What's new

Frost General Discussion

22 is +5, didnt realize that. Thats actually pretty sick. As long as u dont get poked during the first 2 lol
Potential for all variations
Yeah you are +5, problem is, what's the follow up? Her fastest non-mid starter is 16 frames, so with perfect frame input it becomes 11. What is preventing your opp from just poking back? Basically the best you can get after +5 is a poke.

Wigy

There it is...
Look at the video I posted couple pages back. After 22 on block You can micro backdash into b2 and whiff punish them even for d1s. Regularly get the crushing blow this way.

Once they catch on they start jumping. You get an easy antiair with the spacing. If not they block, then you can grab.

Last edited:
was playing KL the other day (with Frost obviously) and was doing back B22 into spin blade since it leaves you safe. iI noticed the fear of the extended spin blade made my opponent scared to press right away and a character unfamiliarity left him stand blocking. I was able to frame challenge with 13 into a full combo. obviously anybody who knows the matchup wouldn't stand block frost. what if spin Blade was 0 on block or even -2 just to challenge those 9frame mid characters. I feel like 13, neutral jump, or grab mind game would be a thing.

Seriously They need to buff her b121 string by making it 11 frames ( from 16 ) and remove some of her gaps like b22 + fixing her whiffing issues. And these are all she need to become viable... She literally can't deal with pressure up close because of how trashy her pokes and frames are.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
is it even possible to punish subs slide? my d1 into spin blade whiffs or gets poked out of all the time...
Yea but it's tight online. His slide is -20 so the best option midscreen is to go for:

B12~DB4(amp) > J2 > B32D1 > B12~BF4 = apprx 302 dmg

B1 is 16 frames. B3 also is 16 frames but doesnt lead to as much dmg midscreen

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Played a frost last night that got me 100000x times with ending combos with the spin move, then doing a quick low poke after. No matter how fast I poked after the spin, hers came our faster than mine. Tried D1, D3, D4, and I got poked and lost my turn right away, sometimes resulting in a double kounter hit reset, but mostly my poke was wiffing and Frost's was hitting.

Idk if it was a frame trap or a hitbox issue. My brain felt like it was going to melt. Is this some kinda Frost tech? I was using Noob.
The connection was great, and I was timing my poke as fast as possible. IDK what the hell was happening.

Played a frost last night that got me 100000x times with ending combos with the spin move, then doing a quick low poke after. No matter how fast I poked after the spin, hers came our faster than mine. Tried D1, D3, D4, and I got poked and lost my turn right away, sometimes resulting in a double kounter hit reset, but mostly my poke was wiffing and Frost's was hitting.

Idk if it was a frame trap or a hitbox issue. My brain felt like it was going to melt. Is this some kinda Frost tech? I was using Noob.
The connection was great, and I was timing my poke as fast as possible. IDK what the hell was happening.
It works similar to Jade butterfly (the move that hits you with the staff multiple times). That move is unsafe but very hard to punish or even win a poke. Reason is animation last longer than actual hits. You have to press buttons when the animation is still running, that why it's so hard to deal with.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
It works similar to Jade butterfly (the move that hits you with the staff multiple times). That move is unsafe but very hard to punish or even win a poke. Reason is animation last longer than actual hits. You have to press buttons when the animation is still running, that why it's so hard to deal with.
So it is most def the timing of my poke back that was the issue?

Man I kept timing it quicker and quicker and quicker and the closest I ever got was a double kounter lol.
Think this was intentional or poor game development?

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
So it is most def the timing of my poke back that was the issue?

Man I kept timing it quicker and quicker and quicker and the closest I ever got was a double kounter lol.
Think this was intentional or poor game development?
the move is -4 so online thats like 0 on block. take it to the lab and practice it. if your d1/d3 is more than 7 frames its gonna be hard plus if she mashes d3 after she has a wonky hitbox so you might just whiff. if you have a 9f mid use that right after if not use d1 if you time it right you'll hit her every time. its a gimmick but she needs it

Wigy

There it is...
Right.

I said this ages ago and thought maybe I just need to get used to it. But holy shit her jump ins are absolutely trash.

Her j1 needs to be done so fucking close to the ground it's not funny. Any poke will low profile. Horizontal range is absolutely non existent, so NJPs on oki have to start from on top of them.

Another like D tier part of her kit. Really sucks. You just have to jk like every time unless you have a meaty Oki setup for it and they don't U2 you

More just venting frustrating as everyone knows where frost is. But idk lack of jump ins also kills her a bit with blowing up poke mash.

Right.

I said this ages ago and thought maybe I just need to get used to it. But holy shit her jump ins are absolutely trash.

Her j1 needs to be done so fucking close to the ground it's not funny. Any poke will low profile. Horizontal range is absolutely non existent, so NJPs on oki have to start from on top of them.

Another like D tier part of her kit. Really sucks. You just have to jk like every time unless you have a meaty Oki setup for it and they don't U2 you

More just venting frustrating as everyone knows where frost is. But idk lack of jump ins also kills her a bit with blowing up poke mash.
your absolutely right, her j1 trash range for sure, her j2 timing feels super strict, and jump kick kinda stubby too. i never feel comfortable being airborne with frost. I usually try to play a very grounded game with her lol.

Yeah, she's weak in that department too, but still you have to use them sometimes or gl opening people up. I have to say that when that shitty j2 connect and you go full combo just feels amazing. Who cares, jump in on their assess (sometimes.. mb once or two times x round xD)

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I've been trying to get better at Flawless block (Fb)~U2 and I get 290 dmg with Liu Kang for a total of 3 bars (1 def, 2 att)

So I've been trying to do the same with Frost only to realize you might as well not waste the bars doing an U2 after a Fb because her dmg is sub-par, and it has a high chance of dropping since it's a tight link.
I HOPE someone here has found something better but thus far, using some inspiration from @Xzyj, I got this after a flawless block:

U2 > quick dash > B3~DB4(amp) > dash > JiK > D2

Congrats, you used a total of 3 bars (1 def, 2 att) and got a mind blowing 219 dmg......but it probably dropped anyway so at least you looked cool doing the U2 :coffee:

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Every time I use her now I get waxed. Was in a KOTH game last night. Using scorpion. Not even reborn. Searing rage. Room was free. Rotation comes back around and I pick Frost. Got free’d up and half the time these guys don’t even know the matchup they just accidentally avoid or disrespect her buttons lol

Reactions: JSF

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Every time I use her now I get waxed. Was in a KOTH game last night. Using scorpion. Not even reborn. Searing rage. Room was free. Rotation comes back around and I pick Frost. Got free’d up and half the time these guys don’t even know the matchup they just accidentally avoid or disrespect her buttons lol
That’s my biggest issue. I don’t mind playing a mid tier character or one with flaws but she’s so bad that players you are better than who don’t know the matchup can beat you. You have to severely outplay your opponent to win or be in one of her few favorable matchups

That’s my biggest issue. I don’t mind playing a mid tier character or one with flaws but she’s so bad that players you are better than who don’t know the matchup can beat you. You have to severely outplay your opponent to win or be in one of her few favorable matchups
I honestly thought cassie was here worst match up but I'm thinking Jaqui takes the cake. I can't press any buttons on her and she easily steals her turn back from frost once you start doubting if you should poke or tech.

With rushdown character with frost i try to zone, spacing and befriend the block button hard. W8 for the inevitable throw and if you hard read it go for a punish, that's it. Vs cassie is just a nightmare, you can't even zone her so yeah. Sometimes i see people doing wake up buttons and i cry a little inside.