What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
@Sharp Hell yeah I'mma round up ALL the peeps and we gonna have ourselves a monster of a tournament IF we get the game updated.
Think about seeing and playing against people like @st9rm @Jupe @Mijnwop aka RZA and the YUZU clan boys and many more on the EU side of things and @AoK Ryan and @Kickbykick on the NA side with hopefully more to come on the US front.
But again this is all wishful thinking until we see some concrete steps taken by WB and NRS.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
If MKXL gets in PC, I'll definitely buy it. IMO, PC = better connection, keyboard = a nice hitbox (I'd love to try if the hitbox would suit me instead of the other box that looks like an arcade one), and monitor = 1080p/60fps = better graphic quality and less lag.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
If MKXL gets in PC, I'll definitely buy it. IMO, PC = better connection, keyboard = a nice hitbox (I'd love to try if the hitbox would suit me instead of the other box that looks like an arcade one), and monitor = 1080p/60fps = better graphic quality and less lag.
why stop at 1080p? if you have the rig for it, go for 1440p or 4k you will see a noticiable difference graphics wise
Concerning the hitbox, I have come across a couple of ppl proficient at MK9 and MKX using a keyboard

Tanno

why stop at 1080p? if you have the rig for it, go for 1440p or 4k you will see a noticiable difference graphics wise
Concerning the hitbox, I have come across a couple of ppl proficient at MK9 and MKX using a keyboard
I would love to reach the 4K, but I don't have the proper graphic card. I'm stuck with this oldie NVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti. This current rig is a beast, so I need to change this GPU to make it a Full-fledged beast. In Greece, this shit is so expensive, so I'm waiting for the price to get lowered before buying (I hope) either GTX 980 Ti or GTX 1080 X.

I would love to try this keyb to see if I'm OK with this in the matches. This would serve me as a learning lesson to try the hitbox or not in the future. I want to see how difficult it is. I used to play MK (Sub Zero and Raiden), SFII (Chun Li and Bison), Tekken (Eddy Gordo, King and Lei), Samurai Shodown (Galford and Jubei), Fatal Fury (Terry Bogard and Joe Higashi), Mace - The Dark Age (Lord Deimos), etc fighting games in the arcades. I felt upon the Double Dragon fighting game in the PC a while ago. Loved it.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
@MKF30 There you go again thinking that every PC gamer out there deserves to get shitty ports and not be treated like all the other paying customers on console ALL because you're annoyed at the ppl saying "PC master race"
Don't generalize and put everyone in the same boat because you see some people say stupid things about consoles and the people that play on them.

I've been a PC gamer for a long time but guess what I own an Xbox 360 and I'm very happy about that cuz I got to play some games that were unavailable to me on PC. I have learned not to pay attention to the vocal minorities on both sides, console and PC, because what they say has no bearing.

I totally agree with you when you say that people focus too much on Ed Boon and I am guilty of that as well, but Ed Boon is a public figure and when you have that kind of status, people will give you an insane amount of shit if you or the company you represent, screw up.

You think that NRS isn't to blame in this situation and that WB is the sole reason why this happened, I disagree because unlike a contracted 3rd party studio, NRS is an internal studio with much more power when it comes to the decision making.

I'm going to give you an example of what I mean by this, take DICE and EA and their upcoming BF1 title, DICE studio heads were the ones that pitched the idea of a WW1 setting to the EA suits and they kept on pressing despite EA thinking it was going to be a flop. What we got is a very promising game all because an internal development studio stuck to their guns and believed in their product.

I would have liked to see the same commitment from NRS towards MKX on PC after HVS was removed from the project. But staying quiet on this matter like they did leads me to believe that they just went along with WB on this shit show without having any second thoughts.

Also for your information a press release statement concerning the state of MKX on PC was THE RIGHT way of disclosing facts not a poorly spelled tweet by the community manager. This is not some indie developer with a crew of 5 people that rely on social media to get the word out on their games.
Issuing out an official statement towards games journalist sites letting people know that they will not receive any more content AND THE REASON why this has to happen would have counted for something in my eyes and probably many more.

