What's new

Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I think Superman and Cat-Woman are GA's worst MUs. They dont let GA do anything. Superman completely outzones GA with DB1 and i don't even need to talk about footsies and damage... and Cat-Woman is the best anti-zoner in the game with that MB catdash and J2, she has more oppressive pressure, more range, more damage...
I definitely don't think Arrow loses to Catwoman, but I have been playing that match up since the Injustice 1 days and it actually got easier in Injustice 2 since she doesn't have 50/50s...

Superman is a tough match up, but I think it might be 5-5. I have been going back and forth on it between being 5-5 or 4-6, but Arrow technically has an answer for everything Superman does. Arrow's projectiles are faster than Superman's are so if it's just his arrows VS Superman's DB1 laser, Arrow wins the zoning for sure. If you are doing this though, you kan't hold your arrows at all, and you must release them immediately. Superman's answer to this is then his air laser, which if he starts doing too much you kan then hold your arrow and jump shoot him on reaction from a distance ,or if he's klose, dash under and punish.

Also, if you notice in the videos you posted, Arrow was able to zone a bit. Ice Arrow travels the slowest out of all the arrows though so you don't want to zone with that unless you're looking for the trade.

Last edited:

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
That's good to know.. I kompletely forgot, but I remember looking at that before and I was worried about the wiff punish since you kan't do it too klose. Keeps him in check though and since we get a full kombo, the risk should be worth it a lot of times.

Do you have any recorded matches against Atrocitus? I'm sure there's more I kan learn from that.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162234272

I don't have any unfortunately, but I did run into one yesterday on ranked while I was streaming. Not the best Atro, but you can see I shut down his trait approach early on with Hurricane Bow, and forced him to play a bit more cautious. 2nd time, I mis-spaced it and we ended up trading. He then actually baits out the Hurricane bow later on and punishes me for it, so you can see what I mean where it becomes a bit of a mind game. Match starts at 21:31.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Dont know if this is well know, but you can actually get a deep ji2 into b3/f3 on aerial ice hits. So if you get an anti air ice shot, f2d13 xx ice arrow, you get more damage.

Example:
F2d13 xx 4, load an arrow or db1, ji2, b3, ji2, b23 xx hold 4

Lo0py

Noob
Dont know if this is well know, but you can actually get a deep ji2 into b3/f3 on aerial ice hits. So if you get an anti air ice shot, f2d13 xx ice arrow, you get more damage.

Example:
F2d13 xx 4, load an arrow or db1, ji2, b3, ji2, b23 xx hold 4
Or you can do db1 instead before the b3/f3, building meter in the process, and about the same damage. But that depends on the height of the freeze, if you manage to get it pretty low to the ground, deep ji2 is better.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Or you can do db1 instead before the b3/f3, building meter in the process, and about the same damage. But that depends on the height of the freeze, if you manage to get it pretty low to the ground, deep ji2 is better.
That is what I meant. But also noticed that deep ji2 into b3/f3 didnt really do that much more damage off f2d13. It is when you do it off air freeze hits you really see the difference :)

UserJuke

Noob
Any tips for wonderwoman? Anything but full screen and shes going to bust your arrow shots up with that shield throw. I dont see a lot of Wonder Woman, so I struggle when I do.

Yammini was great. Nice to finally see some representation for this character. For real, he was doing stuff I never thought to try. BTW, Ive official switch to using Dpad now, and I gotta admit you guys were right, it is much, much more consistent. Ive started only playing GA for now and its working good so far. I think this character still has a lot of untapped potential. Im currently working on just how much damage I can deal with zero meter. So far it seems like 22 + electric arrow + 22 + electric arrow + 223 into bf3 is one of the best ones.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
This has probably been asked before, but what is regular arrow on block? Frame data for me says NA. Not sure if that's just referring to just cocking and holding arrow.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I always thought poison Ivy was hard and now she got buffs. Never even seen Doctor Fate. I don't know how bad Aquaman is with the nerfs he got.

Last edited:
Every time I play against Fate I have a lot of trouble just dealing with his zoning. Even loading arrows can be a risk unless you manage to get a knockdown and he has an answer for most of Green Arrows bread and butter. I think thats one of his weaker MUs

I am really considering picking up GA for specific matchups where I struggle. I think his defensive style will really suit me. Is he fairly easy to pick up? Is his execution difficult or pretty simple?