What's new

Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
Since update 1.04 a lot of gamers on Injustice 2 are now being exposed showing they are connected through WiFi with such high pings smfh

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
What is the general strategy vs Dr Fate? Specifically:
- What arrow do you guys prefer to load?
- Do you try to counterzone with arrrows, or just get in?
- When can you actually forward dash? Or are the best options walking, jumping over the quick projectile, and mb roll?
- What do you usually do after blocking f2 push? It seemed like we don't have amazing options - f2 reaches but they back dash they can whiff punish you

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Update on the combo thread.

Im bad at being an adult. I sat down and got about 90% of it done. I have all the info and most of the structure and wording done. Just have to start to bring the info into the structure, correlate and label, then final formatting.

Andrey

Wuah
Is the Deadshot matchup really in Arrow's favor?

If he gets fullscream and has the lifelead, I cant even load my arrows...I

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
Who on this forum would show me the ropes of green arrow I'm on Xbox

Gamer Tag: I Am Shem

I'm looking for a main character I don't really think cyborg can be my main for right now I'm free for the next 5 hrs. HMU

What's the best dmg Arrow can get off a d2 with no ice arrow equipped? I think the Darkseid match-up is pretty close but I'm not sure what I should do after d2-ing teleport.

P.S. I don't think the Superman match-up is THAT bad.

What's the best dmg Arrow can get off a d2 with no ice arrow equipped? I think the Darkseid match-up is pretty close but I'm not sure what I should do after d2-ing teleport.

P.S. I don't think the Superman match-up is THAT bad.
You can hit confirm into ice arrow equip then do 11d4 to freeze

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Does anyone have any decent oki setups? It seems like you might be able to do some stuff off of bf3 or 111/b23 load Enders.

Does anyone have any decent oki setups? It seems like you might be able to do some stuff off of bf3 or 111/b23 load Enders.
If you end with b23 you can load an arrow and then press 4. and depending on what arrow you loaded you could either jump and shoot down, shoot a low arrow, or cancel and go for a grab

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
What up green arrow dudes. Im a batman and superman main i kinda struggle against green arrow his zoning is really good im curious to know why you guys think superman beats him 7/3 the match up doesnt feel like superman has that much of an advantage i know superman out footsies him but it seems like arrow wins the zoning war

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
What up green arrow dudes. Im a batman and superman main i kinda struggle against green arrow his zoning is really good im curious to know why you guys think superman beats him 7/3 the match up doesnt feel like superman has that much of an advantage i know superman out footsies him but it seems like arrow wins the zoning war
Eye laser damage means supermen wins every trade unless you let up pressure, but even then GA is only getting 3 fire arrows. Then superman has better footsies, higher damage, and better frame traps.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Eye laser damage means supermen wins every trade unless you let up pressure, but even then GA is only getting 3 fire arrows. Then superman has better footsies, higher damage, and better frame traps.

Ahh did anyone watch the illusions theo match. That match looks really familiar to me. I really really dought superman beats green arrow 7/3 maybe he did in inj1 but not in this game im gonna go ahead and say it green arrow might actually beat superman green arrow has some of the best zoning in this game its a really annoying match up for supes in my opinion

Aight, Illusions forced THEO to switch off Superman with his Green Arrow. He may have lost the set to Aquaman (which is actually a bad match-up for GA) but he still vindicated my original thought process. GA vs Superman is 5-5 in opinion. MAYBE 4-6 but definitely NOT 3-7. If you feel that way chances are you aren't reading Superman's jumps. GA nullifies Superman's air-dash- air laser game with straight air fire arrows.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Anyone ending with b23 into boxing arrrow? Set's up pretty well from the hard knockdown. Works well against characters that don't have a far reaching wakeup. Probably the best use I found for it outside of neutral.

Scoot Magee

Anyone got a practical use for the down arrows??
The safest use is to beat fast advancing moves like banes charge. You can cancel into them after a J3 but it can be risky. It does a lot of damage if you land j3 into mb air sky alert. It's also good for delaying your fall, it's especially useful against moves like aquamans FTD and black adams lighting.

Scoot Magee

Arrows b2 is a good corner tool imo. The overhead part of b2 has good range and covers a good portion of the air. Imo it's a good move to throw out early when spaced/timed properly. If you hit them out of a jump you can cancel into a normal arrow and get a juggle in the corner.

