What's new

Frost General Discussion

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Can't say that I'm pissed. I've enjoyed NRS's efforts to make designs less derivative as early as Ermac's re-imagining in Deception. And personally, I think the core of what makes Frost appealing is still here. But what makes Frost appealing is different between folks, so I'm truly sorry you can't say the same.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Shes more of a zoner than I originally thought. And those ice dagger normals and strings make me so happy! TBH I'm so glad that she didnt inherit the Klone like many thought she would. I hate that move.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Whew, some of those buttons are lookin goooooood. Love that projectile too. I'm curious to see if she has any real popup/combo potential outside of that low starter string, but I'm not really sure she's gonna need a whole lot either.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Shes more of a zoner than I originally thought. And those ice dagger normals and strings make me so happy! TBH I'm so glad that she didnt inherit the Klone like many thought she would. I hate that move.
I really hope she is not ANOTHER "premier zoner." I've always imagined Frost to be a more aggressive cyromancer compared to Sub-Zero.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
@JSF https://testyourmight.com/threads/got-it-early-anything-you-wanna-know-non-story-related.69061/post-2484134

She's looking really great. Her space control seems phenomenal, she seems to have strong zoning, she's got some very fast and long-ranged normals, and she takes off her own head to use as a bludgeoning weapon. Holy fuck.
She's looking like potential main material here - love the style of the character so far. I'm seeing at least three moves where she uses her head, which is hilarious. Also at least two of her specials look like they'll be great for combos - the spinning sword one in the corner and the outward radiating iceblast one.

She lacks a decent fast mid ... most of her strings have gap and the HEAD BOMB ( which the idea is goofy is hell ) is a mid , not a low. The spin blade is made to make herself safe or for counter pokes . AND to top it all , the Trapping ability ( Core Trap ) is not available in Tournament Variations :\ She's basically Aquaman with a Mid bomb setups and i'm not even sure how does that working out for her ...

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
She takes off her head and throws it at them... Seriously, I was so hyped about this game, and I'm over it before its out. F this, I'm getting my money back. Who the F wanted a cyber Frost... What a joke.
⬆ This !!!
Lol.

-A game where Johnny Cage can rip his own daughters head off and turn her into a puppet.

-Cassie Cage blows a kiss while making a heart inside her opponent's body (or kicking her opponent so hard in the junk their whole skeleton goes through their body.

-"Who hired this guy, what the f*ck?"

-Kotal Kahn turns into a cat

-Johnny Cage bumping into a boom mic between rounds

Frost using her head as a projectile is what makes you want your money back lmfao.

You're really out here giving Mileena fans a run for their money.

Let's not forget when Triborg took off his head and tossed it during his X-Ray in MKX. (Literally a brutality where it knocks the opponent's head off and then somehow triborg can control the opponent's body lmao)

If that destroys your hype. MK ain't the game 4 u dawg. Period.

Gegz

It's all in the game yo'
She lacks a decent fast mid ... most of her strings have gap and the HEAD BOMB ( which the idea is goofy is hell ) is a mid , not a low. The spin blade is made to make herself safe or for counter pokes . AND to top it all , the Trapping ability ( Core Trap ) is not available in Tournament Variations :\ She's basically Aquaman with a Mid bomb setups and i'm not even sure how does that working out for her ...
Yup. Been labbing with her for the past two days and the lack of a fast mid is worrying.

I think you miss understand ... i'm not referring to the '' disturbing '' as horrifying to watch or it gonna turn your stomach ... in terms of combat animation it's just f***ing ridiculous and goofy as hell ! nobody likes these sort of things . people are NOT satisfied with this ... well yeah it's fun for the first times and all but that shit is going to become an eyesore after awhile . i'm pissed cuz i was planning to main her since day 1 ... but now ? it lowered my hype from 10 to 2 .

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Mmkay Frosties time

Her strings

Specials and Var 1

Var 2

Frames

Jacqui intro/outro thinkin she's Bane in the end

Kotal's swords and Totems

Totems followup

Movement example and dashing cancelling (big part of combos)

For what Totems do, he has 4:
Damage boost, health recovery, stamina recovery and damage reduction

I'll post pics of Frost outfits because the outfit vids are the only ones getting taken down and I'd like to keep my channel lol.
Ok finally some Frost gameplay and Tournament Variations and Frame Data!

After looking through all of it I think Frost is incredibly strong although she lacks an overhead starter she has a +2 and +5 normal on block! So she really doesn't need an overhead starter. She also has several high and mud strings that hit overhead/low and one string that hits Low > Mid > Overhead and pops up.

She has CyberSubZero freeze bombs, and a Baraka like advancing ice stab. Really cool grenade like I've projectiles that hitstun for a short time and overall has decent frame data aside from her 9f D1 which is just like Kitanas from mkx without that range. Her D3 is a mid and her D4 is 12f and has good advantage on hit and -4 on block.

Look above

Thank you @TrulyAmiracle for sharing all of this you might just be the most popular TYMer after the past few days.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Here's Frost's frame Data written out!

I know we don't know how most of her moves look yet, but it still might give a good indication on how she'll play:

Enjoy!! :D

Last edited:

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I think you miss understand ... i'm not referring to the '' disturbing '' as horrifying to watch or it gonna turn your stomach ... in terms of combat animation it's just f***ing ridiculous and goofy as hell ! nobody likes these sort of things . people are NOT satisfied with this ... well yeah it's fun for the first times and all but that shit is going to become an eyesore after awhile . i'm pissed cuz i was planning to main her since day 1 ... but now ? it lowered my hype from 10 to 2 .
Girl bye. I'm satisfied with this. So boom. Ya whole point is moot. Stop acting like everyone and their mama is mad at this. Cause they are not.

Don't main her. Main someone else. Don't play the game at all. Do what makes ya happy.

Something I notice a lot in the NRS community, is people make BROAD ass statements. Saying EVERYONE is upset at this, or EVERYONE is against that. "NOBODY likes these sort of things." "PEOPLE are not satisfied with this"

You are wrong.

Wrong. Fel. Incorrecto. Źle. nefas. Falsch

PERIOD. Guess what? My hype went from an 11 to a 13 after seeing Frost gameplay. She's one of my favorite looking characters.

ridiculous and goofy as hell
Yeah. Welcome to Mortal Kombat. The gore itself is ridiculous and goofy as hell. Periodt.

Mileena Fans: Upset their fav didn't make the cut and that another character has her moves (A rational thing to be upset about)
You: Mad Frost has one move you don't like (Besides, isn't that an ability move? I'm pretty positive someone said it's an ability move)