What's new

Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Green Arrow vs Aquaman is pure AIDS! Aquaman stops EVERYTHING that Green Arrow tries to do :(
I really need more experience vs a good aquaman. The times that I've played against AM I would try to stay just outside his footsie range with fire arrows so that FTD is a bit more risky to use. If I can get him into the corner I can usually work from there but I'm literally going off almost no experience. I played the match a lot in the first game and it was pretty rough then too.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Green Arrow vs Superman is pure CANCER. 3-7

Superman outzones, outfootsies and does more damage than GA. The fact that Superman outzones GA pisses me off!

Bruno-NeoSpace

I think i just found something good with Green Arrow in the corner that is using DF2 or MB DF2 in the corner.

DF2 is +11 on block and MB DF2 is +12 on block.

You can mix them with the F2,D1,3 string because the third hit is a OVERHEAD so the opponent will block high, then you use the DF2 or MB DF2 (second hit a mid) to be plus on block then it's a guaranteed F2 and there you go again :D

If they get hit by the low (F2,D1) the DF2 or MB DF2 will COMBO :D

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I think i just found something good with Green Arrow in the corner that is using DF2 or MB DF2 in the corner.

You can mix them with the F2,D1,3 string because the third hit is a OVERHEAD so the opponent will block high, then you use the DF2 or MB DF2 (second hit a mid) to be plus on block then it's a guaranteed F2 and there you go again :D

I messed with this a while back, it's pretty gimmicky to be honest. It's easy to see the up haven blast and then just crouch. I was trying to find a way to jail into it but there's really nothing good that I could find. Also a lot of people fuzzy to cover the 3 and low arrow option so that will negate it as well.

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Sounds like a fun idea, but I'd rather just 50/50 them...

F2D13 leads into a good kombo in the korner and slide by itself leads into: D1 Hurricane Bow MB 111 Slide.
You kan get slide "by itself" after they block F2D1, so it is a true 50/50 that leads to damage in the korner.

Bruno-NeoSpace

Green Arrow strategy to beat ALL Superman's wakeups (but super) at corner:

end your combos with slide, then you do a tiny backward step into D2.

The combo i do it is: D2 - DF2 - S1 - 1,1,1 - slide. same situation again :D

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

Green Arrow strategy to beat ALL Aquaman's wakeups (even super) at corner:

end your combos with slide, then you do a tiny backward step into neutral jump 2.

The combo i do it is: neutral jump 2 - 1,1,1 - DF2 - 1,1 - DB1 - 1,1,3 - slide. same situation again :D

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

Won online BR qualification for Latin League using Green Arrow boiiisss (and a pocket black adam but just in the last game because GA vs superman is cancer :p )! HELL YEAH! :D

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Anyone want to talk more about match ups? Specifically how he should be playing some match ups...

I would make a match up chart to start the discussion, but I feel like I am still missing a lot of match up experience.

EDIT: I made one anyway.. I'll change it as I get more knowledge and experience.
EDIT: again on 8/15/2017 AKA Post Patch

Aquaman 4-6

Atrocitus 6-4 or 5-5

Bane 5-5

Batman 5-5

Black Adam 4-6

Black Canary 6-4

Blue Beetle 5-5

Captain Cold 5-5 (maybe not with his guaranteed resets)

Catwoman 5-5

Cheetah 5-5

Cyborg 5-5

Darkseid 5-5

Deadshot 4-6

Doctor Fate 4-6

Firestorm 5-5

Flash 5-5

Gorilla Grodd 5-5

Green Arrow 5-5

Green Lantern 6-4

Harley Quinn 5-5

Joker 6-4

Poison Ivy 5-5

Red Hood 5-5

Robin 5-5

Scarecrow 6-4

Supergirl 4-6

Superman 5-5 or 4-6

Swamp Thing 5-5

Wonder Woman 5-5

Last edited:

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Anyone want to talk more about match ups? Specifically how he should be playing some match ups...

I would make a match up chart to start the discussion, but I feel like I am still missing a lot of match up experience.

EDIT: I made one anyway.. I'll change it as I get more knowledge and experience.

Aquaman 4-6

Atrocitus 3-7

Bane 5-5

Batman 5-5

Black Adam 4-6

Black Canary 6-4

Blue Beetle 5-5

Captain Cold 6-4 (maybe not with his guaranteed resets)

Catwoman 5-5

Cheetah 6-4

Cyborg 5-5

Darkseid 5-5

Deadshot 4-6

Doctor Fate 5-5

Firestorm 5-5

Flash 5-5

Gorilla Grodd 5-5

Green Arrow 5-5

Green Lantern 6-4

Harley Quinn 5-5

Joker 6-4

Poison Ivy 5-5

Red Hood 5-5

Robin 5-5

Scarecrow 6-4

Supergirl 5-5

Superman 5-5 or 4-6

Swamp Thing 5-5

Wonder Woman 5-5
Curious why you think Atro-Green Arrow is so bad? I actually think this is a MU Green Arrow wins or at worst, goes even.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Curious why you think Atro-Green Arrow is so bad? I actually think this is a MU Green Arrow wins or at worst, goes even.
I was hoping someone would say something like that.. Maybe it's just personally bad for me.