Hey, everyone. Im new here. I love this game and Im trying to get really good at it, maybe even at a competitive level if I can. My mains are Green Arrow, Scarecrow and Firestorm, but I have question about Green Arrow. Ive been working on his combos and trying anything I can to see what can be combo'd into and out of, and I was wondering if there is anything you can do to keep a combo going after a meter burn df2(The Up Haven Blast)? I was able to get a bf3 in after it but that was about it.

Bear with me because I dont know all of the fighting game lingo yet.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Hey, everyone. Im new here. I love this game and Im trying to get really good at it, maybe even at a competitive level if I can. My mains are Green Arrow, Scarecrow and Firestorm, but I have question about Green Arrow. Ive been working on his combos and trying anything I can to see what can be combo'd into and out of, and I was wondering if there is anything you can do to keep a combo going after a meter burn df2(The Up Haven Blast)? I was able to get a bf3 in after it but that was about it.

Bear with me because I dont know all of the fighting game lingo yet.
Depends on the height and range. It's best to use it as an anti-air. I use it when I read a jump (before they jump), then you kan MB it into J1, F2, Hurricane Bow at max range or less.... Or if you hit them at the perfect height and range, you kan actually get a B3. Otherwise, you kan usually at least get a dash into D1, Hurricane Bow.

Thanks. definitely gonna try to land the d1 into hurricane bow. Ive noticed you can kind of delay the second shot on meter burn so they stay in the air longer. Also, is the air Sky Alert(db1 in the air) useful in combos? Ive realized that it can be quite a good overhead mixup if you time it right but thats about it.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Aight, Illusions forced THEO to switch off Superman with his Green Arrow. He may have lost the set to Aquaman (which is actually a bad match-up for GA) but he still vindicated my original thought process. GA vs Superman is 5-5 in opinion. MAYBE 4-6 but definitely NOT 3-7. If you feel that way chances are you aren't reading Superman's jumps. GA nullifies Superman's air-dash- air laser game with straight air fire arrows.
Theo didn't really know how to play the match up because he was used to outdamaging Arrow in Injustice 1. I think it's a 4-6 match up. I played Han Rashid offline for a few matches and there were some things he knew how to do well that Theo doesn't. You have to recognize, that Theo is a defensive player, but Superman doesn't win by being that Theo level of defensive in this match up. Superman kan kounterzone and then get in. Also, Han Rashid used to use Arrow in Injustice 1, so he knows what the gameplan is.

In particular, instant air dash is a tool that works really well against Arrow. Arrow's D2 isn't fast enough to beat it on reaction and standing 1 doesn't reliably beat it either, I think it depends on the Superman's timing of J1 but I am not sure.

I think we should explore this match up a bit more because I'd rather talk about options than just tell people "Hey, that match up is 4-6."

Like one thing I definitely noted against Han Rashid is that D1 into low arrow is interruptable into a full kombo with F23...

As far as the zoning goes, Arrow's zoning works because he recovers really fast from his Arrows, however, so do Superman's lasers. The main reason Superman kannot shoot back after Arrow has shot an arrow is because as Arrow's arrow is still flying, he kan shoot another one. In order to do this though, Arrow has to kommit to his second arrow at some point after shooting the other one, that's when Superman kan jump up and shoot his air laser. If the Arrow player reads that, he kan then hold the arrow and react to the jump (depending on the distance), but if the Superman player reads that, he kan just shoot a laser from the ground. Superman wins the zoning war because this part of the zoning is fairly even, except Arrow has to load his arrows at some point. He kan shoot 1% arrows to get a chance to load an arrow but then he runs the risk of getting a trade, which he then loses.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Thanks. definitely gonna try to land the d1 into hurricane bow. Ive noticed you can kind of delay the second shot on meter burn so they stay in the air longer. Also, is the air Sky Alert(db1 in the air) useful in combos? Ive realized that it can be quite a good overhead mixup if you time it right but thats about it.
I don't think it's good in kombos, but maybe someone else knows something I don't on that... I rarely use it, it's too punishable for me, personally, to use as a mixup. I'd rather have the advantage I get from my jump 3. Maybe if I make a hard read, I would use it, but it would be rare.