What's new

General discussion Tech/Strategy/Questions

I saw your brother using d4 into 22 multiple times on you. you blocked the d4, so you should have been able to use ex spear to blow up the 22 right? I wouldve at least poked him back with a d1. I havent seen all those matches but thats what came first in my mind when I saw your match against your brother.
I did poke him sometimes but I didn't do it as much biz I thought he would use d4 to ice cone. And yeah the ex spear blows up 2 2. Thnx for the info.

MIT is right. I just don't think he's making his point clear. When your accounting the most common ways people approach you while your knocked down (attack, block, cross over jump) ex takedown is your safest bet. In order for them to punish this wake-up attack they have to use a very specific punish. (Neutral jump, jump back)

Ex tele is ok but there are plenty of ways your opponent can keep pressure on you while still being able to punish it if they see it come out. Same with ex spear.
thnx for the clear up, that is why I use takedowns way more than teles and ex spears bcuz u have to punish takedowns in a specific way. Also if u know they are trying to punish your takedown than that's a free ex tele for you.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Also if u know they are trying to punish your takedown than that's a free ex tele for you.
If I were to jump back in anticipation of a takedown, and you used an EX tele, I can still jump punch you out of that and follow up with a D1~??? (SB for Smoke). I mean, not many people do that, but just throwing that out there.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
AA 2 dash into attack~teleport might be a really good option I've overlooked...2's hit box does extend the highest of all the normals after all...

I did poke him sometimes but I didn't do it as much biz I thought he would use d4 to ice cone. And yeah the ex spear blows up 2 2. Thnx for the info.
I dont know if it actually works, but if he tries d4 in that setup, cant you walk back and try to whiff punish it with b2? its al theory right now though, im gonna try this out.

I was watching a match between 16bit and Slips and at the beginning of the match I saw slips teleport directly onto his feet really close to the opponent and it seemed like he timed something perfectly. It sounds really simple but it is a similar idea of a raiden style teleport but it seems really hard to pull of. Anyone have any idea what it was?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
It's a just frame window to land his instant air teleport. The first frame after his feet leave the ground(or before they hit the ground) it's basically the holy grail of his pressure. You get to get in for free without meter. It's a beautiful thing.....when you don't fuck it up lol
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
requires much practice at the least,very hard to learn but if you do learn it it becomes easy.

i love it when i try to get it offline and i do once every 7-8 tries but manage to save my ass with it online.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I don't know where to begin. Do I just do the tp command the instant I jump?
I started by doing on the way down, def the easiest.way, but you can see that coming. It just takes practice. You're basically putting the jump and tele as one fast-as-fuck command(this is what I do). Not sure if there is a way to abuse negative edge to make the input any easier. Hmmm

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I noticed that online people are really not used to scorpion pressure or pressure from anyone other than johnny cage really. When ever I go in with scorpion and i'm not vortex crazy and instead build my meter up with super fast 1,1 repeat, grab, or f4 into vortex, etc my oppenent is really caught off guard. it seems even some "high level" online players dont know what to do with pressure. Generally if they thing fast they can just uppercut me XD! Also, EX teleport is Jesus.

Here is the strategy that works against most scrubby scorpions: sit back and block teleports all day into full combo punishes. Most guys crumble once their teleport gets taken away. So I tend to get taken a but by surprise when somebody starts showing skill with scorpion and then I adjust.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
In my experience if you take away their JIP or fireballs/teleports people don't really know what to do online.