What's new

Frost General Discussion

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If the hitbox issue is resolved, and her new buffs, what's stopping this character now from being viable? Genuine question. You always had the range in general, and gaps was a weakness, but these buffs seem to compensate for a lot.

For example, with your +15 on hit D1, you now have a legitimate frame trap with B1 mid, S3 string, or throw on a D1 hit. So you can like what, go max damage string, go fully safe string on block and medium damage string, or go 50/50 throw which has a KB attached to both directions of it?? This alone seems like a massive upgrade to what was originally her worst area of play.

I have a lot more thoughts, a lot, but she's looking a lot better now than before to say the least.

For sure she's at least playable now, i have tried that b1 and it's godlike, so good to finally have something more fast to do after d1. She's is playing mk11 now a bit more for sure.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
IMO she did get better but right off the rip she still suffers issues. And it looks like FrostByte is still...eh. I’ll need to lab hard to be sure but even using her last night still seemed troubling

Reactions: JSF

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Anyone know how the hitbox changed on head bomb. Seems the same trash?
I was trying to figure it out too. First thing i checked was how it works in corner. Still whiffs. I think they should just have made it it’s roll as far overall

Wigy

There it is...
I was trying to figure it out too. First thing i checked was how it works in corner. Still whiffs. I think they should just have made it it’s roll as far overall
Maybe aerial hitbox?

I'd labbed it and noticed the hitbox seemed small when opponent was in hitstun. Maybe that has been changed?

Wigy

There it is...
I don't understand the microburst change.

It's like they couldn't be fucked fixing the hitbox so were like lol let's just make it safe on whiff.

Cryo crown seems just as buns but maybe the newfound footsie pressure game will make the variation good.

Xzyj

Noob
I don't understand the microburst change.

It's like they couldn't be fucked fixing the hitbox so were like lol let's just make it safe on whiff.

Cryo crown seems just as buns but maybe the newfound footsie pressure game will make the variation good.
i found a combo that uses meterless microburts in the corner to extend, with second hit whiffing but it's pretty much useless lol

Wigy

There it is...
B32db4 now links in the corner for a combo.

Leads to 330 in the corner for a bar. Not sure what good this is but hey.

Also 2 frames faster recovery means plus 7 not plus 5. This means a 4 frame B12.

344 burst in the corner. Fuck doing a proper launcher combo.

Also go look at pushback on b1. Might be minus 8 but so much space most character guna get blown up by backdash b22.

It's our time boiz

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Guys can folks go do her db3 in combos. I swear it's more plus. I didn't see that in notes.

Like I swear 4db3 could not link into 13

43 db3 344 is now a 10/10 link i swear it used to be tighter

Also slightly better d2 KB combo.

D2 b1 mb burst, j2 4 bf4. 400 ish damage. Unsafe on rollout tho

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Guys can folks go do her db3 in combos. I swear it's more plus. I didn't see that in notes.

Like I swear 4db3 could not link into 13

43 db3 344 is now a 10/10 link i swear it used to be tighter

Also slightly better d2 KB combo.

D2 b1 mb burst, j2 4 bf4. 400 ish damage. Unsafe on rollout tho
Could be that whole hit region thing that they buffed. Makes some of the moves and strings easier to connect to each other.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Hey guys why even discuss the character let's just say she's the worst in the game and be done with it :DOGE
I don’t need to discuss what I already know. I didn’t say she didn’t get better. She got 1 really good change and 1 other helpful change with poke advantage. All her other problems didn’t get fixed, hell her poke problem still didn’t get fixed lol

Can someone check if s1 now connects from both sides on scorpion regular teleport on block? (yes, i know it's a high now)

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
I know it's kinda early but is it worth picking her up now? Have her issues been resolved?
play her if you like her or enjoy playing her, if you are looking for her to be high or mid tier then i would suggest not to. you can play kabal or cassie or another character that can do mid range footsie play, zoning, similar or more damage and is better up close

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Can’t wait to hit the lab anyone sussed the crown buff yet?
seems like it was for situations in the corner where close crown would go off screen and now it will hit them properly and not disappear. Probably has some good corner set up potential.

Wigy

There it is...
seems like it was for situations in the corner where close crown would go off screen and now it will hit them properly and not disappear. Probably has some good corner set up potential.
The crown still whiffs in the corner after df2 for proper setups

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don’t need to discuss what I already know. I didn’t say she didn’t get better. She got 1 really good change and 1 other helpful change with poke advantage. All her other problems didn’t get fixed, hell her poke problem still didn’t get fixed lol
I imagine you are always going to think she's the worst

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
I imagine you are always going to think she's the worst
because you assume and dont ask. you have not once asked why i think she is the worst or what i believe would make her a good or top tier character.
i apologize for being rational and not delusional and not getting excited for 1 and a half buffs when she had 5 major problems preventing her from being a great character.

Xzyj

Noob
because you assume and dont ask. you have not once asked why i think she is the worst or what i believe would make her a good or top tier character.
i apologize for being rational and not delusional and not getting excited for 1 and a half buffs when she had 5 major problems preventing her from being a great character.
I think some self-reflection might have very positive effects on you, you seem to be way over your head with "best frost" and "not being delusional" but at the same time you're saying that she's not even a mid-tier post-patch, feels like you just downplay her for the sake of it and without considering her strong assets

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
I think some self-reflection might have very positive effects on you, you seem to be way over your head with "best frost" and "not being delusional" but at the same time you're saying that she's not even a mid-tier post-patch, feels like you just downplay her for the sake of it and without considering her strong assets
you can always play me or watch my matches if you disagree. there arent many Frost mains so saying im the best isnt saying much. she was the worst character in the game before the patch if you dont think she was at least bottom 2 prepatch then you just dont understand the character as well as i do. its ok to disagree with someone but when im telling you i know something as fact maybe you should investigate it instead of just assuming i dont know what im talking about. ive been deep into NRS games since INJ1 and have been able to accurately identify the top and low tier characters in every game even when others disagreed with me so you saying this is no different.

also i can prove everything im saying lol i literally have videos showing her issues. im not just blindy saying shit.