What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Robin giving anyone else trouble? He's safe as fuck and hard to punish. Once he gets life lead the MU becomes a chore.

If I get life lead I can control the match and it feels more even. It's just chasing him down and trying to open him up that really sucks. I think I seriously end up throwing him 20 times to get damage.

Robin giving anyone else trouble? He's safe as fuck and hard to punish. Once he gets life lead the MU becomes a chore.

If I get life lead I can control the match and it feels more even. It's just chasing him down and trying to open him up that really sucks. I think I seriously end up throwing him 20 times to get damage.
It is a pretty slow match up , I haven't had any huge problems against him like aqua man or deadshot

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.

Using the throw loop is a big part of his game, you say that like it's a bad thing.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Did anyone try to setup more combos into levitation?
Smth like that (it's just a concept/idea, cuz I played this game for 1 hour for now :) ):
Restand is sick too, but, it seems, Grodd doesn't have really good 50/50's..

Also, if you use dd3 and trait bar comes to end, it'll be still active during trait cooldown

Last edited:
Max damage with Grodd using all his resources : trait + 4 bars = 742 damage.
BTW I do this video on competitive mode/ tournament mode so this is the real damage.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It's not bad but throws can be teched and jumped. Can't just throw all the time.
No but there is a big meta to play that is beneficial to the thrower. When they start teching then you start shimmying.

I'm glad he doesn't have a really easy oh/low game, it's much more fun and creative when the mixup is based around throws. And because his throw loops into itself it's much scarier for opponents. It's boring when the other person has no option but to block right.

does anyone know why when i do a cross up leap into b2 leap i cant get another b2, but when i dont cross up i can get another rep of b2 leap, seems odd cant get my head round it :confused:

If d1 comboed into his telekinetic throw that would be pimp. as of now his d1 combos into his stampede. i mindfuck opponents by dashing in immediately (because his dash and stampede look similar) after condition my d1 stampede.

My question for NRS is why is his telekinetic throw range so short?? As a matter fact i feel it should reach full screen that would make his trait much more useful.

Is anyone else having the down input in B2xxDF1 not register? It doesn't even show up in the input log on practice.

I've tried multiple controllers as well, doesn't seem to be a hardware issue... it might just be me messing up on the inputs but it's hard to tell. Almost feels like you have to hold it down for a split second before sliding your thumb over F1.

Negative ed
Is anyone else having the down input in B2xxDF1 not register? It doesn't even show up in the input log on practice.

I've tried multiple controllers as well, doesn't seem to be a hardware issue... it might just be me messing up on the inputs but it's hard to tell. Almost feels like you have to hold it down for a split second before sliding your thumb over F1.
Negative edge off, no problems

TRG

Grodd God
It's almost unfair how much fun Grodd is to pub stomp with online... Nothing more satisfying than leaping in full screen on a scrub zoner and then vortexting them to death with the restands.

I'm definitely maining Grodd for the long haul.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Labbing against Aquaman...

After you throw him, if he wakes up with Trident Rush you're limited to only a few options.

You can't straight up try and attack as everything will get beat. You can't cross him up because TR catches you. You can't back dash, TR will catch you. You could block but you'll just eat a ton of chip damage and not be able to punish him.

Basically you can either jump back or jump up.

If you jump back, there's time to jump forward again. If he doesn't meterburn he can block your jump in but you can at least get pressure or maybe another throw. If he reads that he can actually get off an attack after he gets up before you jump forward again. Or he can just stand up and you're back to being fucked in the neutral or D2 you if you jump back in.

You can neutral jump 3 and actually hit him out of TR! But if he reads that he can D2 and launch you or block and you're -11 so he gets to just D1~TR.

Throwing is a big part of Grodd's game and honestly it feels like we're on the shitty end of the risk/reward spectrum when it comes to throwing Aquaman.

He out reaches us. We can't leap or jump at him. We can't punish TR. Our restand shenanigans are thwarted by his trait. We can't even throw him without putting ourselves at risk.

This is a truly terrible matchup.

Labbing against Aquaman...

After you throw him, if he wakes up with Trident Rush you're limited to only a few options.

You can't straight up try and attack as everything will get beat. You can't cross him up because TR catches you. You can't back dash, TR will catch you. You could block but you'll just eat a ton of chip damage and not be able to punish him.

Basically you can either jump back or jump up.

If you jump back, there's time to jump forward again. If he doesn't meterburn he can block your jump in but you can at least get pressure or maybe another throw. If he reads that he can actually get off an attack after he gets up before you jump forward again. Or he can just stand up and you're back to being fucked in the neutral or D2 you if you jump back in.

You can neutral jump 3 and actually hit him out of TR! But if he reads that he can D2 and launch you or block and you're -11 so he gets to just D1~TR.

Throwing is a big part of Grodd's game and honestly it feels like we're on the shitty end of the risk/reward spectrum when it comes to throwing Aquaman.

He out reaches us. We can't leap or jump at him. We can't punish TR. Our restand shenanigans are thwarted by his trait. We can't even throw him without putting ourselves at risk.

This is a truly terrible matchup.
Lol even if with we get started he has is trait honestly the worse match up so far