What's new

Game is Unplayable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a joke? How do you think this plays anything like injustice lol for fucks sake. People d2 mash in any MK game. Less people are in the rooms because of Kombat League and just normal matchmaking. I used to go to rooms all the time and I don’t anymore, last time I was on there was 100 in a room. The micro transactions if understood correctly should not be anything that incites butthurt anymore. Dawg if you don’t like the game give it to someone that will try and not point out every personal hatred with it and actually just play the damn game. Very obviously this is my opinion but I think your gripes are pretty dumb.
You're defending microtransactions and calling my post dumb. It's textbook fanboyism. People didn't D2 nearly as much as they do in this game, and it's worse with crushing blows. Every match it's neutral ducking followed by an uppercut. Nobody is/was in the rooms, and this was before the kombat league was ready. It doesn't matter what flashy exp meters they add to your kombat card, it's just a ranked set like before. Oh, and they dumbed that down to 'first to 2' instead of 'first to 3'. That way bad players can get luckier and have a better chance at winning. Like actual combat sports, the fight gets better after both guys feel each other out for a few minutes (matches in this case).
I bought the game with my money so I want to get my money's worth, and I'll criticize the game as I see fit. You should be glad the mods here allow us to actually argue with each other to make the game better. Unlike Halo Waypoint where you get banned for a week for calling somebody a moron.
I never said I didn't like the game either.

seanpon

Noob
NRS is taking too long with their balance patch. One right after Combo breaker would have been perfect. Were not even asking for any big changes or ground breaking meta shifts. Just nerf the top tier, the characters that play a completely different game than MK11. Like scorpion, erron, geras, cassie, etc... They could have easily fixed Erron's fatal blow by now but they seem just to be waiting... Its pretty obvious that the people who think this game is "balanced" or fine as is, are the people playing a very strong top tier.

I keep seeing articles online about how MK11 is the "best selling" in the series. I'm on right now, and the highest ammount of players in a room is 9. Seriously? In MkX, there were always 90 players in the Black Dragon room until late at night 2 years after release. I've also been matching up with the same few players in ranked sets for the past few weeks too. This game may "sell good", but it has absolutely horrid player retention.
I've noticed the same. Being on Xbox the numbers were always lower than PS, but it would always vary between 10-50. Now you're lucky to find 10 in a room at peak times. Sure the KL may have enticed a few players into ranked, but even before that the numbers were tiny compared to MKX.

Seeing as this is the time when the numbers should be peaking, the only thing i can put it down to is people wasting their time on the ToT instead of going online.

With microtransactions, unbalanced characters, cheap fatal blows, D2 mashers, etc, this game won't last nearly as long as its predecessor. People wanted an MK game, but we got Injustice 3.
Sure there's some shortcomings in the game, but as to what is causing the seemingly low number of online players, i don't think you can pinpoint to any of those things directly.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
But to weigh in on this. The balance on this is way better at launch than any other NRS game ever. (Not saying much cuz most of the balance was garbo af) Some of the fucking idiots asking for a balance patch constantly are idiots who didn't experience the patch hell that was MKX where there were 94928482 patches in the first two months alone. The gap between top and bottom tier honestly isn't that big. Fatal blows are fine for the most part since most are like so god damn minus it's not even funny and armor isn't even the problem when u have plenty of ways to meaty that shit. Of course some are like pretty dumb like EBs or Kabal's. Far from unplayable and u hv more than sufficient defensive options

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
main reason at certain spacing I miss aa’s in this game is due to the fact that when at a certain range my first reaction to opponents movement is hitting block. Which then means I can’t aa as he’s already in the air by the time block recovery is gone from just tapping it, it’s too late. This isn’t an issue in sfv and means shoryuken is always available.
That shouldn’t be a problem. Jumps are fairly slow and you definitely have time to let go of block and s1, etc.

It’s likely just online issues that are preventing you from doing it, as you can unblock and attack pretty instantly in this game.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
NRS is taking too long with their balance patch. One right after Combo breaker would have been perfect. Were not even asking for any big changes or ground breaking meta shifts. Just nerf the top tier, the characters that play a completely different game than MK11. Like scorpion, erron, geras, cassie, etc... They could have easily fixed Erron's fatal blow by now but they seem just to be waiting... Its pretty obvious that the people who think this game is "balanced" or fine as is, are the people playing a very strong top tier.
Nobody is going to drop a major rebalance a month after the game comes out. After EVO is far more realistic.

I though D2 was the universal antiair option according to you? I thought antiair options were supposed to actually antiair? Oh the universal antiair option is the wrong button now, I get it.... lol. Why dont you post a clip of Ryu dp losing to a raw jump in and then we’ll talk about antiairs ok? Find me that clip after watching a sf stream for literally 10 seconds.
You know DP has invincible frames on startup? Any Ryu player worth his salt is also DPing from crouch as well.

SF anti air is a bad comparison.

Lets be honest the guessing in mk games was always annoying.
The fact is like the the jump from sf4 to sf5 and mkx to mk11 publishers are to much putting their gsmes out with the we need to take the casuals or new ones in consideration.
Dont get me wrong i realy love mk11 as frustrating as it canbe at times but i think the days for exceptionsly good games are over. Its the same for every genre, mobas, mmos, fighting games there is no real skill involved anymore or at least way less then there used to be, hell its the grneration nowadays, i am 35 years old and when i was in my twentys games were the real deal. Conenctration, practice getting good and so on, nowadays its so luck and guessbased.
Had a match today against a sonya who whopped my ass so i switched to cetrion and just spammed the shit ouz of her zoning tools, 1 round flawless, ond round sitzing at 80% life, best id got party invited and called mofo, bad player, trash ass garbage player and so on was kinda funny lol
To the new generation of players you’re garbage lmao. I’m 26 and I tend to favor keep away/ turtle characters. I get all types of crap in my inbox about how I don’t even fight or I block too much lmao. It’s all about dat mix!

