Kombat Konnoisseur
Slips FTW lol

Its a real different game altogether.
Gonna take a bit of time adjusting although MK9 still my main game :D

All the best,
OBS

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Clash System: Seems to be a lot of wonder around the Clash system so I will go over this. Personally, I think this is one of the coolest and most ingenius ideas NRS has come up with.

Clash is your combo breaker from MK9. It can only be activated once and only during your 2nd life bar. If you get hit and are getting combo'ed, you can activate Clash by holding forward and the meter burn. Since it was you that was getting wrecked, your lifebar is the one that is being wagered. If you wager more bars of meter than your opponent, you will get life back. If your opponent wages more bars of meter than you, you will lose life. If you both bet the same amount, its a wash. So when you clash is extremely imporant to mind your meter vs. your opponent's.

The math is as follows.
Win by 1 bar of meter - 15%
Win by 2 bars of meter - 25%
Win by 3 bars of meter - 30%
Win by 4 bars of meter - 33%

Its important not to clash too early or you may possible lose out on life gained if you win a clash. (Additional life gained won't overspill into your first bar of life that was lost) Its also important not to clash too late cause your opponent will pupose drop combos and do throws or single hit moves to prevent you from clashing and getting life back. (Gaining 25% - 30% life is a big deal)

If your character has meter burn moves that are very valuable for getting in on your opponent, or really good for extending combos fand getting massive damage, you may want to save a bar of meter. If the match is close and you can need all the life you can get to sustain a life-lead, you may want to wager it all. The strategy behind the Clash system is pretty elaborate. Play with it and devise your own strategies.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Also b+3 and f+3 are unclashable. As well as projectiles unless they're part of a combo. Finally, the extra hits of MB moves are unclashable unless in combos. So like with Flash's Sonic Kick the additional kicks can't be clashed.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
push block will take a room and part as a very, very strategic element in this game ...... take note on that !! ;)

Clash System: Seems to be a lot of wonder around the Clash system so I will go over this. Personally, I think this is one of the coolest and most ingenius ideas NRS has come up with.

Clash is your combo breaker from MK9. It can only be activated once and only during your 2nd life bar. If you get hit and are getting combo'ed, you can activate Clash by holding forward and the meter burn. Since it was you that was getting wrecked, your lifebar is the one that is being wagered. If you wager more bars of meter than your opponent, you will get life back. If your opponent wages more bars of meter than you, you will lose life. If you both bet the same amount, its a wash. So when you clash is extremely imporant to mind your meter vs. your opponent's.

The math is as follows.
Win by 1 bar of meter - 15%
Win by 2 bars of meter - 25%
Win by 3 bars of meter - 30%
Win by 4 bars of meter - 33%

Its important not to clash too early or you may possible lose out on life gained if you win a clash. (Additional life gained won't overspill into your first bar of life that was lost) Its also important not to clash too late cause your opponent will pupose drop combos and do throws or single hit moves to prevent you from clashing and getting life back. (Gaining 25% - 30% life is a big deal)

If your character has meter burn moves that are very valuable for getting in on your opponent, or really good for extending combos fand getting massive damage, you may want to save a bar of meter. If the match is close and you can need all the life you can get to sustain a life-lead, you may want to wager it all. The strategy behind the Clash system is pretty elaborate. Play with it and devise your own strategies.
yes i agree its an awesome method and i love hearing what each character has to say depending on who your fighting, doomsday groan as he runs forward is funny, if i have 4 bars ready for a super but not alot of health left, and i get stuck in a combo and have no option but to clash to escape, but i still want my super in case i can combo into it and gain victory, can i initiate clash to break combo but bet nothing, will i lose health if they bet something :)

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

cyke_out

Noob
yes i agree its an awesome method and i love hearing what each character has to say depending on who your fighting, doomsday groan as he runs forward is funny, if i have 4 bars ready for a super but not alot of health left, and i get stuck in a combo and have no option but to clash to escape, but i still want my super in case i can combo into it and gain victory, can i initiate clash to break combo but bet nothing, will i lose health if they bet something :)
If they bet more than you, you will lose life. You cannot die from a clash though, so if you are on your last pixel of health, you can clash for free.

and there is the mind game, you're opponent might think you are trying to heal life, so he'll go all in, and since you can't lose anymore health, he just wasted his meter.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Can someone in block-stun still be thrown? I notice a lot of moves seem to have more than 10 frames of Block Advantage, and since throws are 10 frames, it seems like you would get a free throw attempt after any of these moves.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Clash snip
I'd been looking for a breakdown like this, thanks. I thought purposefully dropping combos might end up happening. It looks like this could really make zoners more powerful too. I'm guessing you can clash anytime after the second hit of a combo like MK9? Also when you regain X% of life, does that mean you regain that amount in addition to the damage taken from the combo?

cyke_out

Noob
I'd been looking for a breakdown like this, thanks. I thought purposefully dropping combos might end up happening. It looks like this could really make zoners more powerful too. I'm guessing you can clash anytime after the second hit of a combo like MK9? Also when you regain X% of life, does that mean you regain that amount in addition to the damage taken from the combo?
No, it's a set amount of damage, if you clash on the end of a 45% combo, only taking 40%, even if you get the max amount of health regained, you'll still be 7% in the hole. This is why it is best to clash as soon as possible.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
u can also fake them out by pressing meter burn twice , it looks like youve spent all your meter too .. its amazing :D

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
GGA 16 Bit it seems that comebacks are going to be quite a rarity in this game (at least in my opinion based on some of the mechanics). Will it still be known as "only a true master" or should we come up with something better?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Wake-up Attacks: Wake-up attack system is identical to MK9. The first 8 frames (8 frames is a rough estimate, not literal so keep that in mind) are invinsible for your special move, after that you are vulnerable. There are a couple things that are different from MK9 to Injustice though.

In MK9, you can do an enhanced special move which increases the amount of frames of invincibility for your wake-up attack. This is not the case in Injustice since most of the 'enhanced' versions of special moves only come out after the special move hits.

Another note is that a lot of character's special moves last longer than 8 frames in Injustice. Not everyone has a Lex Corp Charge (b,f+2) which is 6 frames so the entire duraction of the move will be invincible. So a lot of you will notice your wake-up attacks getting 'stuffed' because you lost invincibility after the 8th frame. If you find your opponent is purposely delaying their attack to hit you out of your special move when your invincibility wears off, there's a couple things you can do.

a) Jump: Since their attack isn't 'meaty', meaning they aren't hitting you on the first available frame you can get hit when your getting up, you will have enough frames to get a jump off. Granted you might still get hit, but you will be airbourne and chances are they won't be able to follow up and you can roll away once you hit the ground.

b) b+3 or f+3 mb armor: b+3 and f+3 when activated with meter will gain armor after the 8th frame. So if your opponent is keeps trying to suff your wake-up with delayed attacks, do a b+3 or f+3 mb as soon as you get up to armor out and get a good punish.

Once your opponent realizes they can no longer do delayed attacks to stuff wake-up attacks, they will start blowing you up with meaty attacks as you get up, which opens up you doing your actual wake-up attacks with invincibility on them again.