits you with an occasional EX projectile it doesn't matter too much in the long run, especially since he needs meter for it.

B1, 3 definitely has a gap, and I think it's easier to backdash than in Injustice 1. You have to do it as soon as you block it, which is not so easy to do in a real match, but even if you block it, he doesn't get much off of it on block. Just be patient and keep your defense up. I don't recommend trying to backdash it online too much.

Also... Load Fire Arrows, not Ice Arrows.. Ice Arrows should be a rarity in this game.