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
How does Cassie play a different game? She plays the game the way it should be played, she's just better at it than most of the roster.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I keep seeing articles online about how MK11 is the "best selling" in the series. I'm on right now, and the highest ammount of players in a room is 9. Seriously? In MkX, there were always 90 players in the Black Dragon room until late at night 2 years after release. I've also been matching up with the same few players in ranked sets for the past few weeks too. This game may "sell good", but it has absolutely horrid player retention. With microtransactions, unbalanced characters, cheap fatal blows, D2 mashers, etc, this game won't last nearly as long as its predecessor. People wanted an MK game, but we got Injustice 3.
You know why other game sold a lot of copies? RDR2. And it's always the same few guys playing PvP. Overrated trash.
Could you tell me what Microtransactions they are taking advantage of? Cause unless you are having a hard time inputting fatalities I havent found anything I can buy. I'm really excited for your response

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
lol as if I need to sound smart....any smart comment made here goes way over everyones' head. I've never seen people get so defensive over a video game to the point they'll collectively attack people lol. Rest assure if we were having this debate in real life your smart ass wannabe-tough guy comments would only exist in your mind.

You call it a made up term while acknowledging the fact that it exists. Its not isolated to starcraft, its related to every type of combat (video games and reality) throughout human history.

Make up your mind fanboy.
id Love to have you come on to my youtube podcast and discuss these terms with you. Would you be ok with that? Id love to hear your side of the story from people that play this game seriously everyday

seanpon

Noob
But to weigh in on this. The balance on this is way better at launch than any other NRS game ever. (Not saying much cuz most of the balance was garbo af) Some of the fucking idiots asking for a balance patch constantly are idiots who didn't experience the patch hell that was MKX where there were 94928482 patches in the first two months alone. The gap between top and bottom tier honestly isn't that big. Fatal blows are fine for the most part since most are like so god damn minus it's not even funny and armor isn't even the problem when u have plenty of ways to meaty that shit. Of course some are like pretty dumb like EBs or Kabal's. Far from unplayable and u hv more than sufficient defensive options
"Fatal blows are fine for the most part..." hmmm.... this is coming from the guy with Jax in his profile pic. I think that proves a lot righ there... And no fatal blows are not fine. The fact that even when you block fatal blows from characters like kabal they put him far back, making it much harder to get your optimal punish. Blocking a fatal blow should net you a full BnB punish with any character. No ones asking for big balance changes, just a minor one to tone down the top tier... you know the characters thats making people hate this game like scorpion or erron.

"The gap between top and bottom tier isn't that big"
Tell that to people who play kotal or kano or other characters with gimped out designs

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
"Fatal blows are fine for the most part..." hmmm.... this is coming from the guy with Jax in his profile pic. I think that proves a lot righ there... And no fatal blows are not fine. The fact that even when you block fatal blows from characters like kabal they put him far back, making it much harder to get your optimal punish. Blocking a fatal blow should net you a full BnB punish with any character. No ones asking for big balance changes, just a minor one to tone down the top tier... you know the characters thats making people hate this game like scorpion or erron.

"The gap between top and bottom tier isn't that big"
Tell that to people who play kotal or kano or other characters with gimped out designs
I literally said there are some fatal blows that needed adjusting like Kabal's or EB for example. Learn to fucking read and for the most part means not all of them. Like dude dash cancelling exists so punishing isn't the problem on someone like Kabal. Characters that are on the lower end of tiers Dvorah need more of a hitbox fix. And no balance patch is only going to touch like 4 characters out of 30 if u even understand how balance patches work. Go play launch injustice 2 or any other NRS title if u think the gap between top and bottom tier is huge in MK11 because it isn't.

Okay fine. There are mechanics of a fighting game at play. They just suck.

I'm not sure if youre familiar with the term "defenders advantage" but in MK there is no defenders advantage unless you're a boss and flawless block punish everything. Playing this game online I've noticed that too block something you must be blocking it before your opponents input is finished. Example sub zero slide, Sonya overhead mid attack string, Geras 11 overhead / sandpit. So even if you know the potential for an overhead is coming you have to guess its coming out before your opponent even finishes their inputs. This goes back to my original point where i said reactionary play is non-existent and guessing is the only option. Ya you can recognize what your opponent is likely to do but with krushing blows and throws that krushing blow into 30% damage....it doesnt give you much room for error.

Oh and regarding D1 and everyone saying oh thats the meta blah blah blah.....Crouching Jabs are not meta anything. Its a simple way to disrupt your opponent and there is almost no risk to doing so.

I might have to make a whole new thread about the D1 problem to be honest since everyone enjoyed this one so much.
lmao someone send this to scrub qoutes because i don't have twitter. this is too good. "defenders advantage" lol he's even making up terms. dude played a fighting game for the first time and is upset because some things are not reactable.

Could you tell me what Microtransactions they are taking advantage of? Cause unless you are having a hard time inputting fatalities I havent found anything I can buy. I'm really excited for your response
They were trying to take advantage of them in the beginning. Like when we were getting only 1 heart per finisher. Those free 500k coins we got went by pretty fast too. Fortunately, MK is popular enough for people to to speak out against it. So they "fixed" it shortly after. The Towers are still ridiculous nonetheless and you still have to be online to play them. Sometimes developers purposely make their game a grindfest knowing that there'll be pushback. So when they make changes they can claim they're listening to community feedback.
It's really just a lesser form of data mining to see how far they can go with microtransactions. "Can we at least use them for cosmetics" etc. You can't give them an inch or they'll take a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.