What's new

Frost General Discussion

Aside from balance stuff, being completely honest I feel kinda disappointed with the character gameplay. Being a cyber sub main in mkx with low expectations of seeing someone like him, when I saw her moves in the first videos my hype went over the roof. But now, even tough we try out hardest to make her work, she feels very lackluster.

Variation 2 is a crappy subzero with everything worse, and freezing opponents in melee range after hit confirming is not satisfying at all.. And variation 1 is so bad that it feels like you are playing handicapped.
I also have the feeling that her moves don't really synergyze. Custom moves don't really help also, useless and uninspired. It's a shame, I have the feeling that they didn't know witch direction to take (trap, zoner, setup character?) and now is a mix of random stuff mediocre in every aspect.

Not an NRS hates, complete opposite, I believe they did an outstanding job in most things, but maybe is just me that expected something else.

Any tips on playing cassie? her low shot seems to come out faster then shield plus bf2. I can't really throw out db2 which is faster against Cassie due to the hitbox on that low shot as well.

ill fight the Frost Kang matchup and just zone, it usually works out because most online players in this game have no idea how to deal with good zoning. it is pretty crazy that his flying kick is safe on block at max range against her though
Ill try to do that. My zooning with her is shit however and to be honest i have not faith in his zooning tools overall. I mean, it's good, but boring af. But yeah, zooning is something that i still suck at it

So I've been in the lab just working on oki.

Off her corner bnb b32d1 b32d1 344 df2. Or really any ender where you hit df2 with them lowish.
That combo is pretty hard, 1-2 frame links. I can't even do it consistently in practice mode. I go for:

b32d1 b32+db4mb njk 12+bf4 (318 dmg 1 bar), very easy
b32d1 22 12+db4mb jik+df2 (336 dmg 1 bar), a little harder.

My execution is not the best, so I usually prioritize safe damage over optimals.

Wigy

There it is...
That combo is pretty hard, 1-2 frame links. I can't even do it consistently in practice mode. I go for:

b32d1 b32+db4mb njk 12+bf4 (318 dmg 1 bar), very easy
b32d1 22 12+db4mb jik+df2 (336 dmg 1 bar), a little harder.

My execution is not the best, so I usually prioritize safe damage over optimals.
That's not a 1 frame link I can do it 9/10 times in the corner. I can even do it midscreen about 7/10 against males.

You won't ever land many naked b32d1s outside of jump in punches punishing wakeups. So using a freeze mid combo is unlikely.

If you want an easy combo just starter-db4 b32d2 22 13 df2

Wigy

There it is...
Can also do starter db4- jk 4db3 344df2

Does the second highest damage after the one you have trouble with and is marginally easier

Wigy

There it is...
The only thing that i noticed is that his corpse can outzone her pretty easily.
When he doesn't have meter you can dash back and fourth popping grenades to at least force him to guess where to put the corpse. That matchup in general pay attention to meter cause he can't do much without it against your zoning.

When he doesn't have meter you can dash back and fourth popping grenades to at least force him to guess where to put the corpse. That matchup in general pay attention to meter cause he can't do much without it against your zoning.
Man your tips helped me a lot in a few shang matches!!!! They try to fish for the overhead so the spacing grenades work good. Up close i feel his string are better so yeah, for now zoning him is a good strat.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I just love the inconsistency of her B121....so fresh!

Ive been messing around with Frost-Byte and i realized that the game essentially ends up being a whole bunch of grabs since you rarely freeze the opponent for a significant combo and the rest of her midscreen combos are basic B22~Spin or B32D1,13~Axe.
The good thing is that the Bomb + your projectiles + your F2, really allow you to control the map............for you to grab yay!

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I just love the inconsistency of her B121....so fresh!

Ive been messing around with Frost-Byte and i realized that the game essentially ends up being a whole bunch of grabs since you rarely freeze the opponent for a significant combo and the rest of her midscreen combos are basic B22~Spin or B32D1,13~Axe.
The good thing is that the Bomb + your projectiles + your F2, really allow you to control the map............for you to grab yay!
I really enjoy (and thus far online 100% main) Frost-Byte, but I’d trade axe for Ice auger. You’d lose midscreen/screen oki options, but I think the threat of damage would be worth it. Realistically I think they need to improve crown’s hitbox or make it 1 slot as is (but incompatible with microburst... too much dirt imo)

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
They could make the crown one slot and give her the bf1 gear move that's a launcher.

Would give her excellent space control with a mid projectile.
Yeah that’s the ice auger iirc that would definitely work as I said

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah that’s the ice auger iirc that would definitely work as I said
Yeah it would really compliment the head bomb.

Main issue with that variation is lack of grenades really kills her space control.

BF1 would really help there and she can get some actual damage.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Ill try to do that. My zooning with her is shit however and to be honest i have not faith in his zooning tools overall. I mean, it's good, but boring af. But yeah, zooning is something that i still suck at it
her zoning style is different from most but you have to be able to make reads with her moves or else they'll just duck and walk you down.
How do u guys feel about the Shang mu? Seems awfully bad lol
its terrible on paper and in practiec. he does everything she can do just better and he can do things well that shes terrible at

phnmnl

Noob
Anyone got tips on the cassie matchup? I feel she excels everywhere where frost is good and I get washed everytime.

Wigy

There it is...
Anyone got tips on the cassie matchup? I feel she excels everywhere where frost is good and I get washed everytime.
If you get midrange you can stop her spamming low gunshot nonstop with reversal bf4. It's risky but if it lands you get to put her in the corner which is good for frost against anyone.

Only mu advise I can think of. Get her in the corner and keep it there.

FreshFromTheDeli

FrostFromTheDeli
Frost-Byte Variation Tech

• BF4, dash forward, DB3B (close version of cryo head) into grab is a sure fire way to get the freeze to go off leading to full combo.

• 223/22BF4 is a legit mixup. It is easy to react to because of the active frames of BF4 if you have done it once in the match already. That's when you don't finish the string and grab or hop attack to keep them on their toes.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem

• BF4, dash forward, DB3B (close version of cryo head) into grab is a sure fire way to get the freeze to go off leading to full combo.

• 223/22BF4 is a legit mixup. It is easy to react to because of the active frames of BF4 if you have done it once in the match already. That's when you don't finish the string and grab or hop attack to keep them on their toes.
22 is +5, didnt realize that. Thats actually pretty sick. As long as u dont get poked during the first 2 lol
Potential for all variations

FreshFromTheDeli

FrostFromTheDeli
22 is +5, didnt realize that. Thats actually pretty sick. As long as u dont get poked during the first 2 lol
Potential for all variations
It's slow on startup and the first hit is a high but otherwise yes, it has potential in 'Ice Machine' variation too.

Wigy

There it is...

That first one is a sure fire way to get full punished.