What's new

Frost General Discussion

Outworld Slasher

Cannibalistic Humanoid Fleshpit Dweller
I don't see how anyone could be legitimately disappointed with Frost without coming off as simply entitled; the cyber enhancement is really just an evolution of her arrogant and power-lust driven character. It makes complete sense to me that she'd go cyber, and possibly under Sektor's wing just to reach the pinnacles of her cryomancer abilities, and ultimately to best Sub-Zero in every way possible. Not to mention, there are a million ways the cyborg look could've been worse, and I for one think NRS did a perfect job in keeping to the spirit of who she was in the 3D era while going through with the borg idea. She still looks tomboyish, cute, fierce, and arrogant all at the same time, and I really just love everything about her in this game; the removable head especially, it's a nice body horror touch to the cyborg idea and plays well into a special ability.

Her moves look absolutely killer as well, and I'm digging the strings, but to each their own I guess!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Thanks for the early stuff, I'm glad for the Frost fans on here. Me, I was going to wait I think I'll stick to Subby though. :)

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I don't see how anyone could be legitimately disappointed with Frost without coming off as simply entitled; the cyber enhancement is really just an evolution of her arrogant and power-lust driven character. It makes complete sense to me that she'd go cyber, and possibly under Sektor's wing just to reach the pinnacles of her cryomancer abilities, and ultimately to best Sub-Zero in every way possible. Not to mention, there are a million ways the cyborg look could've been worse, and I for one think NRS did a perfect job in keeping to the spirit of who she was in the 3D era while going through with the borg idea. She still looks tomboyish, cute, fierce, and arrogant all at the same time, and I really just love everything about her in this game; the removable head especially, it's a nice body horror touch to the cyborg idea and plays well into a special ability.

Her moves look absolutely killer as well, and I'm digging the strings, but to each their own I guess!
Look I'm glad people are happy with her but people like me that enjoyed her original design aren't just being entitled. NRS took the character in a whole different direction to the point that she's really something else, for better or for worse. So if you're into her revamp, good on you, I'm not so I'm looking elsewhere for a main. None of that has anything to do "with being entitled".

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Frost looks amazing the only thing she seems to lack is a launching special move but thats just how it seems from the pov of someone who hasnt played yet. she has a very long rage mid, a low start, a string with low and overhead that launches, ice bombs lol im already sold on at least playing her a good amount

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Look I'm glad people are happy with her but people like me that enjoyed her original design aren't just being entitled. NRS took the character in a whole different direction to the point that she's really something else, for better or for worse. So if you're into her revamp, good on you, I'm not so I'm looking elsewhere for a main. None of that has anything to do "with being entitled".
I never really liked Frost in MKDA and tbh this time it looks like I'm gonna main her. I don't want to bring other people's favs down (hell I liked Ashrah who am I to talk lol) but IMO she had nothing going on for her back in the 3D era. Yeah she was a cool idea, which was unfortunately executed terribly. Not a single one of her moves were original to diversify her enough from her male counterpart. She had a similar freeze, similiar slide, similar ice weapons. Honestly for most of the 3D era characters to be back, they would have to be taken in a whole different direction. And the ways they thought of redesigning Frost are absolutely brilliant. She's giving me Alisa Bosconovitch along with her ice powers which is a great way to differentiate her enough from Sub-Zero.
I'm not calling you "entitled" but if you loved the character and wanted her to return let's be real; if they coulnd't come up with a different enough direction, you know damn well she would stay in the lost and forgotten drawer along with Kira, Drahmin, Kai, Nitara, etc lol

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I don't know her special moves or story yet, however, I think turning Frost into the "Cyber Sub-Zero" was a neat idea, because that way you can have both human Subbie and Cyber Subbie without having two Sub-Zeros on the roster.

