What's new

German MK official site accidentally confirms Jax

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
An error on the German Mortal Kombat website might have revealed another member of the Briggs family, at least in a somewhat official capacity.

Not that we needed confirmation cause the leak is what it is but still. Jacqui's bio here on the german site is actually Jax's bio, someone screwed up.

https://mortalkombat.com/de-DE/roster/jacqui-briggs

Cyber-Officer der Special Forces. Jax Briggs verlor bei der Ausübung seiner Pflicht beide Arme, kehrte jedoch dank kybernetischer Aufrüstungen zweimal auf das Schlachtfeld zurück. Doch trotz dieser Macht sind seine Opfer eine Bürde. Er setzt seinen ehrenhaften Kampf weiter fort, um das Erdenreich zu beschützen."

Using google translate:

Cyber officer of the Special Forces. Jax Briggs lost both arms in the pursuit of his duty, but returned to the battlefield twice thanks to cybernetic upgrades. But despite this power his victims are a burden. He continues his honorable fight to protect the Earth.

*edited and promoted by HellblazerHawkman

Last edited by a moderator:

Kratilim

Noob
I really wonder what they'll do with his gameplay. Go full grappler/wrestler perhaps? If they do, it would be nice to see him get some more complexity in the throws, have some different followups etc.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
1. I'm always fascinated by how good the Google Translator has gotten over the years.

2. Still no physical copy of the Premium Edition for Germans.

3. Jax. Eh. But then again, NRS made me not hate Jacqui Briggs all too much. Let's see what they can do with Jax.

Last edited:

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Big MEH, everything in his story in MKX would result in him being out, but eh, It's Jax, he's always back...

I wouldn't mind it at all... if his daughter and the whole cage family weren't in MK 11 that is.

HIs intros are mostly boring, and I rather had like ALL other MKtrilogy characters in OVER him, spare for Stryker, which I dislike the same at this moment, having already so many gun-users in the game.

Very curious about what they make up to have him in this story now, and if they again spoil an entire chapter on him for some random reasons..

So much cool stuff being shown lately, and then again this news makes me sad (while I already knew it somehow, I just had hope the leaks weren't 100% true)

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Two things to remember before the tears start flowing about Jax being in the game:

1 - All the old characters are being completely redesigned and are essentially a new character simply with a name and look we are familiar with.

2 - Aside from the stupid characters that 3 people care about on the planet (Ashrah, Shujinko and all the other shitty 3D characters people are asking for), it's likely that the character YOU want (Rain, Fujin etc) will either be a secret unlockable, or at the very least, DLC.

By the end of the 2nd round of DLC, this will be the best roster in MK history.

If y'all noticed they been showing the parents/mentors first before they reveal the kids/students.

Johnny/Sonya then show Cassie

Sub-Zero have not reveal Frost yet

But they showed Jacqui first and have not revealed Jax yet.

Jax gameplay might be outta of this earth to hold him this long. Can't wait.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
im sorry do you have metal arms?

cause that's pretty fucking special
Yeah right, in a world with cyborgs, monsters and gods, metal arms are ANYTHING but special.

I liked jax in MK3, then he became less and less cool and his arms became more like plastic-arm toys.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I think we all expect to see Jax in the main roster. This game has to appeal to casual fans as well as us lot, so it makes sense to keep the big iconic kharacters in MK11. Also, with a time twisting storyline, the klassics need to be there.