What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

Skedar70

Noob
Idk if grodd mains noticed but he got secretly nerfed in that now you can't even do one rep of pounce into ji2 if grodd crosses you up.
I made a whole thread about this. Apparently it always has been this way. I always thought I was dropping my combos. Now I have adapted and whenever I notice a cross up leap I just cut my combos short. I still get like 30 percent soo its all good.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Crossup leaps always shortened the combo, but now regular leaps and air to air leaps do too sadly.

They made it this way to stop the corner infinite, it was much easier for them to change Grodds combo mechanics than several character hurtboxes I guess.

Last edited:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I made a whole thread about this. Apparently it always has been this way. I always thought I was dropping my combos. Now I have adapted and whenever I notice a cross up leap I just cut my combos short. I still get like 30 percent soo its all good.
No they're wrong it waaas actually changed

Belial

Noob
Would have been cool to see your Grodd at Viennality.
I only used grodd for 3 weeks when the game was out though i always could make sc and still was doing them w/o fail. I don't understand people complaing about difficulty. I was using him at free play after viennality b/c I decided to only use grodd from now on. I was surprised to do so good b/c I was using outdated tech.

I only used grodd for 3 weeks when the game was out though i always could make sc and still was doing them w/o fail. I don't understand people complaing about difficulty. I was using him at free play after viennality b/c I decided to only use grodd from now on. I was surprised to do so good b/c I was using outdated tech.
you on hitbox ?

Suntan Superman

Never outshine the Master
Thanks! Really helps... Btw, what are the opponents options against this. I was testing it right now and Arrow was able to D1 Grodd out of the air, but I'm not sure if I timed it right.
if forgot the mention that when you do dd1,1 after the blast and while you're still in the air input the leap.

Belial

Noob
yeah lol despite I posted that numerous times a lot of ppl still dont realize you can cancel some trait moves into other moves.
For vortex to work you need to special cancel float 1 into leap. nobody can AA that, only bd

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Some can AA. Backdash is another option they have but you will capture the backdash if you do a regular leap into a ji2.
if forgot the mention that when you do dd1,1 after the blast and while you're still in the air input the leap.
Thanx... Appreciate this.. I'm going to see how much time I put into him. I really like special kancel type characters.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
So I'm convinced Grodd is pretty low on the tier list, but I absolutely do not care. Dude is SO much fun to play and after a few days I'm addicted! I'm having a blast practicing SC combos and leap combos. I hope the Society is still accepting members, lol.

Just wondering if you guys seen omegak's set against the dude that was using batman can't remember his name how was he d2 omegak out of SC aren't they plus on block ?

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Just wondering if you guys seen omegak's set against the dude that was using batman can't remember his name how was he d2 omegak out of SC aren't they plus on block ?
It depends on which cancel you use. Some strings are positive and some are just safe, provided you do them perfectly. But no I did not see that set. There is a thread listing how safe the strings are under the Grodd topic.