However, I still hope her special moves are unique enough not to be a Sub-Zero clone again.
BUT PLEASE DON'T SPOIL ME BY CONFIRMING OR DECONFIRMING THIS!
I'd like to find out for myself. ^^

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I never really liked Frost in MKDA and tbh this time it looks like I'm gonna main her. I don't want to bring other people's favs down (hell I liked Ashrah who am I to talk lol) but IMO she had nothing going on for her back in the 3D era. Yeah she was a cool idea, which was unfortunately executed terribly. Not a single one of her moves were original to diversify her enough from her male counterpart. She had a similar freeze, similiar slide, similar ice weapons. Honestly for most of the 3D era characters to be back, they would have to be taken in a whole different direction. And the ways they thought of redesigning Frost are absolutely brilliant. She's giving me Alisa Bosconovitch along with her ice powers which is a great way to differentiate her enough from Sub-Zero.
I'm not calling you "entitled" but if you loved the character and wanted her to return let's be real; if they coulnd't come up with a different enough direction, you know damn well she would stay in the lost and forgotten drawer along with Kira, Drahmin, Kai, Nitara, etc lol
Lol wow man so because you didn't like her original incarnation you think the only option was to turn her into a robot? Like her only path for better iteration is getting a detachable head and blender arms?

Did you play Injustice 2? Look at Supergirl and Superman. One is derivative of the other yet plays distinctly different even with similar ability designs. Injustice 1, Batman and Batgirl... Same thing. None of them, not a one, were turned into robots out of fear of "being forgotten."

It's the direction that NRS wanted to take the character and that's fine. Fans of the OG design aren't all going to jump on board though. I think her robo move set is corny as hell and her getting the cyborg treatment is fucking lame. Some people like it so whatevs. She's not for me anymore, life will go on.

Last edited:

Gritz

Noob
...Look at Supergirl and Superman. One is a derivative of the other yet play distinctly different even with similar ability designs. Injustice 1, Batman and Batgirl... Same thing.

...Fans of the OG design aren't all going to jump on board though. I think her robo move set is corny as hell and her getting the cyborg treatment is fucking lame. Some people like it so whatevs. She's not for me anymore, life will go on.
I completely agree. You're more chill about it than me though. I was really pissed off when I found out about it as I also planned to main her and now I don't even wanna look at her. It's embarrassing. Sub-Zero it is then and hopefully, the rest of the game is better thought out and put together. What a shame.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I completely agree. You're more chill about it than me though. I was really pissed off when I found out about it as I also planned to main her and now I don't even wanna look at her. It's embarrassing. Sub-Zero it is then and hopefully, the rest of the game is better thought out and put together. What a shame.
I was more in my feelings about it yesterday because I've been waiting for her reveal and had been planning on maining her only to have to discover through leaked content that she had been about 90% redesigned. Of which I was 100% not feeling. Like, even a little bit.

So now that the initial disappointment has subsided I'm looking more into some other characters that I had been considering. It's all good man, this game is still looking hella polished. You know what though if I get my own personal hands on her in game and she has some skin options that look less "team Kronika" I still might be able to enjoy her.

Last edited:

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I'm saddened that some of you guys are disappointed with her redesign but I understand that it is quite a big change will not appeal to everyone. HOWEVER, I personally feel that the change is for the better and she looks and plays better than ever. Her redesign was executed in the best way possible by keeping many of her classic traits but further developing her character into something new and fresh.
She kept her bratty arrogant attitude, her tomboy / androgynous aesthetic, her cryomancy, and her crazy hair. All of which, IMO, are what made Frost the character we love. Her being a Cyborg fits well within her character and 100% believe that is a decision that she would make . She has always had a lust for power and a superiority complex so ,of course, she would allow herself to be upgraded into something that is more than mere mortal.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I'm saddened that some of you guys are disappointed with her redesign but I understand that it is quite a big change will not appeal to everyone. HOWEVER, I personally feel that the change is for the better and she looks and plays better than ever. Her redesign was executed in the best way possible by keeping many of her classic traits but further developing her character into something new and fresh.
She kept her bratty arrogant attitude, her tomboy / androgynous aesthetic, her cryomancy, and her crazy hair. All of which, IMO, are what made Frost the character we love. Her being a Cyborg fits well within her character and 100% believe that is a decision that she would make . She has always had a lust for power and a superiority complex so ,of course, she would allow herself to be upgraded into something that is more than mere mortal.
I could refute this but honestly it's pointless. What's done is done. We're just arguing preference at this point. She could've thematically completely still carried all those personality traits further into the cryomancy lineage, ascendancy, medallion, Kung fu mystical ninja shit but instead, it's robots.

