What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

I second that there is no real way to test cancel advantage. so far the only thing I can tell from me experience
22 +2
b2 +5
112 +5
b1 +4
11 -6
2 -5
d2 -7
the rest I have no idea aside from it feels negative
I'd say B1 is +6 but fuck, B2 is so plus?

Belial

Noob
I'd say B1 is +6 but fuck, B2 is so plus?
b2 is at least +5, im not sure thats final number. Could be +6 or more. In SC thread I posted a challenge that requires interrupting 7frame reversal with 10 frames 22 after b2~SC. Which is only possible if b2 is at least +5. But considering success ratio I doubt its 1 frame link, also I feel it both depends on how fast Stampede is cancelled and how you input 22. so technically b2~SC could be even more advantage. If I were to guess I'd say +6 at least, but so far I've only been able to confirm its +5. Same goes for 22~SC. I've only been able to confirm its +2 at least. As for b1 I've never tested that thoughroughly but I cant interrupt 7fr reversals after it so my guess is its at least +4.

11 and 2 cancel I've tested with superman and SG supermoves.

b2 is at least +5, im not sure thats final number. Could be +6 or more. In SC thread I posted a challenge that requires interrupting 7frame reversal with 10 frames 22 after b2~SC. Which is only possible if b2 is at least +5. But considering success ratio I doubt its 1 frame link, also I feel it both depends on how fast Stampede is cancelled and how you input 22. so technically b2~SC could be even more advantage. If I were to guess I'd say +6 at least, but so far I've only been able to confirm its +5. Same goes for 22~SC. I've only been able to confirm its +2 at least. As for b1 I've never tested that thoughroughly but I cant interrupt 7fr reversals after it so my guess is its at least +4.

11 and 2 cancel I've tested with superman and SG supermoves.
I was trading S3 with Firestorm's 10F reversal after B1~SC

Wigy

There it is...
How do u approach the gl matchup?

Cant really get near him. B1 and that d2

Its not bad or anything just cant play like i usually do

Skedar70

Noob
How do u approach the gl matchup?

Cant really get near him. B1 and that d2

Its not bad or anything just cant play like i usually do
If you think his d2 is a nuisance is probably because you were being predictable with your leaps. The GL cant just spam projectiles because of fear for leap so just walk and duck patiently until you are within reach activate trait and projectile immunity at times. If he starts spamming projectiles than you can try to catch him with a leap. This isnt a particular hard mu for Grodd I believe just mix it up. Once you are within reach of his b1 slow down and try to block it. If he goes for the full string b12 then he is negative and youve done it you are in. If he just staggers b1 he aint doing nothing with that and if he does the whole string into special mb wall big deal he just used a bar. Beware of any jump ins he might attempt though or mb b3. You also have secret sweep for when you are in range. Always block low, Until he knocks you down (then you have to guess).

Wigy

There it is...
If you think his d2 is a nuisance is probably because you were being predictable with your leaps. The GL cant just spam projectiles because of fear for leap so just walk and duck patiently until you are within reach activate trait and projectile immunity at times. If he starts spamming projectiles than you can try to catch him with a leap. This isnt a particular hard mu for Grodd I believe just mix it up. Once you are within reach of his b1 slow down and try to block it. If he goes for the full string b12 then he is negative and youve done it you are in. If he just staggers b1 he aint doing nothing with that and if he does the whole string into special mb wall big deal he just used a bar. Beware of any jump ins he might attempt though or mb b3. You also have secret sweep for when you are in range. Always block low, Until he knocks you down (then you have to guess).
Yeah just a weird one cause you can’t harrass with d1 and the diagonal 1 like with other mu’s cause of his b1.

I usually just annoy the fuck out of the opponent with those til they give me an opening to 22 or b2.

Just legit dont know how to play the neutral. Just wait for him to b1 and then take your turn?

Skedar70

Noob
Yeah just a weird one cause you can’t harrass with d1 and the diagonal 1 like with other mu’s cause of his b1.

I usually just annoy the fuck out of the opponent with those til they give me an opening to 22 or b2.

Just legit dont know how to play the neutral. Just wait for him to b1 and then take your turn?
Well B1 by itself is actually plus so its best to just block and respect, however he can't link it to another B1 without it being interrupted by your d1 so at times you should also challenge it and I think Grodds d1 has enough reach so that you don't whiff it. He can also walk back a little to make your d1 whiff and punish you, however at that time you can just jump in and go for a 22 sc pressure. He can't react to everything you do so its all just mind games you have to make some reads. Mix up walk in, with leaps, with trait projectile immunity activation, with normal jump ins, and meter burn rolls to get in on him.

Wigy

There it is...
ALso why do people change sides with dd1 1 as a mixup?

Surely blocking low beats all the options from dd1? Why are people blocking back

Skedar70

Noob
ALso why do people change sides with dd1 1 as a mixup?

Surely blocking low beats all the options from dd1? Why are people blocking back
I don't get this question. Are you talking about his vortex? On hit the mix up is if its going to do a crossup or if its the leap command grab. There is no mixup on block.

Wigy

There it is...
I don't get this question. Are you talking about his vortex? On hit the mix up is if its going to do a crossup or if its the leap command grab. There is no mixup on block.
Omega k seems to use it as oki and stuff. Like out of combos.

I think maybe just catching people who are always doing back to block?

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
I THINK HES TALKING ABOUT JUST FLOAT INTO CROSS OVER 1. SINCE ITS A MID IT SHOULDNT BE HITTING PEOPLE.