What's new

General discussion Tech/Strategy/Questions

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
lets put this into perspective. In a Vortex combo you can back dash then B+2 to make B+2 safe on blocked. For example, F+2,1 xx Teleport, jip, back dash xx B+2. Also, keep in mind that B+2 is -25 on block. However, the most important thing here is the distance. Back dash xx B+2 leaves you at about max sweep distance. D+4 can hit from max sweep distance and EX Spear is -27 on block. In conclusion, I dont think its completely safe (Reptile's dash, Raiden's superman, etc can punish but good reaction time is still required), but it is relatively safe to use on most characters.

SIDE NOTE: D+4 xx EX Spear works best when you interrupt an opponent while they're attacking.

EDIT: If you D+4 xx EX Spear close you will end up at max sweep distance. If you D+4 xx EX Spear at D+4's max range you will end up outside of sweep distance when its blocked
Max range back 2 can be punished by a full combo from characters with fast normals and dashes. Same thing for EX spear.

Max range back 2 can be punished by a full combo from characters with fast normals and dashes. Same thing for EX spear.
Still have to factor in reaction time Scoot. I was playing Rodney Quillz' Cage last night and he couldn't punish the back 2 with F+3. Although, he did punish it once :)

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Still have to factor in reaction time Scoot. I was playing Rodney Quillz' Cage last night and he couldn't punish the back 2 with F+3. Although, he did punish it once :)
Really the block stun on the move is pretty long and gives you a pretty good amount of time to react. All the guys I play against do it consistently.

i was about to say, no online player can tell me what works and what doesn't lol. Where do u live? and what tournies/ locals have u entered?
I live in Philly. I work nights at the post office and I go to school in the afternoon. I was going to enter Winter Brawl because why not? It was so close but I had classes and then work. So many players that I want to play were there Brady, Art, Chris G. How about you?

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
guys how about we just pull out our dicks and measure them to see who wins? you know, settle this like men. have you really dropped to HURR DURR I WENT 2 DA TURNIES N U DIDNT

I live in Philly. I work nights at the post office and I go to school in the afternoon. I was going to enter Winter Brawl because why not? It was so close but I had classes and then work. So many players that I want to play were there Brady, Art, Chris G. How about you?
cool, I live in Vegas and the tournies i entered are evo, scr, and egp arkade kombat. I got top 32 at evo, 9th at scr, and i won egp arkade kombat. Next tourny I'm going to is the Egp redemption tournament march 10th.

cool, I live in Vegas and the tournies i entered are evo, scr, and egp arkade kombat. I got top 32 at evo, 9th at scr, and i won egp arkade kombat. Next tourny I'm going to is the Egp redemption tournament march 10th.
Your lucky! Wasn't EVO in Vegas?

Instead of burning meter with :ex takedown after a blocked special, then in true scorpion player style, wouldn't it be better for scorpion do an :ex spear and get a full combo out of it?
tbh, the best time to use the ex spear is when your playing a char like liu kang who has a good projectile. You could use the ex spear to go through the projectile than punish them with a vortex combo. Up close the ex spear can be used, but I wouldn't do that, that's just me. If it works for other scorpions than i guess it works for them, I've tested it out vs my bro( Denzell aka DJT) and it hasn't worked that well because it is very punishable up close. I'd use it to get through a projectile, more safer and from a distance the ex spear isn't punishable by most chars.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It depends on player habit and hit box but both work well and help to condition the other player.
My standard punish for scorpions take down with Characters that have slow normals, is a grab, as the less ignorant scorpion players will block after a safe take down and not get greedy, So maybe I thought it was a good idea because that would be the sort of thing that would work on me :(

Infact, it wouldn't work on my KL or Kang, thats it.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I sure wouldn't do the teleport, the opponent can just uppercut you and you're back to square one(except Shang and Kratos). I would stick to takedown, but don't be too reliant on it; it doesn't set up pressure.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
With the exception of his Takedown, Scorpion's Wake-Ups are among the most unsafe. I would not trust them with my life. And as another user correctly pointed out, the use of Wake-Ups tends to be a situational 50/50 where you either surprise them or they bait it out and punish. I'd heavily limit your use of Scorpion's Wake-Ups.

Quick Recover then Up2.

Oops! Sorry, i was thinking of MK vs DC.

Still trying to figure out why QR was taken out of the game :( I know it fucked online up cuz you couldn't see your character get up or whatever, but that didn't happen in the other 3D MKs. Sigh....

As mentioned, there are no real wakeup options. I wish every character had a run button. I'd be waking up with that. Skarlet style.