What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
I didn't know ur playing grodd btw I'd be interested to see what that looks like. I mained him at launch and haven't played him in a long time but, as I remember this tool to be great as you are saying. I remember struggling to have a good follow up to the max range "gimme banana". What are you doing after this to keep up pressure?
Main problem I had while playing grodd was getting in and staying in without the opponent making huge mistakes.
i ussually do more gimme a banana cuz its my favorite move in the game. and what i said before ^^^^^

When do you guys use stampede cancels because i never really get the chance to use them because 112 has bad range and 22 is very slow any tips would help

Skedar70

Noob
22,1+3mb,b2~db1b,j3,d2,b2
I'm have trouble landing the d2 consistently
You can add one additional b2~db1b to your combo for more damage in this case. 22,1+3mb,b2~db1b,b2~db1b, j3,d2,b2.

The d2 thing is just a matter of practice. Its not that hard to do just practice and you will get the hang of it. Maybe try a deep j3 immediately follow with the d2.

Skedar70

Noob
When do you guys use stampede cancels because i never really get the chance to use them because 112 has bad range and 22 is very slow any tips would help
Go for your stampede pressure after the last ji2 of a restand combo, The opponent is in enough hit stun for you to start your pressure. You can go for cancel pressure, throws, overhead, low etc.

Getting in and staying in are what the stampede cancels are for. It's safe pressure if you're opponent doesn't expose the gaps.
And if they don't punish your stampede cancel when you mess up. People honestly just don't know how unsafe his stampede is when blocked. For this reason they should make the cancel less tight.....my damn thumb is going to fall off. I feel the cancels are a big deal for his game. Why wont NRS listen :(

Last edited:
Go for your stampede pressure after the last ji2 of a restand combo, The opponent is in enough hit stun for you to start your pressure. You can go for cancel pressure, throws, overhead, low etc.
Thanks for replying but just wondering do you hit confirm 22 into 1+3 or just do stampede cancels because i find impossible to react to the 22 hitting because of how fast you need to input 22 into stampede

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Thanks for replying but just wondering do you hit confirm 22 into 1+3 or just do stampede cancels because i find impossible to react to the 22 hitting because of how fast you need to input 22 into stampede
You should practice hitconfirming 22 into 1+2 mb or db2 mb if you've got trait, you'll miss out on a lot of damage otherwise. Without meter it's whatever.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
You can add one additional b2~db1b to your combo for more damage in this case. 22,1+3mb,b2~db1b,b2~db1b, j3,d2,b2.

The d2 thing is just a matter of practice. Its not that hard to do just practice and you will get the hang of it. Maybe try a deep j3 immediately follow with the d2.
Thx man

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Man I feel bad for grodd mains. He's literally the only character in the game that:

Has 0 far reaching advancing normals

0 mixups

0 plus frames

No projectile

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Man I feel bad for grodd mains. He's literally the only character in the game that:

Has 0 far reaching advancing normals

0 mixups

0 plus frames

No projectile
He has mixups in the form of his burst vortex and plus frames from stampede cancels and MB trait ground pound. No projectile is a fair trade off for projectile immunity and although he doesn't have advancing normals s2, d1, b2, s1, d2 and df3 are all good buttons with decent range. It's all good.

Skedar70

Noob
He has mixups in the form of his burst vortex and plus frames from stampede cancels and MB trait ground pound. No projectile is a fair trade off for projectile immunity and although he doesn't have advancing normals s2, d1, b2, s1, d2 and df3 are all good buttons with decent range. It's all good.
He does have a projectile MB dd2. When the opponent is at chip damage it gets them all the time because they never expect it.

Skedar70

Noob
I am having an issue with a reset sequence and I think is a bug or some input issue.

Lets say I do this combo:

D1, wall bounce interactible, B3, D2 trait, b2 leap 2, b2, psionic blast

After this I go for a crossup leap reset into 22 1+2 b2 leap jip2, at this point comes another b2 but for some strange reason it isn't coming out.

I can do this combo fine if I do it by itself but for some reason the game isn't allowing me to do it after a psionic blast cross up reset.

Can someone try the sequence and confirm if this is a real issue. Its a combo reset so I should be able to do the whole thing.

Edit: Ok So the issue is actually happening everytime I do a cross up leap hit. For some reason I can't do a second b2 in the combo. It doesn't seem to come out.

Skedar70

Noob
Ok Now I am almost certain of this

The condition that prevents us from infinitely looping b2 into crossup leap into b2 again is triggering after just one crossup. So if you land a raw crossup leap it wont allow us to combo like we usually do.

This is a big bug for grodd. Someone please verify.