What's new

Frost General Discussion

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
DB3 is eh... and Frost-byte's BF4 is still useless. They should have done something about that.
If anything, I can understand an argument for Frost v2 and v3 not needing breakaway breakers but if anything v1 should have gotten a breakaway breaker on her BF4. It makes perfect sense actually because it's a trade off if you choose to cut your pressure short instead of doing a setup with the bomb

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I tell u what I noticed though with DB3, whiffing it on purpose, elicits a response from the opponent. Leaving them open for a whiff punish. Ive had some success with that strat with different ppl

Wigy

There it is...
Frost V1 change wishlist

-Head bomb is now db4
-She has access to her db2 grenade now
-She doesnt loose access to normals after head bomb
-bf4 is now faster and can be mb on block to be safe with a flawless block gap

Her head bomb and grenade together would give her stronger neutral/zoning control. Approaching would be more difficult, her normals are designed to trip up enemies approaching. Bf4 would have some purpose and mindgames on covering your ass.
B1 being available would mean when you do a setup you can enforce it more easily.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Fun little thing I discovered against Sheeva. When she does her drop from the sky, you can time your microburst (v2) and get her frozen in the air :D

Frost V1 change wishlist

-Head bomb is now db4
-She has access to her db2 grenade now
-She doesnt loose access to normals after head bomb
-bf4 is now faster and can be mb on block to be safe with a flawless block gap

Her head bomb and grenade together would give her stronger neutral/zoning control. Approaching would be more difficult, her normals are designed to trip up enemies approaching. Bf4 would have some purpose and mindgames on covering your ass.
B1 being available would mean when you do a setup you can enforce it more easily.
If they did that, I would pick v1 up in a heartbeat.

FreshFromTheDeli

FrostFromTheDeli
The real problem with her armour break move is the fact her main launcher (B32D1) leaves Frost so slow to do a follow up that the opponent can breakaway in that very moment you commit to the full string. If you predict the opponent will do a fast breakaway before the third hit you're still giving up a full combo just to predict a breakaway.

NappyNuisance

Irritatingly Noir
Is this thing from HeyGeorge useful/practical? It looks cool to me, but I know nothing about Frost so I'm not sure how much of this actually likely in a real match.

https://twitter.com/Heeyge0rge/status/1267560337118834688
It's all practical, been using all these combos since patch, just gotta learn when your opponent likes to break. Mashers tend to break early so sometimes you can get an armor break combo mid screen if you do B32 into cyber head but it's a pretty hard read.

Wigy

There it is...
The new maps have some guaranteed freezes off the interactable with her core overload thing.

soul chamber- from starting position:

Core overload mb- j2 b32d1 dash b1 bf1 mb dash b1 interactable half dash d2 j3 d2

kronikas tower has potential. Its tricky to land that interactable though. I would prefer a setup there where you hit them with the time freeze rock. Popped core overload, did a combo then oki would be timed to have the core explosion go off

very situational but worth mentioning i guess

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Frost v2 can now get close to 450 damage midscreen

b22 bf4 kb dash b1db4 mb j2 13 bf4

Last edited: