What's new

German MK official site accidentally confirms Jax

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Jax wasn't picked instead of those characters, because Jax is auto-include.

If anyone was picked "over" Ermac, Rain, Fujin, Smoke, and Nightwolf, its Baraka, Jade, Kabal, Skarlet, Frost, Erron Black, Noob, and Jacqui. None of which are auto-include, all of which could have sat this game out to make room for the characters you want.
He was though because those characters are classics too man, my point is they picked him over the ones I mentioned who are arguably WAY more popular. Let's be real here.

Jade, Kabal, Noob and Baraka I get they're classics who were skipped the last game but a lot of people want those I listed as well. Most definitely more so than someone like Jax. I feel the same way about Sonya and Cassie, we have Cassie who's new, cool, better personality yet keep throwing Sonya and Jax at us. Just saying some classic characters are more demanded than others.

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Oh look, grandpa pure.Wasted tries to make us hate the actual COOL characters instead of boring humans.

I will never think as you do. I love my fantasy hobbies, if I want boring army I would play games like battlefield 3.
I'm not telling you who to like or not like. That would be silly.

I'm telling you what MK is as a franchise, because you don't seem to understand. You keep setting yourself up for disappointment by thinking that past rosters are just a fluke, and aaany day now they'll fluke into a roster where you'll love every single character. That day will never come. These rosters are not an accident. Special Forces and Black Dragon are a fundamental part of the Mortal Kombat aesthetic whether you like it or not.

Youre perfectly welcome to not like it. But please spare the rest of us the irritation of watching you get your hopes up just to see them inevitably, predictably dashed.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
He's not trying to make you hate anyone lol, he's just stating (correctly) that the mainstay characters like Jax, Sonya, and Cage were never going to sit out, which means your faves were never competing with them to begin with.

It's like me saying Tanya isn't in the game because Kabal is. That's goofy. The female characters are almost certainly competing for the same limited slots. The same is true of non-essential fan favorites in general.
You might aswell try reasoning with a rock. Let it go

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I don't care who replaced whomever, I just like to say, that me (and probably others) just cringe at the thought that those guys actually made that roster and thought it was a good idea to take Jax (who was retired in the previous game) over Ermac, Reptile, Rain, Mileena, Tanya, Sindel whomever, fuck, even Sheeva.

Gives his daughter time to grow UP please.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
And Mileena.
yeah .... I know Mileena sat out in a MK game in the past, but cannot imagine for the new games series reboot (MK9, MKX and MK11) seeing Mrs. Crazy Bitch being out of sight and doesn't taking part of MK11 .... shame NRS, shame, if you let Mileena out of this party .... :oops:

D

Deleted member 59910

Continually amazed by people who want characters like Sonya, Jax, or Cage to sit out lol. These are the main characters of the franchise!

Excited to see what they've done with him this time, especially since Jacqui has some of the stuff we'd consider classic to him (like the Superman punch).

It's hundreds of people across multiple countries -- only like four people have made mistakes. It happens.
I totally agree with you. Every time MK franchise ignores 90’s players something really bad happens. The OGs are the soul of mk.

aj1701

Noob
yeah .... I know Mileena sat out in a MK game in the past, but cannot imagine for the new games series reboot (MK9, MKX and MK11) seeing Mrs. Crazy Bitch being out of sight and doesn't taking part of MK11 .... shame NRS, shame, if you let Mileena out of this party .... :oops:
I agree; I think Kitana, Jade and Mileena should/are part of the auto-include list, which really should be everyone in MK1/2, and probably MK3 as well.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm not a fan of Jax and never have been but I'm happy for the fans of those metal arms.
Jacqui Briggs was amazing to me and that's saying something since I despised her entire design on MkX raptor arms and all. Here's hoping he is as interesting as his daughter.

Hope isn't lost for me cuz we still have 5 or so characters for base assuming it's 25 and 9 or so assuming it's 29 like the MK website suggests. This isn't even counting at least 6 DLC returning characters. Plenty of room for Smoke, Cyrax(I doubt it but hope), Reptile, Mileena, Fujin, Rain ect.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Weird things I've noticed about people fussing about the roster:

1. No one ever mentions that they want Baraka to sit out, but instead want Sonya, Cassie, Jax, or Jacqui to sit out.

2. No one, and I mean NO ONE, I've seen so far has requested that they want Ermac back lol.

3. Reptile is surprisingly requested very little.

4. These newcomers are being welcomed with open arms.

5. Rain and Sindel end up being the two most requested that are missing from this roster.

I personally couldn't be happier with the roster.
Baraka, Rain, and Sindel being teased as NPCs in MKX made people really want to see them in MK11.

Ermac and Reptile have both become considerably less popular since they went from palette swap ninjas to more original designs, which is a bummer since they're both much more interesting now.

We haven't seen the newcomers in play yet beyond Geras, who I saw a lot of people whining about.

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm just gonna leave this here:

mk2
Kano and Sonya dropped

mk3
Sonya and Kano return
Scorpion, Reptile, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Kitana, Mileena dropped

umk3
Scorpion, Reptile, Kitana and Mileena return

mk4
Raiden and Johnny return
All ninjas (male/female/cyber) except Scorp / Sub / Reptile, Kung Lao, Shang Tsung, Kabal, Kano, Sindel, Stryker, Sheeva, and Nightwolf dropped

mkg
Mileena, Cyrax, Sektor, Kitana, Kung Lao and Noob return

mkda
Kano returns
Liu Kang, Shinnok, Mileena, Noob and Sektor dropped

mkde
Baraka, Jade, Mileena, Ermac, Liu Kang, Nightwolf, Sindel, Tanya and Kabal return.
Johnny, Kung Lao, Sonya, Jax, Shang Tsung, Reptile, Hsu Hao, Cyrax all dropped

mk9
Everyone born post MK3 dropped except Quan Chi, also Rain dropped.
Kenshi and Rain return via dlc

MKX
Goro and Shinnok return
Baraka, Rain, Jade, Kabal, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Cyrax, Sektor, Noob, Sheeva, Stryker, Skarlet, and Nightwolf all dropped
Tanya, Bo Rai Cho and Cyrax / Sektor (sorta) return via dlc.

MK11
Baraka, Skarlet, and Frost return
Ermac, Goro, Kenshi, Kung Jin, Mileena, Quan, Reptile, Takeda, Shinnok, and Bo Rai Cho all dropped.

Last edited:

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Actually, Jax was in vanilla MK4.

I just LOVE that deception thing, they dropped most die-hard characters and added all the cooler more obscure monstrous characters! Too bad the game had such a STUPID newbies (spare for Havik) otherwise it would have been perfect!

Imagen Kotal, D'Vorah, Erron Black, Havik, Cetrion and Kollector being the newbies in MKDeception instead of the stupid ones.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Excited to see what he's like. Jacqui has his dash punch and something similar to the gotcha grab, so I wonder if this means Jax won't really have those things or they will be really different? I hope he's based off of Heavy Weapons from MKX.

smaddy

I'm your huckleberry

mk2
Kano and Sonya dropped

mk3
Sonya and Kano return

umk3

mk4
Raiden and Johnny return
All ninjas (male/female/cyber) except Scorp / Sub / Reptile, Jax, Kung Lao, Shang Tsung, Kabal, Kano, Sindel, Stryker, Sheeva, and Nightwolf dropped

mkg
Mileena, Cyrax, Sektor, Kitana, Jax, Kung Lao and Noob return

mkda
Kano returns

mkde
Baraka, Jade, Mileena, Ermac, Liu Kang, Nightwolf, Sindel, Tanya and Kabal return.

mk9

MKX
Goro and Shinnok return
Baraka, Rain, Jade, Kabal, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Cyrax, Sektor, Noob, Sheeva, Stryker, Skarlet, and Nightwolf all dropped

MK11
Ermac, Goro, Kenshi, Kung Jin, Mileena, Quan, Reptile, Takeda, Shinnok, and Bo Rai Cho all dropped.
Jax was in MK4 actually.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Actually, Jax was in vanilla MK4.

I just LOVE that deception thing, they dropped most die-hard characters and added all the cooler more obscure monstrous characters! Too bad the game had such a STUPID newbies (spare for Havik) otherwise it would have been perfect!

Imagen Kotal, D'Vorah, Erron Black, Havik, Cetrion and Kollector being the newbies in MKDeception instead of the stupid ones.
They would have sucked ass for the same reason Havik sucked ass. Midway was rushing MK games out at that time. Kotal, D'Vorah and the others would have been just as boring, generic fireball throwing characters. Erron would shoot a flaming triangle out of his leg just like Dairou

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Don't forget about MKT eh? Depending on the version everyone was in that game, for PS however they included even MK 1 and MK 2 versions of certain characters as well.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Cautiously optimistic for Jax. Loved everything about his design in MK9, thought he was kinda bland in X, but if current trends continue he'll be awesome again in 11.

Holding out for full-on pro wrestler Jax tho. I want my man hitting package piledrivers on this whole damn roster.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!

mk2
Kano and Sonya dropped

mk3
Sonya and Kano return

umk3

mk4
Raiden and Johnny return
All ninjas (male/female/cyber) except Scorp / Sub / Reptile, Kung Lao, Shang Tsung, Kabal, Kano, Sindel, Stryker, Sheeva, and Nightwolf dropped

mkg
Mileena, Cyrax, Sektor, Kitana, Kung Lao and Noob return

mkda
Kano returns

mkde

mk9

MKX
Goro and Shinnok return

MK11
I get what you're saying here, but if you look at this chart I made:

https://privatereferencecg.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_playable_Mortal_Kombat_kharacters

you'll see that the MK1/MK2 cast is pretty consistent across every iteration of the series. (3 here includes UMK3/T and 4 here includes Gold, as they're basically patches/updates of the same game.)