What's new

General discussion Tech/Strategy/Questions

This was known since the release of the last patch when the slide was buffed. Unfortunately it's not a very effective tactic. It works but why isn't it effective? Scorpion is meter dependent, so his meter should be saved for more rewarding things like (EX) Teleport and (EX) Spear.
no offense, but ex tele not a better wakeup than ex slide. It can be easily ducked and poked or uppercutted. the ex spear isn't that great unless someone ducks alot or if some1 is being too aggressive, besides that it isn't that great.

Denzell this is not good to do as scorpion should be saving his meter for his more riskier endeavors. With him being meter dependent he needs it for better options, and better damage use this to end a match if you feel they wont jump but otherwise there are better options for you
So if this is bad, than what would you suggest as a wakeup for scorp? because the tele is a terrible wakeup and the ex spear is very unsafe. The takedown was made safe so scorp would have a good wakeup, using this can get people to be worried about an ex takedown after a blocked normal takedown, resulting in you having a way better chance of keeping ppl away from you.

very misleading thread title. here i was expecting an in depth analysis of how and why scorpions moves are all better than strykers but instead i got a sentence about one move that isnt remotely similar except for its ex string property

two thumbs down, 1/10 half eaten potatoes, told the teacher and called the cops.
Very misleading? lol this is funny to me.

He's talking about the move in terms of pressuring your opponent not your opponent pressuring you. This tactic sucks IMO. after a landed takedown you should hellfire to condition your opponent to jump. Then when you land another takedown you can effectively anti-air. After a blocked takedown you can D+1 your way out of most situations. All characters can be jailed into EX Spear with D+4 xx EX Spear. EX Spear should be used to negate jump ins and projectiles. In character specific situations you just need to know whats coming next. For example, Vs Kung Lao if you block 2,4 most likely a Low Hat will be the follow up so you can counter with EX Spear. Another example is J.Cage frame traps after he pokes most likely F+3 is the follow up so you blast him with EX Spear.
also d4 to ex spear doesn't work unfortunately. it's a high hit and it can be low blocked.

also d4 to ex spear doesn't work unfortunately. it's a high hit and it can be low blocked.
D+4 xx EX Spear jails the opponent in so they have to block it. Also, it can't be ducked so if they don't block they will eat a full combo. I don't think you fully understand what I mean.

D+4 xx EX Spear jails the opponent in so they have to block it. Also, it can't be ducked so if they don't block they will eat a full combo. I don't think you fully understand what I mean.
blocked ex spear is punishable lol I recommend not using that. Low block beats d4 ex spear, leading to a full punish for the opponent. Go to training mode and make cpu duck and block, the d4 ex spear won't do nothing but get blocked, on a real person a blocked ex spear up close very punishable.

lets put this into perspective. In a Vortex combo you can back dash then B+2 to make B+2 safe on blocked. For example, F+2,1 xx Teleport, jip, back dash xx B+2. Also, keep in mind that B+2 is -25 on block. However, the most important thing here is the distance. Back dash xx B+2 leaves you at about max sweep distance. D+4 can hit from max sweep distance and EX Spear is -27 on block. In conclusion, I dont think its completely safe (Reptile's dash, Raiden's superman, etc can punish but good reaction time is still required), but it is relatively safe to use on most characters.

SIDE NOTE: D+4 xx EX Spear works best when you interrupt an opponent while they're attacking.

EDIT: If you D+4 xx EX Spear close you will end up at max sweep distance. If you D+4 xx EX Spear at D+4's max range you will end up outside of sweep distance when its blocked

no offense, but ex tele not a better wakeup than ex slide. It can be easily ducked and poked or uppercutted. the ex spear isn't that great unless someone ducks alot or if some1 is being too aggressive, besides that it isn't that great.
It seems to me that your not that good at the wake-up metagame. You don't always have to use a wake-up attack to gain advantage or escape pressure. For example, some players like to use cross over punches on their opponents wake-up to continue pressure, but this isn't entirely safe. A njp will beat a cross over punch on wake-up 100% of the time, and Scorpion gets HUGE damage from juggle combos. Tech rolling is another great option. If I'm being pressure on wake-up I just tech roll and I'm out of pressure. If your opponent is waiting for a wake-up EX Teleport just tech roll and Hell Fire. There are an abundance of options to choose from.

No matter how you slice it EX Spear and EX Teleport are still better because you gain more if they are successful.

It seems to me that your not that good at the wake-up metagame. You don't always have to use a wake-up attack to gain advantage or escape pressure. For example, some players like to use cross over punches on their opponents wake-up to continue pressure, but this isn't entirely safe. A njp will beat a cross over punch on wake-up 100% of the time, and Scorpion gets HUGE damage from juggle combos. Tech rolling is another great option. If I'm being pressure on wake-up I just tech roll and I'm out of pressure. If your opponent is waiting for a wake-up EX Teleport just tech roll and Hell Fire. There are an abundance of options to choose from.

