What's new

Fundamentals of Injustice

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
How can you make it work on wake-up? Whenever I try to backdash the AI mauls me.

They're probably doing meaty moves with reach that'll stuff the backdash. The backdash isn't invincibile for the entire duration.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
A few things on throws. They have a 10 frame startup, can't be ducked and are escaped by hitting throw yourself. Unlike MK you can be blocking and escape. However, you cannot escape if you're in a situation where you can't block(for example you've just done a punishable attack). Unlike SF4 there are no option selects. 1+3 is always throw, you can't do d+1+3 and get a duck jab, you will always get throw.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Can someone fully explain wall bouncing? Why charge the B3? Does a B3 launch have the exact same properties as cancelling a combo with bb+mb? Does spacing off wall bounces change depending on where you are on the map, or is it universally wallbounce into jump in attack combo etc?
Yes to having the same properties as bb+mb. Charging b+3's gives you style points. Sometimes in the corner a wall bounce will change the trajectory and you'll have to adjust your combo in that situation. And yes, typically after wall bounce you do a jump attack into a standing combo into a meter burn relaunch then ender. Thats the normal formula for juggles off of b+3's.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
A few things on throws. They have a 10 frame startup, can't be ducked and are escaped by hitting throw yourself. Unlike MK you can be blocking and escape. However, you cannot escape if you're in a situation where you can't block(for example you've just done a punishable attack). Unlike SF4 there are no option selects. 1+3 is always throw, you can't do d+1+3 and get a duck jab, you will always get throw.
Can you still tech the throw if you ARE holding down back though? Aka, crouch tech?

Slips

Slips I suppose interactibles are a good way to deal with zoning, aren't they?
Power characters benefit the most from interactables. A bat signal being thrown at you anywhere on the screen is harder to avoid than one being exploded and will only hit if you happen to be around it. Although some of the gadget characters have some really cheap stuff with some of them.

And usually interactables help out the zoner more than the rush down character since they can camp out near an interactable, zone with their normal projectiles and use the interactable as a backup plan when people get around their zoning.

Delriach

Sindelly
How can you make it work on wake-up? Whenever I try to backdash the AI mauls me.
It's really just a timing thing. When you get up from the ground you have to time it around the time you would get hit. There are numerous ways to stuff a backdash, so it's not like it's a guaranteed strategy that will always work 100%. Multi-hitting strings that move you forward and delayed attacks are some of the ways it can be stuffed.

Play the Batman AI on Very Hard. He is a good way to gauge when to do a back dash.

Slips

Slips I really need some help with this, i don't know if i will ever get use to these new mechanics ...

Well basically this is just a brand new game with new mechanics. This game isn't about dashing into pressure. Its about walking and well placed dashes to get in your opponent's face. If people throw out stuff to stop you from walking and dashing in, then you whiff punish. If they don't, then get in their grill and throw them or put them in a 50/50.

If this was Mortal Kombat 10 or something, maybe you'd have a point. But this is a totally different game. I know it sucks to have invested so much time in MK9. You learned all the mechanics and you want to transfer all of your knowledge and skills to a brand new game to get the jump on people, but the bottom line is everyone is on a brand new slate. The fun right now to everyone should be just be having fun. This is a game after all. After that, the fun is the challenge of understanding how this game works. What beats what and improving at each category as you keep playing.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Isn't the motion ff+MB for overhead bounce and bb+MB for wall bounce?

I had the same problem, I thought the timming was crazy. That was until I noticed they take 2 bars to work!
Either one works. I think it's a leftover mapping from MK9 tag.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
From what I can tell, for anyone who has played any other new fighter in the last 4 years besides MK, this might help...

DASHING
Uses SF4 mechanics, where you have to complete your dash before doing anything. It does NOT have cancelable dashes ala Tekken/Marvel/MK9.

BACKDASHING
Uses SF4/SFXT mechanics, with a short windows of invulnerability on the START of the dash only. This works anywhere, even in the corner. Long reaching moves with a bunch of active frames will still catch your backdash though, just like SF4.

THROWS
It seems with GGA 16 Bit confirming that you can crouch tech, it would mean you can perform SF4-style delayed throw techs while in blockstun to attempt to avoid tick throw setups. Maybe 16 bit knows the actual number of frames we have in the throw-break window, I haven't seen it anywhere yet.