NRS changed the flavor and some will like the taste while others like myself, will not.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Lol wow man so because you didn't like her original incarnation you think the only option was to turn her into a robot? Like her only path for better iteration is getting a detachable head and blender arms?

Did you play Injustice 2? Look at Supergirl and Superman. One is derivative of the other yet plays distinctly different even with similar ability designs. Injustice 1, Batman and Batgirl... Same thing. None of them, not a one, were turned into robots out of fear of "being forgotten."

It's the direction that NRS wanted to take the character and that's fine. Fans of the OG design aren't all going to jump on board though. I think her robo move set is corny as hell and her getting the cyborg treatment is fucking lame. Some people like it so whatevs. She's not for me anymore, life will go on.
I never said their only option was to turn her into a robot. But I feel like it gives her a more dangerous and ominous flair. Plus it kinda makes sense that she would turn herself into a cyborg since she wanted all that power and Subby always bested her before her enhacements.
The Supergirl and Batgirl comparison is a bit of a miss tho cause these 2 were already established and loved characters that had bigger chances of appearing. Frost however was unfortunate enough to be introduced during a very uncreative era of MK, during which a lot of newcomers never got much love in order to actually return. She did suffer a lot from the whole power-copy-paste plague so all I'm saying is that taking her to a completely new over the top direction would actually make the creators wanna bring her back. Which they did and frankly it breathed some fresh air into the character.
I get that she's not for everyone now, but she never was (for different reasons back then) and tbh no MK character is. I guess you can just pick up a different character. None of my mains are in this game so I'll have to do the same lol.

Gaxkang

Banned
Heh heh that other fatality is cool.

It does seem evident she does not have her bald head look which is too bad....but otherwise I think she's got an awesome sorta design going with the cybernetic stuff.

MK Led

Umbasa
Found this video of someone playing a long set with her.... can't wait to try her out

nice, thanks for posting this. That projectile shield looks pretty useless though lol. Might be better against some characters but multi-projectile moves go right through it.

No thanks, I prefer my women the same way I prefer my movie monsters, made of flesh and blood, not metal.

Might as well post in here since I won't be able to play the game for months, was watching a playthrough and she shows up pretty early (chapter 4).

But real talk I like the gameplay but it doesn't scream her. Story wise it does, she's power hungry, has been since her first appearance so she would probably go this route if the Dragon Medallion was not in her grasp, it's just I can't put my thumb on it, her gameplay feels like it should belong to a new character inmo.

That's not a knock at NRS, overall they did a good job making old characters feel new again by revamping their gameplay but I feel they missed the mark with Frost on that (but got the bullseye story wise).

Nah, man... She's awful, just Sub Zero with titties...
Pretty sure those are in a garbage bin. Along with the rest of her original body.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
What the actual fuck.....How are people not hyped as fuck to play her. She looks absolutely amazing.

• MKDA Frost was fucking lame. She was a female version of sub-zero with the same style of special moves, and a fairly by-the-book story of a young arrogant apprentice.
  • Cyber Sub-Zero was cooler because he had a more interesting back story with Noob and his refusal of the cyber initiative. His moves had an interesting fusion between Ice and cybernetic enhancements and he really stood out when compared to SZ.
  • CSZ isnt in MK11 but giving his cyber playstyle with a more mature Frost who isnt playing the arrogant apprentice trope anymore, makes for one hell of a cool potential character story and arc.
  • Then, seeing the videos of her moveset just confirms how cool she is. I see A LOT of potential setups, I see potential for insane combos (especially in the corner)
  • Her look is fucking sick. I can see that in the right hands, shes going to be a massive pain in the ass to deal with.
  • The only negative so far is her crappy frame data
  • She just became my new main instead of Noob......until Ermac comes back that is.
TLDR: You're insane if you're actually bitching about her.