No matter how you slice it EX Spear and EX Teleport are still better because you gain more if they are successful.
LOL if u think ex tele and spear better wakeups than the takedown, you don't know scorp that well then. I can already tell my scorpion better than yours lol :)

Get on XBL right now and I'll show you what Scorpion is supposed to look like
Online is trash lol, second I play on ps3, third come to a tournament and show off your skills, something I have already done. You can find a video of me winning a tournament and pl know my scorp, idk who knows yours.

Meant to put ppl
EX Teleport, EX Spear, and EX Takdown are all risky wake- ups. However, EX Teleport and EX Spear offer far better rewards then EX Takedown. Thus, making EX Spear and EX Teleport better options.

What top player have you beat? What info have you contributed to these forums?

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Very misleading? lol this is funny to me.
thank you, i am a funny guy, if only we could meet in real life, i would have you in stitches! please like my post so i can level up my ego. other people who found me funny did the same thing. just another day in the life of your friendly neighbourhood comedian.

LOL if u think ex tele and spear better wakeups than the takedown, you don't know scorp that well then. I can already tell my scorpion better than yours lol :)
just to let you know there are a lot of ways to blow up takedown wakeup, if it whiffs youre at great disadvantage, njp a takedown wakeup and you have yourself a full combo punish. takedown can be jumped over, if people do that often you can meet them with the teleport. each move has their pros and cons. if ex tp works in the corner you have around a 50% combo + vortex combo. You dont have to argue which wakeup is better, because the combination of these two moves make scorpions wakeup game work.

PS. Please stop saying you are this and that. this forum is not for you to brag on, we' re all scorpion players trying to discuss scorpion information. I am really glad if more people would come to the scorpion forums to help eachother, but youre just barging in out of nowhere saying a lot of offensive stuff.

Having that said, I saw a few of your matches at scr, and you do have a very good scorpion, no doubt.

just to let you know there are a lot of ways to blow up takedown wakeup, if it whiffs youre at great disadvantage, njp a takedown wakeup and you have yourself a full combo punish. takedown can be jumped over, if people do that often you can meet them with the teleport. each move has their pros and cons. if ex tp works in the corner you have around a 50% combo + vortex combo. You dont have to argue which wakeup is better, because the combination of these two moves make scorpions wakeup game work.

PS. Please stop saying you are this and that. this forum is not for you to brag on, we' re all scorpion players trying to discuss scorpion information. I am really glad if more people would come to the scorpion forums to help eachother, but youre just barging in out of nowhere saying a lot of offensive stuff.

Having that said, I saw a few of your matches at scr, and you do have a very good scorpion, no doubt.
thank you mindgame lol. This guy is obviously not too good at the wake-up metagame. All I want to do is share what I know and play good players :)

thank you mindgame lol. This guy is obviously not too good at the wake-up metagame. All I want to do is share what I know and play good players :)
MITDJT is a good player even though he said some stuff. I hope he will keep coming to the scorpion forums because he will be a great asset to this forum

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
i suggest what @K,O.E_18 said he is very respected member of the scorpion forums btw, sometimes its best to not wake-up at all. I hate using takedown for my wake-up cause it doesn't bring the advantages of my other options. any teleport scorpion lands a free mix-up worth upwards of 42% so obviously even though this is riskier its a more rewarding option, same with ex spear that gives you many options. like vortex, void, vortex into void into vortex you feel me. plus it leaves you in advantageous positions on the screen a takedown in the corner will keep you in the corner an ex tele or even regular tele even if punished will atleast get you out. but its up to you to read you opponent to make those decisions work.

EX Teleport, EX Spear, and EX Takdown are all risky wake- ups. However, EX Teleport and EX Spear offer far better rewards then EX Takedown. Thus, making EX Spear and EX Teleport better options.

What top player have you beat? What info have you contributed to these forums?
Top players have i beat, I've beat Denzell and he's my bro, tyrant, xblades, etc. Unsafe moves will get u blown up offline, it's that simple.

Having that said, I saw a few of your matches at scr, and you do have a very good scorpion, no doubt.[/quote. That's just how I am, I'm the kind of guy who doesn't just talk, I actually do. But besides that thnx for the compliment, u can also watch the egp arkade kombat stream to see my scorpion also.

My fault replied wrong, but I was just saying it may seem like i talk alot of trash, but I back it up without a doubt. Only reason i talk is because I'm a stand up guy and never let someone just step on me or tell me they know something better than I do. Also, I don't always wakeup with scorpion, I'll block also so I don't get punished. I use the takedown for ppl who don't jump alot, those ppl being the top lvl players. Anyways, thanks for the compliment :), u can see some more videos of my scorp on this link: twitch.tv/epicgp.

thank you, i am a funny guy, if only we could meet in real life, i would have you in stitches! please like my post so i can level up my ego. other people who found me funny did the same thing. just another day in the life of your friendly neighbourhood comedian.
Have me in stiches? LOL you are too funny man.