What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
The bad PC port damaged the brand (and i mean NRS and Mortal Kombat franchise) so basically even if its not always true, they lost "clients" with this mess. And im sure Boon and his band disliked that but did not have any control back then. Now they do, and its mandatory to fix PC before sell any stuff like injustice 2 on this platform.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
IF mkxl on PC is true - when do you guys think we can expect some kind of official announcment? Again - IF is true...

IF mkxl on PC is true - when do you guys think we can expect some kind of official announcment? Again - IF is true...
I still suspect that if it happens, it'll be when NRS is done with the game so WBIE only has to contract a company to do one final port.

Someone here on TYM called WBIE Support months ago, and the tech candidly said it would all come, but before the holidays.

So if we get it and if that was true, I'd ballpark in the Fall, probably more mid-fall.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
You act as if NRS and WB are aware of the fact that the PC version would suck....and willingly selling it that's not the same as some dbag selling an xbox on ebay filled with dirt. Pretty sure those sellers won't care if you're upset or not and don't at least patch, update your xbox if it's defective.
I act that way because it's exactly what's going on with big publishers these days, they will not extend development time even if the game is in a really poor state and prefer to release a broken game on day 1 then patch it.
EA, Ubisoft and especially WB are guilty as hell when it comes to this kind of stuff, Battlefield 3, Assassins Creed Unity and Batman AK just to name a few of the games where people had to put up with shitshow launches.
It comes down to this, these greedy fucks will push out a broken game 99% of the time to meet their damn deadlines because they don't have any semblance of ethics.

Immortal

Blind justice....
@Immortal you gonna start playing if MKXL comes out on PC? I havent touched mkx in like a 6 months, but I might start playing again.
Probably for fun, maybe i will pick put Leatherface Butcher variation just for giggles coz that brutality is just awesome.

Last edited:
I act that way because it's exactly what's going on with big publishers these days, they will not extend development time even if the game is in a really poor state and prefer to release a broken game on day 1 then patch it.
EA, Ubisoft and especially WB are guilty as hell when it comes to this kind of stuff, Battlefield 3, Assassins Creed Unity and Batman AK just to name a few of the games where people had to put up with shitshow launches.
It comes down to this, these greedy fucks will push out a broken game 99% of the time to meet their damn deadlines because they don't have any semblance of ethics.
For me, I rarely buy any games at launch anymore because so many games are released with serious technical issues, released with content held back, or are too expensive for my tastes.

This goes for both PC and console.

The last new game I bought at launch was Mortal Kombat X (PC). Prior to that, it would have been Diablo III (Xbox 360), and prior to that, Halo 4 I believe.

Unless you have to have it right away, it's usually better to wait.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@MKF30 Pfff... Console Peasant :DOGE
P.C.=Petty Crying :DOGE Sorry if I want to play on consoles that defined gaming.:D

Can we just agree to disagree and move on? You know - discussing the state of the PC MKX version and not the f'king "consoles vs PC" crap?
I'm actually all for this but anytime someone who happens to disagree with the PC Master Race, some PC nut gets butthurt and will call you "peasants" because that makes sense.....

As far as consoles go most WB games develop with decent time, Nintendo(sometimes too much) but hey it still beats what Capcom did rushing a game and have it unfinished I mean that's BAD on all levels. I actually know a bunch of SF and Capcom fans for years who dropped them cause of that, well their prior shady moves and that I should say. I do hope to one day see a MM remake though. Sadly most fighters and games even now days have day one patches for all kinds of technical issues. This I admit is annoying but just imagine if we didn't have them? They'd probably wind up being like old days, taking years literally and once it's out that's the game broken or not and we all know some loser would beat on the game 24/7 til they found something broken and exploited it...then tourneys would have to ban it.

Pretty much all gaming companies at some point or another have done it, though I will say WB is NOT the worst...as far as I'm concerned Capcom, EA and Activision are way worse with greed and unfinished, technical issues overall. If you remember so many people on here assumed NRS would charge for the Netcode update, the new stage fatalities and it winded up being free....Ubisoft I've heard some bad things too but been a while since I've played their games....I have a few AC games, one of them(forget the title as it's been a while) was glitchy as hell....

WB isn't perfect but I will say compared to some of these other companies they're better as long as they go Capcom and Activision route with unfinished games and charging people for the prior game for a new bundle shit, I can manage....

Last edited:

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
"GO FUCKING HANG YOURSELF WITH YOUR NECK TIE MOTHERFUCKER. GO FUCKING HANG YOURSELF WITH A NECK TIE."

- @RVB

Seems like a nice dude to me.
I don't really care how I seem to people, some like me, some don't... that's life in a nutshell.

But I stand by my words and take full responsibility for them and my actions on this site, on my streams AND in real life. When I said I wouldn't touch any NRS/WB games if they didn't make MKX on pc, on par with consoles, I MEANT IT, you can check my steam profile to verify that.

If they do fix up MKX on PC then I'll start playing and supporting the game just like I did during the time MK9 was completely dead with only 3 Twitch channels broadcasting it regularly.

End of story...pal... watch out for tie sales in the future.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Peasants? Shall we do a technical-wise comparison? This will be a proof to say who's the peasant here. The consoles will always be behind the times till the technology reaches its limits (4nm, 256K?, etc). The PC will always be a foot ahead of anything. It's been like that since the retro era.

Some people chose to go to their imaginary world than facing the reality here...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Power doesn't equal better. I mean PSP and Vita are WAY more powerful than the 3DS in terms of graphics, does it mean they're better though? Hardly. Depends what the person wants, me personally I'd prefer good gameplay with at least decent to good graphics. Games with amazing graphics and shitty gameplay doesn't do much for me.

Give me originality and innovation any day over "pure power"

At any rate, I hope the MKC true MK fans get what they want regardless of which console they play.

Last edited:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Would be nice to have an update, I never play on pc anymore but would be worth a go.

Also just a heads up dont reply to MKF hes not said anything to even hint at an education in like 6 years, console vs pc is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.