Your problem is that you assume too many things like MK9 and Injustice ports being similar to MKX on pc, I own both games and they worked just fine when I bought them unlike MKX. They were done by HVS, the same studio working on the MKX port so you see there was no reason to suspect that the game was broken day one and continued to be, on my end, for 3 days.

Playing the "well you should have known better" card is not an excuse to receive a faulty product and less than a YEAR later stop supporting it with new content all the while the console versions were getting upgraded.
I don't go on Ebay and sell a broken item and claim it to be working so that when the buyer receives it I can say "well you should have known better" by looking at my somewhat positive sales feedback.
Because that was the feedback on MK9 and Injustice ports, they weren't stellar or brimming with new options or content BUT THEY WORKED.

All in all my advice to you is to stop thinking that the people that want to play this game on PC shouldn't express themselves and "get over it" ... it's called free speech... deal with it.

Arite I'm done writing books on TYM... da fuq

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I would love to reach the 4K, but I don't have the proper graphic card. I'm stuck with this oldie NVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti. This current rig is a beast, so I need to change this GPU to make it a Full-fledged beast. In Greece, this shit is so expensive, so I'm waiting for the price to get lowered before buying (I hope) either GTX 980 Ti or GTX 1080 X.

I would love to try this keyb to see if I'm OK with this in the matches. This would serve me as a learning lesson to try the hitbox or not in the future. I want to see how difficult it is. I used to play MK (Sub Zero and Raiden), SFII (Chun Li and Bison), Tekken (Eddy Gordo, King and Lei), Samurai Shodown (Galford and Jubei), Fatal Fury (Terry Bogard and Joe Higashi), Mace - The Dark Age (Lord Deimos), etc fighting games in the arcades. I felt upon the Double Dragon fighting game in the PC a while ago. Loved it.
Dude I totally know what you mean about the damn prices, I'm from Romania btw and the prices here get hiked up as well. Double Dragon NEON is da bomb I bought the bro pack to play it with... my lil bro.
My advice if you wanna get a new gpu and wanna go Nvidia take a look at the 1070 or even 1060 OR you could wait for black friday and see if some of the older cards drop seriously in price.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
@MKF30 the sad thing is that you aren't even the first one that I hear saying that PC gamers somehow deserved this because of their elitism. I'll give you the same answer I gave to the other guy: console wars are stupid, generalization is stupid, grow up.

@Sharp I very much left MKX at this point, but if @RVB starts streaming again, I'll probably pick the game back up even if in a more chill way.

Last edited:

Tanno

Dude I totally know what you mean about the damn prices, I'm from Romania btw and the prices here get hiked up as well. Double Dragon NEON is da bomb I bought the bro pack to play it with... my lil bro.
My advice if you wanna get a new gpu and wanna go Nvidia take a look at the 1070 or even 1060 OR you could wait for black friday and see if some of the older cards drop seriously in price.
Yeah, I always check every shop to find a proper price for the GPUs. I even check e-shop.gr to see if it gets there. e-shop is the most cheap shop in Greece. It does amazing offers every Sunday.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm very curious to see how they handle the PC version of MKXL.
Logically you would assume it would just be an update like the console version, however, WB might try and distance itself from all the bad steam reviews and make it a new game completely similar to other games in the past, like that one Marvel game.

Or if it's even going to use the HVS port as a base, or if they started from scratch with a new studio.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It honestly isn't surprising that they're finally doing the PC port. I suspect the mess HVS left was much worse than we may know.

The patch is not surprising either.

But unfortunately, the game is in a pretty pessimistic state amongst a lot of the community. Hopefully this patch fixes things.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
It honestly isn't surprising that they're finally doing the PC port. I suspect the mess HVS left was much worse than we may know.

The patch is not surprising either.

But unfortunately, the game is in a pretty pessimistic state amongst a lot of the community. Hopefully this patch fixes things.
Here's hoping for the best not just regarding the PC port but all the other issues like further character balancing and tweaking the game as much as possible.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It honestly wouldn't be surprising if they were finally doing the PC port. I suspect the mess HVS left was much worse than we may know.

