What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder

I know a lot of you will say too late, but IMO, it's never too late.
I want to preserve the game so I can play it 5-10 years down the line.
And the PS4 is a piece of shit that is not worth keeping after it's console life cycle is done.
Though I might for BloodBorne.
What the hell is this? Is that really on the table enough that he is willing to actually bring up PC for maybe the first time since KP2 was announced.

I went out and did the PS4 thing since there are other things I want on it and I figured it wasn't happening, but there are a lot of people that have been hoping this would roll around. I think it should get done, I hope it gets done, and I will probably upgrade my PC version if it does. If for no other reason than I have everything unlocked.

That is the one place I felt a little burned in that it was worth it to buy the game twice, but grinding out two krypts sucks ass and I'm sure not paying for that one.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

I know a lot of you will say too late, but IMO, it's never too late.
I want to preserve the game so I can play it 5-10 years down the line.
And the PS4 is a piece of shit that is not worth keeping after it's console life cycle is done.
Though I might for BloodBorne.
I'm sure they will have the courage to actually make us pay for it, witch is beyond ridiculous.

If it's free, they would still be jerks, but at least they would try to redeem themselves. I'd respect that.

Let's not forget that this whole thing could still be a troll though, knowing how disgusting Boon can be.

PS: To all of you that are thinking about buying MKXL on PC, don't forget that if a KP3 comes out on console, it doesn't mean that you are getting it as well, knowing their past.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
This is starting to look like an old rumor I heard a few months after the console only crap was revealed, I'm still not getting my hopes up. Knowing Boon this might be another one of his stupid trolling that everyone "enjoys" so much .

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
PS: To all of you that are thinking about buying MKXL on PC, don't forget that if a KP3 comes out on console, it doesn't mean that you are getting it as well, knowing their past.
I'd like to think that IF XL comes to PC, and there is a KP3 announced, PC players will get both. I'm guessing NRS hired a new developer to fix the mess that HVS left behind, thus the reason there has been no news as to what's going on.

Folks had been complaining since the games launch for new netcode. It had been worked on from the start, with literally no word from developers if a fix was coming and we wind up getting it a year later.

This is starting to look like an old rumor I heard a few months after the console only crap was revealed, I'm still not getting my hopes up. Knowing Boon this might be another one of his stupid trolling that everyone "enjoys" so much .
could this mean the return of eu weekly? :rolleyes:

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
could this mean the return of eu weekly? :rolleyes:
IF we get mkx on pc to be on par with console content then yes I'll start streaming and organizing the EU and NA weekly tournaments.
I miss the fun times we had while streaming... sadly the move to KI never happened because I don't have a proper pad to play it. I'd have to import a six button pad like the hori fighting commander 4 because I can't find any locally and at this point I can't afford to do so. The xbox 360 pads I have just makes playing KI a bitch so I gave up early on.
Also I need to get a new secondary monitor as my old one broke and my finances are slim at best, so these are the main reasons I stopped streaming in a nuttshell.

On the bright side IF MKX gets updated we'll be able to hold a RESURRECTION of MKX on PC stream where I'll gladly share the salt that I've accumulated over the past months.

Immortal

Blind justice....
It will happen sometime down the line. As it will happen to Injustice 2 (which was almost confirmed already). They just gave up on doing it the same time as console version.

They just went back to the model of IGAU -> when the final patch / expansion drops then they will release complete PC version.

But i must say im very happy with KI on PC, it's an awesome port, nothing broke, everything works as it should and it has crossplay not to mention best netcode in the business.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
IF we get mkx on pc to be on par with console content then yes I'll start streaming and organizing the EU and NA weekly tournaments.
I miss the fun times we had while streaming... sadly the move to KI never happened because I don't have a proper pad to play it. I'd have to import a six button pad like the hori fighting commander 4 because I can't find any locally and at this point I can't afford to do so. The xbox 360 pads I have just makes playing KI a bitch so I gave up early on.
Also I need to get a new secondary monitor as my old one broke and my finances are slim at best, so these are the main reasons I stopped streaming in a nuttshell.

On the bright side IF MKX gets updated we'll be able to hold a RESURRECTION of MKX on PC stream where I'll gladly share the salt that I've accumulated over the past months.
I've been missing the stream. You plan to buy the game if this whole thing turns out true and they are going to make you pay for it?

Personally I didn't intend to pay for anything, unless we get the KP3 or some big bonus for the wait as well, but if you start streaming again then I might.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
The rumor I heard back then was that MKXL will release on PC and the current owners of MKX will get a discount. How much of a discount I dunno... but one thing's for sure I won't be buying retail or steam like I did the first time to put the money straight into Ed Boon's pocket

One thing I posted long ago is that, if they will port to PC, they might be waiting for all content/balance updates on console to be finished so they simply need to do one more porting job.

This lends credit to that theory.

Also, don't forgot months back someone posted here that they called WBIE Support and spoke to a rep, and said rep told him the content was going to come but closer to the holidays.

It's possible that may have been true as well.

For my own part, I still plan to purchase any future WBIE products for PC off of a grey site to deny them profits due to their lack of communication with the PC community. I also likely won't purchase the premium content right away.

Reactions: RVB

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I'm prolly gonna end up doing just like @Juxtapose if mkx gets updated, just out of spite... I still feel bitter about going out and buying it retail, day 1, instead of a grey market site.
I know that a lot of publishers look at the retail sales number above digital when it comes to judging the success of a game, so I figured why not go buy it that way so that they see that MK is something the PC community wants. What I got in return, and half a million people for that matter, is well known by now so no point getting into that again.

I'm prolly gonna end up doing just like @Juxtapose if mkx gets updated, just out of spite... I still feel bitter about going out and buying it retail, day 1, instead of a grey market site.
I know that a lot of publishers look at the retail sales number above digital when it comes to judging the success of a game, so I figured why not go buy it that way so that they see that MK is something the PC community wants. What I got in return, and half a million people for that matter, is well known by now so no point getting into that again.
See for me, I'm not bitter about my purchase at all. I pre-purchased the base game for 25% off in January 2015. I did not (and still do not) have a current generation console, so this was the logical and economical choice.

I've played the game for well over 200 hours, and have certainly gotten my money's worth.

In terms of the XL content, assuming it comes to PC, I don't mind waiting, even this long, my grievance is the complete lack of communication on the subject simply so we know where we stand. A simple "We're waiting until NetherRealm Studios is done with the product, then we'll port the remaining content to PC." notice from Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment would have done wonders.

Because nothing proper has been said though, I went and purchased Kombat Pack 1, something I had been waiting on a Steam sale for, off of a grey site to get said content and deny WBIE the profits.

For the PC market at least, I can no longer support WBIE at this time, and I can think of no better way of expressing my frustration and disapproval of them by purchasing their products of off grey sites. It's not theft on my part, as I'm doing a legit, private transaction, but the publisher (likely) will not see any profit from the sale of the item,

So I get the content and deny them money at the same time.

Should the XL content come to PC, I'll obviously get whatever free content is given, and then wait a bit and buy the premium content I want dirt cheap off a gray site again.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.

I really hope for the PC NA streams again. They were fun, it was always a good time with PC players.

Status
Not open for further replies.