What's new

Fundamentals of Injustice

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
haha Pig why u so godlike?

and why do you think Ares is the new Kabal? zoning or brain-dead rush-down?
I think ares has everything a super human tourney player could want

Invisibility accompanied w a in front of u/behind u teleport
Great zoning
Great mixup zoning
D1 into whatever the hell he wants (overhead/low)
Above avg projectile
And looks bad ass

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?

Great zoning
Great mixup zoning
Above avg projectile
And looks bad ass

Is the teleport safe?
Does he have fast good range anti-airs for keep away game?
I want to main the best zoner with best projectiles and stuff and I heard GA is good but not the best.... could it be Sinestro?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Is the teleport safe?
Does he have fast good range anti-airs for keep away game?
I want to main the best zoner with best projectiles and stuff and I heard GA is good but not the best.... could it be Sinestro?
Best zoner ehhh that's tought

Probably Deathstroke and cyborg

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Great zoning
Great mixup zoning
Above avg projectile
And looks bad ass
It's funny because other people who have the game already saying he needs a buff....

loogie

Noob
Slips
Grabs are not clashable? question is for character like Grundy ... all his bnbs are around the grab chains so if his grabs aren't clashable it would be advantageous to say the least.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Slips
Grabs are not clashable? question is for character like Grundy ... all his bnbs are around the grab chains so if his grabs aren't clashable it would be advantageous to say the least.

In a combo you can clash the first hit, the initial grab, but nothing after.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
FOOTSIES

Footsies is the most open-ended portion of most fighting games and hardest to explain since there are so many variables. Sometimes you will go on the attack. Sometimes you choose to defend. Sometimes your opponent will decide to hold their ground and fight. Other times they will opt to dash or jump away to avoid confrontation. The variables in the footies game is the most fun and interesting since that is where you learn the most about your opponent. Its where a lot of the yomi and meta-game develop. Its what seperates the player types the most if they are more offensive, defensive, risky or safe.

Before you establish a footsie game, be sure to let your opponent know you can anti-air them and you know how to punish their special moves. Otherwise you'll get scrubbed out. Once the game develops and you and your opponent both respect that you know how to handle the standard tactics of special move abuse and jumping, the footsies game then determines what seperates the men from the boys.

Your best footsie tool is the move you have that punishes your opponent the best from just holding back. This varies per character. For a lot of characters its their furthest reaching low. For others its a command throw. And there are some where they have long reaching moves or strings that give them frame advantage and put your opponent in a bad guessing game on block. Once you establish this move (or moves) and your opponent understands they have to act. The footsie game begins.

Lows: For a lot of the cast, your longest reaching low is what sets ups everything. It may be a special move or unique normal attack string that launches. Or it may be as something as simple as your sweep that sets up a nasty mix-up when you knock them down. Once you establish this low, your opponent will eventually begin to respect it and will start to duck. Once you have them ducking, they are stabalized and they are not moving. This now allows you to dash in and do something different. You can dash throw or dash into an overhead to mix it up. Some characters have slower dashes or some players have good reactions and will poke you when they see you dash in their face or just when you get too close in general. There are a few things you can do about this.

a) Dash and poke: Dash and go straight into a d1 may be quick enough to catch your opponent hitting a button once they realized you didn't do your low and you dashed instead. If you are able to do a d1 xx special, you might get really good damage or really good wake-ups depending on what your d1 can cancel into. Learning to cancel a d1 into a special move is big not only in the footsie game, but for punishing and counter-poking as well.

b) Dash and block: If your opponent sees you dash and hits d1, sweep or maybe even a fast special move as a panic attempt to keep you out, you always have the option to block. After you block their attack, whether its a d1, sweep or specal, you'll then have the advantage and your opponent will then be forced to guess. Dash and then blocking will also let you to see if your opponent jumps and allow you to punish them trying to get away as well.

c) Walk: If your character doesn't have a quick recovering dash or your opponent just has a good feel of when your dashing in and hits you out of it, you can always close the gap by walking in. By walking in you can pressure your opponent by hovering just outside their d1 or sweep range and punish them on whiff. If they see you walking in, they may stop ducking and hold back opening up you to do your low again. If they respect that as well, you can then walk up and do a throw or overhead or whatever your character's main tool is to open up someone playing defense. Walking also lets you to see if your opponent jumps and allows you to punish them for trying to get away as well.