The patch wouldn't be surprising either.

But unfortunately, the game is in a pretty pessimistic state amongst a lot of the community. Hopefully there is a patch fixes things.
FTFY ;)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter

Have you thought about the newly-released RX-480? I'm picking one up as soon as they're back in stock. The 4gb version is only $200.

Tanno

Have you thought about the newly-released RX-480? I'm picking one up as soon as they're back in stock. The 4gb version is only $200.
I have considered this for a while since its release day, but I'm worried due of it being a mid-end GPU. I'm hitting on the High-end GPU like GTX 980 and more to make my rig a full fledged beast.

I'll have to run a comparison between them to see for myself.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@MKF30 There you go again thinking that every PC gamer out there deserves to get shitty ports and not be treated like all the other paying customers on console ALL because you're annoyed at the ppl saying "PC master race"
Don't generalize and put everyone in the same boat because you see some people say stupid things about consoles and the people that play on them.

I've been a PC gamer for a long time but guess what I own an Xbox 360 and I'm very happy about that cuz I got to play some games that were unavailable to me on PC. I have learned not to pay attention to the vocal minorities on both sides, console and PC, because what they say has no bearing.

I totally agree with you when you say that people focus too much on Ed Boon and I am guilty of that as well, but Ed Boon is a public figure and when you have that kind of status, people will give you an insane amount of shit if you or the company you represent, screw up.

You think that NRS isn't to blame in this situation and that WB is the sole reason why this happened, I disagree because unlike a contracted 3rd party studio, NRS is an internal studio with much more power when it comes to the decision making.

I'm going to give you an example of what I mean by this, take DICE and EA and their upcoming BF1 title, DICE studio heads were the ones that pitched the idea of a WW1 setting to the EA suits and they kept on pressing despite EA thinking it was going to be a flop. What we got is a very promising game all because an internal development studio stuck to their guns and believed in their product.

I would have liked to see the same commitment from NRS towards MKX on PC after HVS was removed from the project. But staying quiet on this matter like they did leads me to believe that they just went along with WB on this shit show without having any second thoughts.

Also for your information a press release statement concerning the state of MKX on PC was THE RIGHT way of disclosing facts not a poorly spelled tweet by the community manager. This is not some indie developer with a crew of 5 people that rely on social media to get the word out on their games.
Issuing out an official statement towards games journalist sites letting people know that they will not receive any more content AND THE REASON why this has to happen would have counted for something in my eyes and probably many more.

Your problem is that you assume too many things like MK9 and Injustice ports being similar to MKX on pc, I own both games and they worked just fine when I bought them unlike MKX. They were done by HVS, the same studio working on the MKX port so you see there was no reason to suspect that the game was broken day one and continued to be, on my end, for 3 days.

Playing the "well you should have known better" card is not an excuse to receive a faulty product and less than a YEAR later stop supporting it with new content all the while the console versions were getting upgraded.
I don't go on Ebay and sell a broken item and claim it to be working so that when the buyer receives it I can say "well you should have known better" by looking at my somewhat positive sales feedback.
Because that was the feedback on MK9 and Injustice ports, they weren't stellar or brimming with new options or content BUT THEY WORKED.

All in all my advice to you is to stop thinking that the people that want to play this game on PC shouldn't express themselves and "get over it" ... it's called free speech... deal with it.

Arite I'm done writing books on TYM... da fuq
When did I say ALL PC gamers? I said for years PC gamers have been talking down to console people. I never said ALL. Paranoid much? Hey dude, I'm just going by MY personal experience. It's not like I hate PC gamers as I told you earlier I have a few close friends who are mostly PC but they don't act like that, well one kind of does at times but the other doesn't and he enjoys consoles as well like yourself. So don't take it personally dude, but I agree that not everyone for PC or Console are like that. Again just telling MY experiences I've said I like the Xbox version and immediately PC people have attacked me for just saying that I don't enjoy fighters on PC in general etc.I get that, being a public figure sucks sometimes or comes with the job I'm just saying that I feel NRS really does care for the fans compared to other FGC developers that won't be named...I like how they interact with us, as a consumer that means a lot to me personally. I hear ya.

