What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

Belial

Noob
Only leap2 has this limitation. Leap 3 is limited to 3 times. Also limit is enforced only if leap2 crosses up. If leap 2 doesn't crossup (happens sometimes after f3 or d2) there is no limit.

Also I posted some bnbs in my original patchnotes post, check them out

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
The thing that changed in the patch is that after a leap j3 b2 leap you can't crossup up again.

For example before the patch you could do:

112 sc, d2, b2 leap, j3, b2 leap j3, b2 leap j2 b2 leap, j2.

After the patch you are unable to do the last b2 leap j2,

Everything else existed before and we've had to adjust our combos starting from a crossup since day 1

https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/894634492245180416

Upppss Sonicfox is coming our way guys. We better stop any downplaying going least we want to be blown up like the CC community. :eek::eek::eek:
TBF with grodds damage and his set ups with trait pulse kinda got a point lol not saying its easier but with someone at his level using the tools we have who knows maybe he destroys everyone. Would love to see anyone here who tries to talk shit actually pick up the character and do what he does lol

Skedar70

Noob
TBF with grodds damage and his set ups with trait pulse kinda got a point lol not saying its easier but with someone at his level using the tools we have who knows maybe he destroys everyone. Would love to see anyone here who tries to talk shit actually pick up the character and do what he does lol
Yeah I would actually enjoy seeing him use Grodd and basically take notes.

Belial

Noob
The good news for Grodd community is that I will be maining Grodd now and also Madzin said he wants to pick him up, so luckily more high level Grodd gameplay is underway.

By the way some awkward stuff I noticed, recent patch really limits our combo potential in the corner, at least it seems like that. Very often b2 into leap 2 in the corner just woudnt let you continue even with just 1 rep.

Last edited:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Idk if grodd mains noticed but he got secretly nerfed in that now you can't even do one rep of pounce into ji2 if grodd crosses you up.