How does Arrow win? Atrocitus does pretty well if he decides to trade my projectiles with his Blood-Nado. If I have fire arrows, he loses the trade, but it isn't that big of a loss for him since it seems to be hard to load arrows against him. Maybe that's just me though. Then if I become more patient, time is on his side because of his trait. Once he has trait out, the it is definitely his game. The problem is also, that his trait komes out too fast. His normals also reach pretty far and he doesn't have to take risks, but if he does it's 50/50 time. From ranges where my F2 won't reach, I have been trying to use Savage Blast on a read to beat out his advancing normals, but then I run the risk of taking a kombo from a blood-Nado. I found out recently though, that I kan punish that by dashing in, into D1 from that range though, so that's a big deal; I used to punish it with Slide.

How do you play the match up? And what do you do in neutral or when he has trait out?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I was hoping someone would say something like that.. Maybe it's just personally bad for me.

How does Arrow win? Atrocitus does pretty well if he decides to trade my projectiles with his Blood-Nado. If I have fire arrows, he loses the trade, but it isn't that big of a loss for him since it seems to be hard to load arrows against him. Maybe that's just me though. Then if I become more patient, time is on his side because of his trait. Once he has trait out, the it is definitely his game. The problem is also, that his trait komes out too fast. His normals also reach pretty far and he doesn't have to take risks, but if he does it's 50/50 time. From ranges where my F2 won't reach, I have been trying to use Savage Blast on a read to beat out his advancing normals, but then I run the risk of taking a kombo from a blood-Nado. I found out recently though, that I kan punish that by dashing in, into D1 from that range though, so that's a big deal; I used to punish it with Slide.

How do you play the match up? And what do you do in neutral or when he has trait out?
For this MU, I usually try to play it from the mid screen and just bully him with fire arrows, MB stinger, and savage blast. Trait is when things become a bit of a guessing game for both Arrow and him. Savage blast is great for running away but puddle becomes a threat.

I used to struggle in this MU until I went into training mode and found that Hurricane bow is a great answer for shield. It has to be spaced right, but Hurricane Bow as he approaching with shield will break it and give you a full combo. Again, has to be spaced right to make sure shield only touches the bow and not Arrow himself. I 3-0'd 2EZ's Atro in Hometown Heroes few weeks ago using this strategy and haven't lost to an Atro since.But, like I said, it's risky for both but it at least slows down Atro's rushdown approach with trait out and doesn't let him play the game he wants.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
For this MU, I usually try to play it from the mid screen and just bully him with fire arrows, MB stinger, and savage blast. Trait is when things become a bit of a guessing game for both Arrow and him. Savage blast is great for running away but puddle becomes a threat.

I used to struggle in this MU until I went into training mode and found that Hurricane bow is a great answer for shield. It has to be spaced right, but Hurricane Bow as he approaching with shield will break it and give you a full combo. Again, has to be spaced right to make sure shield only touches the bow and not Arrow himself. I 3-0'd 2EZ's Atro in Hometown Heroes few weeks ago using this strategy and haven't lost to an Atro since.But, like I said, it's risky for both but it at least slows down Atro's rushdown approach with trait out and doesn't let him play the game he wants.
That's good to know.. I kompletely forgot, but I remember looking at that before and I was worried about the wiff punish since you kan't do it too klose. Keeps him in check though and since we get a full kombo, the risk should be worth it a lot of times.

Do you have any recorded matches against Atrocitus? I'm sure there's more I kan learn from that.

Bruno-NeoSpace

Aquaman 4-6

Atrocitus 3-7

Bane 5-5

Batman 5-5

Black Adam 4-6

Black Canary 6-4

Blue Beetle 5-5

Captain Cold 6-4 (maybe not with his guaranteed resets)

Catwoman 5-5

Cheetah 6-4

Cyborg 5-5

Darkseid 5-5

Deadshot 4-6

Doctor Fate 5-5

Firestorm 5-5

Flash 5-5

Gorilla Grodd 5-5

Green Arrow 5-5

Green Lantern 6-4

Harley Quinn 5-5

Joker 6-4

Poison Ivy 5-5

Red Hood 5-5

Robin 5-5

Scarecrow 6-4

Supergirl 5-5

Superman 5-5 or 4-6

Swamp Thing 5-5

Wonder Woman 5-5
Mine it is:

Aquaman 4-6

Atrocitus 5-5

Bane 6-4

Batman 5-5

Black Adam 4-6

Black Canary 6-4

Blue Beetle 6-4

Captain Cold 6-4

Catwoman 3-7

Cheetah 5-5

Cyborg 5-5

Darkseid 5-5

Deadshot 5-5

Doctor Fate 5-5

Firestorm 6-4

Flash 6-4

Gorilla Grodd 6-4

Green Arrow 5-5

Green Lantern 5-5

Harley Quinn 5-5

Joker 6-4

Poison Ivy 5-5

Red Hood 5-5

Robin 6-4

Scarecrow 6-4

Supergirl 5-5

Superman 3-7

Swamp Thing 6-4

Wonder Woman 5-5

14 even MUs
11 winning MUs
4 losing MUs

I think Superman and Cat-Woman are GA's worst MUs. They dont let GA do anything. Superman completely outzones GA with DB1 and i don't even need to talk about footsies and damage... and Cat-Woman is the best anti-zoner in the game with that MB catdash and J2, she has more oppressive pressure, more range, more damage...