What's new

Frost General Discussion

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I recently played her at Otakon in casuals. I didn’t realize it was also the pre patch version on one of the setups. Like no day 1 patch, b22 string being + was useful but she generally still suffers so I have active proof she wouldn’t be OP with that returned to how it was. Microburst not freezing sucked though lol

I played on the patched setup too and though about half the people I played were newer or entirely inexperienced I was still getting hit a lot more via their panic or “accident” than I would with scorpion. She needs tweaks so bad. She’s currently my secondary that I rarely use in real matches. Especially considering the top or higher tier character pool I tend to face

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Going to EVO this weekend. Probably gonna scorpion all the way through save for casuals. I’m not confident in her at all regarding bracket play

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
I can’t tell how much faster it is but I’m pretty sure b1 got buffed!!!
Hopefully that’s just the beginning of her buffs and we see more tomorrow.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
woaw what...the patch was released?
no i was watching a video of nightwolf gameplay (presumably the newst patch) and it was vs frost AI and her b1 was visually faster i even compared it to mine in practice mode.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Frost Official Patch changes:

Frost - Headbutt (Away + Front Punch) startup is now 11 frames (was 16), recovers 8 frames faster
• Frost - Freezer Burn (Away + Front Punch, Back Punch) recovers 13 frames faster
• Frost - Blizzard (Away + Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Punch) is now a high, has 5 less frames of blockstun, reduced pushback, and had its hit region adjusted
• Frost - Frigid Palm (Down + Front Punch) startup is now 8 frames (was 9), recovery on hit increased by 1 frame, recovery on block/miss reduced by 2 frames, and hitstun increased by 5 frames
• Frost - Chest Cold (Down + Front Kick) recovery on block reduced by 2 frames, recovery on miss increased by 1 frame, hitstun increased by 1 frame, and had its hit region adjusted
• Frost - Microburst recovers 2 frames faster, and recovers significantly faster if the 2nd attack misses
• Frost - Cryogenic Crown’s explosion had its hit region increased
• Frost - Glacier Calving recovers 5 frames faster, and shield duration is 2 seconds (from 1.5 seconds)
• Frost - Glacier Calving amplified recovers 1 frame faster and shield duration is 3 seconds (from 2 seconds)
• Frost - Fixed issue that allowed Frosted Uppercut (Down + Back Punch) to be cancelled into Fatal Blow on the first active frame

b1 is 11f d1 is 8f
Basically they just fixed the b123 string and gave d3 some range it sounds like. minot buffs to shield, microburst and head bomb. i wish b2 was sped up but these are some changes she needed to be on the select screen lol

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Big buffs here folks

• Adjustment to victim regions during many hit reactions

• Adjustment to crouching victim regions for all characters except Baraka, Kabal, Kollector, Kotal Kahn, Liu Kang

These two general changes are going to really change up the game and I think it's going to do wonders for Frost.

Her S1 still has bad range but it will actually hit characters in hitstun from your pokes. This change also allows us to combo from her DB3 in the corner consistently from different strings on both female and male characters. DB3 doesn't grant big combos but now Frostbyte gets to have some small combos that grant oki with a newly improved Cyro-Bomb and Ice Machine gets more combo paths/meterless combo options.

Damn it, that's not the right video, but the only real difference besides being cleaner was that I did 344~DB3, D1~DF1 as a combo.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
B1 being 11f puts her on the select screen for sure so I’m just happy she’s finally usable but she’s probably still the worst character in the game. She gets slightly more damage on bnbs now with b12 spin which is dope and auger is now kinda useless lol

• Frost - Cryogenic Crown’s explosion had its hit region increased

Let's fucking go
Still you cant setup a bomb in the corner after most common strings (b12, b22, 12), so for me it's a meh. Still no reason at all to play Frost-byte over ice machine.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
I know it's kinda early but is it worth picking her up now? Have her issues been resolved?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I know it's kinda early but is it worth picking her up now? Have her issues been resolved?
I think most people agree that her biggest issue was her poking game. A D1 on hit granted you.... B4... or another D1. B1 being significantly faster is a big deal, and she has safe DF2 to cancel B12 into. And the aforementioned highs now jailing after pokes. She still has slow pokes but now she has a great mid to check people up close.

b12 is safe, and b121 ends in a high but you cant duck it, it jails. Of course b12 df3 is still safe.

Actually from hot garbage now it became one of the best strings in the game.

Wigy

There it is...
She's way stronger. Her plus frames are actually useful so you can go into pressure loop grab mindgames- for days
I don't know what her d3 change was. Gets lowprofiled the same and range is buns