What's new

Fundamentals of Injustice

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
It will take some trial and error to find the right timing since it is frame specific. Try to time the back dash so that you are just barely not getting attacked. For example, if someone is doing a jumping attack do a back dash right before you get hit by it. Practice the timing around this window and you'll be able to narrow it down.
kind of like soul calibre with those parries ?? i think i get ya thx for the reply :) dat'll come with game time

Thank you for this thread. People need to realize that this isn't an annual update to mk. You don't have to learn a whole new game when going from sf4 to ssf4ae or tekken 6 to ttt2. This is an entirely new game. It's gonna take time and smarts.

It will take some trial and error to find the right timing since it is frame specific. Try to time the back dash so that you are just barely not getting attacked. For example, if someone is doing a jumping attack do a back dash right before you get hit by it. Practice the timing around this window and you'll be able to narrow it down.
Is there an option in the training mode where we can have AI throw intractable at us?

Great thread Slips, the Scorpion/Tekken master hath spoken, now hurry up and cover the other topics!

Delriach

Sindelly
Delriach what are the proper inputs/timing for wake-up roll and wake-up backdash? That's the only thing that's been giving me a bit of trouble in the 1st couple days.
A wake-up back dash is tricky since that also depends on when the opponent is doing an attack and what attack they are doing. It may not always work. But basically you just perform the back dash and time it to avoid the attack. It's not a true wake-up situation in the sense that the game will say "wake up attack" like it does for a wake up special attack.

The timing for a tech roll on wake up is to press any button the moment you hit the ground. It can be a direction, shoulder buttons, face button. It doesn't matter. If you can't get that timing down yet you can just roll the D-pad around as you are falling on the ground until you see your character roll. That is one way to pretty much guarantee that you'll get it. Eventually you'll be able to time the roll so that you can get it with a single button press as you hit the ground.

Is there an option in the training mode where we can have AI throw intractable at us?

Great thread Slips, the Scorpion/Tekken master hath spoken, now hurry up and cover the other topics!

There is a record/playback feature in practice mode... so :)

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Anti-air: A lot of things in Injustice can be related to properies in sf4. Movement, jumping, backdash, comboing off duck jabs, focus attacks, throws, ect. One thing that is not like sf4 is anti-air. Since there are no dragon punches or ex flash kicks or ex spinning bird kick or whatever, you have to rely on other means in Injustice. This will entirely depend on each character with their normals. It also depends on spacing. Lex's u+3 is pretty decent anti-air, but only when your opponent jumps directly on top of him just above his head. Batman's b+2 is also decent anti-air, but again it won't work too well at certain angles. Wonder Woman's d2 is one of the more reliable of the three demo characters, but is slow so you have to be concentrating and looking for a jump which opens you up for people dashing in. And can lose to some of the better jump attacks like Lex's jumping 3 at the right angle.

You can also use a mb (meter burn) b3 or f3 as anti-air as well much like sf4 focus attack. Since b3's and f3's are pretty slow, unless you do them very early and hit them during their landing frames, your opponent typically is able to block in time if they see you charge it up. (Again, very sf4ish) Plus, sometimes you don't have meter to spend. :p

The most reliable anti-air in the game is pre-emtpive air to air attack. Unlike sf4, you can juggle your opponent after an air to air exchange. If you know for sure someone is going to jump, jump with them hit them air to air with a jumping 1 or jump 2 and you can follow-up with a full combo. In MK9 a air to air jump punch caused massive scaling, but this is not the case in this game. For example: Batman can do air to air jump 2, (land) b2 xx db+1 mb, b3, j3, b2,3 for roughly 40%.

While pre-emptive air to air is the most reward for anti-airing your opponent, its also the riskiest. If you throw out a jump attack and they did not jump, you will land in front of them giving them free damage.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Im not sure you can safely back dash away from Lex's charged up projectile (which is Unblockable when your to close)....

I have to try that .. Or maybe someone knows...

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Im not sure you can safely back dash away from Lex's charged up projectile (which is Unblockable when your to close)....

I have to try that .. Or maybe someone knows...

you can backdash it.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
This game borrowed a lot from SF4. If you've played SF4/SFxT, or pretty much any other standard 2D fighting game over the last few years, this game should mostly feel just how you expect, minus what I feel is slightly clunky dash movement. Backdashes having some startup invulnerability, traditional footsies, etc.

Does this game have a real zoner? I admittedly haven't been keeping up with all of the characters, so I don't know if this game is like MK where half of the cast has a way to instantly teleport behind you. MK9 couldnt really have a zoning game for that reason. I'd love to play the Guile of Injustice, if there is a Guile of Injustice.