What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
@Tanno It doesn't matter man cuz at the end of the day we're all about playing games and this whole platform wars talk never leads to anything good. It could lead to something if people were open to a friendly discussion but that's never the case.

Let's keep this about MKX on PC from now on guys!
I didn't want to open this war, but someone called the PC gamers "peasants" and this was clearly an insult. My answer was against his own answer to force him to rethink of what would he say next time he replies.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Would be nice to have an update, I never play on pc anymore but would be worth a go.

Also just a heads up dont reply to MKF hes not said anything to even hint at an education in like 6 years, console vs pc is irrelevant.
Hey Smokey, been talking to some of the peeps that I know are still playing MKX on PC and the situation is similar to when they announced GGPO in the first place. People wanna jump back in the game they just need an incentive. Though I must admit @Braindead is right about being skeptical about this, considering we are talking about Ed Boon here.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Would be nice to have an update, I never play on pc anymore but would be worth a go.

Also just a heads up dont reply to MKF hes not said anything to even hint at an education in like 6 years, console vs pc is irrelevant.
Someone's still butthurt....

Ya Still going with the useless insults? Go away kid. You don't know me, stop pretending you do whoever you are, though given the immaturity from your post I have an idea....

People like you are why I feel the way I do.

Last edited:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Hey Smokey, been talking to some of the peeps that I know are still playing MKX on PC and the situation is similar to when they announced GGPO in the first place. People wanna jump back in the game they just need an incentive. Though I must admit @Braindead is right about being skeptical about this, considering we are talking about Ed Boon here.
Was pretty good even barring the lag and crappy port, a bunch of good players were regularly online and we made do. I have no hopes for PC version getting an update, Ed Boon literally doesnt give a shit at all. We missed like a season and a bit of ESL, they didnt want our day 1 KP2 cash or a new wave of players getting an XL port... at this point i dont see why they would bother mentioning PC version unless its just more trolling.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Was pretty good even barring the lag and crappy port, a bunch of good players were regularly online and we made do. I have no hopes for PC version getting an update, Ed Boon literally doesnt give a shit at all. We missed like a season and a bit of ESL, they didnt want our day 1 KP2 cash or a new wave of players getting an XL port... at this point i dont see why they would bother mentioning PC version unless its just more trolling.
Man I've been telling this to a lot of people... if this is another one of Ed Boon's trolls then it's a really fucked up one

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
the current state of the port, does the graphics / screen seem kinda... flickery for anyone else? don't know how to describe it. Game just feels like its gonna crash at any second

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Man I've been telling this to a lot of people... if this is another one of Ed Boon's trolls then it's a really fucked up one
Weekly online tournaments again would be godlike with GGPO, I only entered one that you did before but the varying connections and lagging in every match put me off pc version completely lol. Heres hoping that the poll meant something I guess!

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I'd definitely return for the PC tournaments. Even though there are many ps4 tourneys going on with cR and UMG, I'm always forgetting about them so I never really participate like I want to. It's a great learning experience.

I tried the PC version again just the other day, online was crap!

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
the current state of the port, does the graphics / screen seem kinda... flickery for anyone else? don't know how to describe it. Game just feels like its gonna crash at any second
Maybe the game is fucking up the gpu drivers, that wouldn't surprise me one bit considering that the game used to crash my driver every 20 minutes for the first 3 months.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I'm actually all for this but anytime someone who happens to disagree with the PC Master Race, some PC nut gets butthurt and will call you "peasants" because that makes sense.....
Oh come on that clearly nothing but some satire to end this, don't start crying yourself now.

@Tanno It doesn't matter man cuz at the end of the day we're all about playing games and this whole platform wars talk never leads to anything good. It could lead to something if people were open to a friendly discussion but that's never the case.

Let's keep this about MKX on PC from now on guys!
^This

Last edited:

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Back from my driving lessons... I wanted to ask you guys about that "big news for MKX" that Boon tweeted about some time ago, did that ever happen?
I remember EVO had no announcement from NRS regarding MKX.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Wouldn't it be pretty if suddenly along with the PC release they announce cross platform online play and the console vs pc wars can be settled in... MORTAL KOMBAT!!
Rocket league is on the verge of making XBONE - PS4 cross play a reality and I heard some rumors that CD Projekt is also gonna adopt that technology for their Gwent game.
Right now Rocket League allows PC players to play with both XBONE and PS4.

It's too late to think about cross play in the case of mkx but I would totally like to see MK11 get that.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Also one improvement I'd like to see on the PC version IF we ever get any, is that the benchmark that you have to take for you to play online, forces you to lower settings if you do not have a steady 60 fps.
So no more online play with people that have 30fps or lower cuz they can't read the minimum requirements.

Back from my driving lessons... I wanted to ask you guys about that "big news for MKX" that Boon tweeted about some time ago, did that ever happen?
I remember EVO had no announcement from NRS regarding MKX.
No, it's still coming and that's what this tweet is (possibly) alluding to; what the big news could be.

Also one improvement I'd like to see on the PC version IF we ever get any, is that the benchmark that you have to take for you to play online, forces you to lower settings if you do not have a steady 60 fps.
So no more online play with people that have 30fps or lower cuz they can't read the minimum requirements.
Agreed. Even if GGPO comes to PC, playing against people who are at 30 FPS would still be problematic, I'd imagine.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Agreed. Even if GGPO comes to PC, playing against people who are at 30 FPS would still be problematic, I'd imagine.
Yeah ggpo will not help you at all if the person you get paired with decided to play online with a really bad fps, and a lot of beginners do that and ruin the experience for themselves and the players they encounter.
What I'm saying is the game should take the "for dummies" approach and not let players online unless they get that steady 60 fps.

Lokheit

Noob
Yeah ggpo will not help you at all if the person you get paired with decided to play online with a really bad fps, and a lot of beginners do that and ruin the experience for themselves and the players they encounter.
What I'm saying is the game should take the "for dummies" approach and not let players online unless they get that steady 60 fps.
IIRC correctly in the same screen showing the opponent connection you can also see if his computer is good enough and decide if you don't want to play him if it's too bad.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Wouldn't it be pretty if suddenly along with the PC release they announce cross platform online play and the console vs pc wars can be settled in... MORTAL KOMBAT!!
That would be awesome, they have crossplay in KI now on pc - xbone and it runs really smooth

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Hell yes for this. I got to the point that I felt like people were doing it on purpose . Like some sort of rhythm breaker for people playing at 60. All I could find were people running at low fps. I can't quite do 1080p maxed either but I'm sure not going to play the game slowed down, and it was an automatic no for matchups. Which pretty much meant I played the CPU exclusively.

Nah why would it really... the console versions didn't experience any trouble when it got implemented.
I'm no expert in netcode but I think the performance impact will be minimal to none.
I am concerned about this, because after September patch, my aged RIG could handle MKX in 60FPS just right without heavy visual sacrifices.

On the other hand, Killer Instinct is - due to its age - less pretty game, but to pass benchmark I had to lower resolution. I don`t know if these increased requirements are caused by perfect netcode of KI, or it being this weird Win10 app format. I hope it`s the latter.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Oh come on that clearly nothing but some satire to end this, don't start crying yourself now.

^This
lol I'm not crying why would I? I play MK X on Xbox :p. Just pointing out calling others "peasants" is rather childish and pointless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.