What's new

Frost General Discussion

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Why do I see ppl complain about her being a cyborg.... Isnt that what the cyber initiative is about? Was this not inevitable? Instead of having a basic human with similar ice powers than human subzero, you now have a mix of cyber moves + sub-zero style moves based on ice powers.
Sounds like a cool direction to me. Especially if you liked Cyber Sub-Zero (you're crazy if u didnt, that's not me talking, thats science)

This may be the best Frost yet. At first i was skeptical when i first saw her new look but over the past few days she grew on me and her gameplay looks really fun

Interesting new take they have on Frost here. In Deadly Alliance and Armageddon, she was little more than a female Sub-Zero, but they've really made her stand out here. I can't wait to try her out.

phnmnl

Noob
NRS has changed some stuff in the past couple of hours. F2 is no longer a mid , but exbd4 now freezes on second hit which makes combos easier to convert.

Last edited:

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
NRS has changed some stuff in the past couple of hours. F2 is no longer a mid , but exbd4 now freezes on second hit which makes combos easier to convert.
Hmm. That was high last night when I got the game from the start. But the 2nd thing is a welcome change

I'm stiill on the fence as to which variant I wanna run outright.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Just been playing around with ‘In Defiance’, pretty fun. If you can get a bomb at their feet and land a grab it’s party time.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Well here is a starting point, which variation do people like? To be honest I personally think the second one, the one with the db4 freeze move, is way better. Just pure utility wise it gives you ways to convert damage. But maybe the bombs of the other one will end up being good enough to be worth using?

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Well here is a starting point, which variation do people like? To be honest I personally think the second one, the one with the db4 freeze move, is way better. Just pure utility wise it gives you ways to convert damage. But maybe the bombs of the other one will end up being good enough to be worth using?
Currently using that one too. I like the extended guaranteed damage. Not sure if bombs are good or gimmicky yet, so I'm starting off with the simplest variation. We need to post more stuff in the combo thread too.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
I've been testing both and I agree that the second one is just better. I love the corner carry in that setup, and then db4 in the corner is lethal.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Tbh we need a creative player to look at the bombs. I will try my best but like for example sonic would take joker or red hood or whoever of those kinds of characters and come out with something silly in 15 minutes. At least the frame data calculator should help.

EDIT: The distance the bombs roll are pretty awkward. Something matchup specific/ gimmicky could be max range b2 close bomb. b2 looks like it has 21 cancel advantage frames on block and bombs have 35 frames of recovery, so it isn't super negative considering how much space you have.

Last edited:
so im guessing either the ps4 version or the pc version is a patch behind the , because i have both and enhanced microburst does something different on each version. Ex MB will just pop the character up on pc, and it will freeze the character on ps4.

is this known? or am i just making a mistake somewhere?

Last edited: