What's new

Frost General Discussion

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
DB3 is eh... and Frost-byte's BF4 is still useless. They should have done something about that.
If anything, I can understand an argument for Frost v2 and v3 not needing breakaway breakers but if anything v1 should have gotten a breakaway breaker on her BF4. It makes perfect sense actually because it's a trade off if you choose to cut your pressure short instead of doing a setup with the bomb

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I tell u what I noticed though with DB3, whiffing it on purpose, elicits a response from the opponent. Leaving them open for a whiff punish. Ive had some success with that strat with different ppl

Wigy

There it is...
Frost V1 change wishlist

-Head bomb is now db4
-She has access to her db2 grenade now
-She doesnt loose access to normals after head bomb
-bf4 is now faster and can be mb on block to be safe with a flawless block gap

Her head bomb and grenade together would give her stronger neutral/zoning control. Approaching would be more difficult, her normals are designed to trip up enemies approaching. Bf4 would have some purpose and mindgames on covering your ass.
B1 being available would mean when you do a setup you can enforce it more easily.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Fun little thing I discovered against Sheeva. When she does her drop from the sky, you can time your microburst (v2) and get her frozen in the air :D

Frost V1 change wishlist

-Head bomb is now db4
-She has access to her db2 grenade now
-She doesnt loose access to normals after head bomb
-bf4 is now faster and can be mb on block to be safe with a flawless block gap

Her head bomb and grenade together would give her stronger neutral/zoning control. Approaching would be more difficult, her normals are designed to trip up enemies approaching. Bf4 would have some purpose and mindgames on covering your ass.
B1 being available would mean when you do a setup you can enforce it more easily.
If they did that, I would pick v1 up in a heartbeat.

FreshFromTheDeli

FrostFromTheDeli
The real problem with her armour break move is the fact her main launcher (B32D1) leaves Frost so slow to do a follow up that the opponent can breakaway in that very moment you commit to the full string. If you predict the opponent will do a fast breakaway before the third hit you're still giving up a full combo just to predict a breakaway.

NappyNuisance

Irritatingly Noir
Is this thing from HeyGeorge useful/practical? It looks cool to me, but I know nothing about Frost so I'm not sure how much of this actually likely in a real match.

https://twitter.com/Heeyge0rge/status/1267560337118834688
It's all practical, been using all these combos since patch, just gotta learn when your opponent likes to break. Mashers tend to break early so sometimes you can get an armor break combo mid screen if you do B32 into cyber head but it's a pretty hard read.

Wigy

There it is...
The new maps have some guaranteed freezes off the interactable with her core overload thing.

soul chamber- from starting position:

Core overload mb- j2 b32d1 dash b1 bf1 mb dash b1 interactable half dash d2 j3 d2

kronikas tower has potential. Its tricky to land that interactable though. I would prefer a setup there where you hit them with the time freeze rock. Popped core overload, did a combo then oki would be timed to have the core explosion go off

very situational but worth mentioning i guess

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Frost v2 can now get close to 450 damage midscreen

b22 bf4 kb dash b1db4 mb j2 13 bf4

Last edited:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
lol WTF is the tech against Frost Byte, it always looks so unstoppable on video
This game caters to corner combos. And if you throw a setup in the mix, game over. In the corner, Frost-byte is probably top 3. I also used anti-breakaway tech in that video...

You can't breakaway from an Ice bomb into a 2nd ice bomb's pop-up. Pop-ups from double-ice freezes are literally un-breakaway-able in this game. Try it out with Sub Zero too.

After I froze Chernyy in the corner, I did Ji3 into 2nd bomb pop-up (they can't break), then I hit with S4 (they break), but I so S4 into KB to negate their armor.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
No one knows that you can't use breakaway against a double-freeze pop-up. Try it out with Sub-Zero or Frost-byte. Free damage from 2nd freeze pop-up. I think I've optimized this with Frost-byte, but I know Avalanche Sub can really benefit as well. A jump kick "immediately" before/into a double-freeze pop-up also can't be broken and it scales damage less.

Just like here. They can't breakaway after the 2nd bomb pop-up. Then I do S4 and they breakaway into my Fatal Blow.

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I was playing with this when Ultimate was on consoles but not PC. One of my corner combos no longer works or at least way too hard to hit on most characters. I finally hit it a couple of times on SZ specifically on PS4 so I thought maybe was just me off timing on consoles and a different monitor. I can't do it on PC now either.

I was doing b32 d1, 13 Auger, 13 MB Auger, 4, bladespin. Now the second 13 whiffs the s1. There was some very specific timing involved, but it worked fairly reliably, but not really at all now.

While they were different I was able to compare doing them side by side. Everything seemed the same with frames. All stuns and advantages seemed to line up. They seemed to fall at the same rates (had to adjust for the 4f getup change since they don't normally hit the floor when doing the full combo, but letting them gave me frame info)

I couldn't find an explanation for it, and it seems like maybe her s1 hitbox was adjusted but I don't see that listed on the patch notes. I don't think it matters given I don't think it's what other people do and probably wasn't true optimal, but I now have to see what other people do in the corner off of b3.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
"I was doing b32 d1, 13 Auger, 13 MB Auger, 4, bladespin. Now the second 13 whiffs the s1."

I've never done or seen this combo before. I usually end with B1 instead of S4 because B1 it's the same damage and faster to come out. I usually do B32D1, 13 auger, 13 MB auger, B1-spin for 353 damage consistently.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
"I was doing b32 d1, 13 Auger, 13 MB Auger, 4, bladespin. Now the second 13 whiffs the s1."

I've never done or seen this combo before. I usually end with B1 instead of S4 because B1 it's the same damage and faster to come out. I usually do B32D1, 13 auger, 13 MB auger, B1-spin for 353 damage consistently.
I think we both mean b32d1. I wasn't sure how to best write it. I just mean the full b3 string

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
What would you guys recommend as a third slot in a variation with Auger and Icequake?

I really do hate how Burrowing Auger costs 2 slots.