Command throws: Command throws cover a lot more basis than lows since they are unblockable. These force your opponent to either mash something out before the command throw hits or force them to jump. If they mash something out and you get hit out of your command grab you may want to wait to let them whiff allowing you to punish the whiff. Or, you can do a fast mid attack that will beat out their panic presses to force them to block so you can command grab again. If they jump, you can meet them air to air for a combo. A fast mid attack may hit them on the way up as well.

Long range frame advantage attacks: There are a few characters that have decent range moves that give them advantage on block. These are also good footsie tools as it forces your opponent into a guessing game if they block it. Same rules apply to these moves if you get hit out of them or your opponent jumps away as the command grab.

mrsz

O.G. SZ
Thanks slips. Your comparison to MK9 and SF4 made it easier to understand the movements in Injustice.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I cannot for the life of me block cross ups ever. How do you do it. I feel ashamed and noobish but I am free to it. Help!

I'm personally feeling bit uncomfortable of this game defensive play. defensive seems really weak in this game. as play further i finding my self commiting to agressive play since its has the most favorable risk/reward (advantage). defensive play is injustice play is very unforgving since most defensive action doesn't really give an advantage or even reverse the momentume. most just mitigates the situation slightly and the ones that do have limited application as being voided or even counter all together.

cyke_out

Noob
I'm personally feeling bit uncomfortable of this game defensive play. defensive seems really weak in this game. as play further i finding my self commiting to agressive play since its has the most favorable risk/reward (advantage). defensive play is injustice play is very unforgving since most defensive action doesn't really give an advantage or even reverse the momentume. most just mitigates the situation slightly and the ones that do have limited application as being voided or even counter all together.
You need to understand what is safe on block, when to punish, when to push block, when yo back dash, when to use an armored move. Defense can be extremely effective, but only after you study the game.

You need to understand what is safe on block, when to punish, when to push block, when yo back dash, when to use an armored move. Defense can be extremely effective, but only after you study the game.
yes this is true but its always whats taxing about the style, you had to familarize your self with your options, most of the time you'll being predicting or guessing than reacting because to many variables will be at play. (your options, your opponents options, and now stages). lets not forget that these defensive options can be punish or .

B3 cancel> pushblock
multi meatys/amour piercing>amour
meaty/throws>back dash

the problem i have is the game make you play fast pace rock paper sciccors game where the agressor ussualy have more than option to beat a defensive options while the defensive can only beat one. theirs is no consistently reliable defensive option outside of block which in it self is more mitigater than anything since its still has cons thats easily exploitable( frame traps, chip, limited and exploitable options).

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Breaking Bad Habits...
I've played FGs since SF2 & MK1 and I feel my gameplay leans more towards the SF mindset. I need serious improvement in my game and I have bad habits of being repetitive, trying the same mix-ups over and over, etc.
Also, I tend to turtle too much, remaining stationery when I should be staying loose, reading the opponent and adapting to their game. I read a ton of info, and understand the concepts of FGs, yet I can't seem to switch to reacting or pre-empting instead of just playing from memory. I know it's all up to me to improve and I am down to put in the work, it's just the amount of information is overwhelming. Combos, Oki, mix-ups, match-ups, frame-traps. I'm wondering which is most important, what follows it, etc.
If I play the AI to learn this engine's basics, what is the best difficulty level?
It's frustrating when you have been playing FGs so long, though not at a high-level, and getting defeated by things you know you should be able to counter/negate. Granted I was on hiatus for 5 years prior to 2011, but still. I guess my expectations are higher or more critical than necessary.
I realize this post is "scrubbish" but fuck it, I need honest critiques and constructive criticism. Some of the players I've PM'ed are only on PSN, so I'm hoping to find some High-Level X-Box players to build with.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Lol at the emphasis I put on sweeps and Lex having best zoning in the game.