I think NRS shouldn't be the SOLE ones to be blamed, not saying they shouldn't be notified or aware but bashed for something WB told them to do? Not so much, regardless of 3rd party or not, WB still owns them and calls the shots at tne end of the day so even if say NRS is like "hey WB can we make a Wii U and PC version?" WB like -no you can't just PS and Xbox, sorry. How is that NRS fault? Just saying...I understand your example, and agree however EA ehhh I'm not sure if you're aware or not but they have a very shady rep and have been greedy at times like more than other companies, Activision and Capcom as well but you probably know this already I'm glad EA has learned though. I stayed away from them for a while.

Maybe they stayed quiet because they didn't want to show favoritism either way and potentially put their jobs at risk. We really don't know, I don't want to assume either way. For all we know they just said "ok WB we'll do what you say you're paying us so" or maybe they had private meetings asking WB "hey can we port MKXL to the PC, getting a lot of flack for your choice to kill the PC version" Just saying try to look at it from every variable.

Well hopefully WB has learned regarding press staements and how to go about that stuff from that, but the typo thing ehh that's trivial to me. It happens.

I'm not assuming, if you remember at first MK 9 and Injustice HAD problems....on PC, not as much as Batman and MK granted but they weren't perfect either initially. Though they fixed them. My friend also had it for steam and he showed me the issues at the time....before NRS addressed them.

Not an excuse just common sense with experience man, you accidentally by a defected product ok. I don't blame you, you buy it again and it's faulty ok....clearly they're not the best at PC port. But third time ok by now you should realize, you touch the flame you're going to get burnt. I do have one question for you if you don't mind, you said you're a console guy too right? Then why haven't you got the Xbox version besides in case the PC was a flop(which it is til WB and NRS fix it if they do)?

You act as if NRS and WB are aware of the fact that the PC version would suck....and willingly selling it that's not the same as some dbag selling an xbox on ebay filled with dirt. Pretty sure those sellers won't care if you're upset or not and don't at least patch, update your xbox if it's defective.

You're misunderstanding me, I'm not saying can't be upset I'm just saying sooner or later should this shit not get fixed MOVE on. And yes it's called freedom of speech, that goes both ways bro. Cheers. I may respectfully disagree with some of your views but I respect them.

@MKF30 the sad thing is that you aren't even the first one that I hear saying that PC gamers somehow deserved this because of their elitism. I'll give you the same answer I gave to the other guy: console wars are stupid, generalization is stupid, grow up.
Ok, not ALL PC gamers do but SOME the ones who were dicks for years always bashing console people yeah I don't feel sorry for THOSE types, the sad thing is you miss my point and take your own advice on growing up "calling others stupid" then saying grow up is hypocritical and moot. Yes console wars are stupid but again just going by MY personal experience on YT, on gaming sites for years....maybe that's why some people have said "PC elitists deserve it" do I think ALL PC people are like that? No but I don't go around saying "haha Nintendo has Zelda, one of the best series ever PC don't haha Console Master Race"

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
I'm not really surprised, as I won't be surprised if it all turns out to be bs. I really feel burned out by all this mess. I enjoy the game I have and I don't expect much from WB. I can't even say I'm looking forward to MKXL on PC. Sure I'll get it, if it comes out, but WB taught me well not to pre-order their stuff and better make sure that this is truly a complete edition - therefore I won't get it soon, just to be safe.

I've never distrusted a company this much. It's almost like dealing with cancer. WB would be wise not to release Injustice 2 on PC, unless it's GOTY edition ported by a decent 3rd party.

Can we just agree to disagree and move on? You know - discussing the state of the PC MKX version and not the f'king "consoles vs PC" crap?
I've never understood platform elitism itself, and I've seen both PC and console only players do this. I like video games, they're fun _regardless_ of what platform they're on. For me, I choose the platform that best suites my life situation at the moment.

As to Ed Boon, everyone focuses far, _far_ too much on Ed. I've been saying that for several months now (and usually get told off for it, which amuses me).

Status
Not open for further replies.