What's new

Freddy combo thread

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
WITH METER (1 bar or x-ray as noted):

best damage: f4, 2, 1, ex spike, teleport, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike, far spike = 52%

low starter: b3, 3, ex spike, half dash, jip, b1, 2, u1, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike = 46%

overhead starter: b2, close spike, ex spike, short dash, jip, b1, 2, u1, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike = 47%

x-ray: b1, 2, u1, stance+1, dash, f4, 2, 1, x-ray = 53%

unbreakable ending: (any opening into): close spike, mid spike, far spike, ex spike, glove toss = ~30%

corner best damage: f4, 2, 1, ex spike, f4, 2, 1, close spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 58%

corner low starter: b3, 3, ex spike, f4, 2, 1, close spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 49%

corner overhead starter: b2, ex spike, f4, 2, 1, close spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 53%

corner x-ray: b1, 2, u1, stance+1, back dash, f4, 2, 1, close spike, f4, 2, 1, x-ray = 58%
If you time it correctly, you can add a second far spike in the low-starter combo for 48% damage instead of 46...

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
My new bnb midscreen: b1,2,u1-nightmare stance,1-dash-b2-f4,2-EX hellsplike-jip-f4,2,1-med hellspike-far hellspike-far hellspike: 52%

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I'm going to add something to the stuff I wrote above:
The no-meter combos at the top of the list are going to be (IMHO) Freddy's go-to combos, and here's why: on any one of those combos, you can replace the final ground spike with an ex spike followed by a teleport forward while your opponent is stumbling. This gives you a free reset opportunity using any of his 50/50 options. That means you can do a combo for anywhere from 35-40%, end in ex ground spike, teleport forward, and continue mixup pressure.

Example:
jip, b1, 2, u1, stance+1, dash b2, f4, 2, 1, far spike, ex spike (43%)
(teleport forward while stunned)
(overhead 50/50) b2, close spike, short dash, b2, short dash, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike (34%)
or
(low 50/50) b3, close spike, short dash, b2, short dash, f4, 2, 1, far spike, far spike (32%)

Also note: since Freddy's combos wall carry so well, odds are that somewhere toward the end of the first combo or beginning of the second, you're probably going to have access to corner combos, as well.
Ya my main combo without meter is 36%.

I believe it is b1,2,up1-nm stance 1-dash-b2-f4,2,1-medium hellspike-far hellspike-far hellspike.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
After some further lab testing with the combo I discovered, it seems that it's not a viable combo. It only works in the corner against Sheeva and the bosses (minus Shang). The only reason being is the fact that they have a taller hitbox so the EX Sweet Dreams will only hit them before they recover.

Also regarding the recording in the training room. It's really buggy at times. It only records your inputs and nothing else. I have tried saving the recording only to play it back and it seems to drop the combo midway through. Usually on the 3rd hit of the first F421 string. Oh well continue on the lab.
This happens to me all the time and I hate it. I have not found a way to combo into sweet dreams. I don't know if it is possible because the move is so slow. I think it is just designed to hit the opponent and then combo. I hope I am wrong, but if I am not it makes sence that Freddy could not do this beacuse that would just be ridiculious.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I dont consider anything with EN BnB, but holy crap. Thats ridiculous.
Me too. However Freddy seems to be really dependent on meter almost like Quan chi. Almost all of Freddy's bnb combos have an EX move in them because thats just the kind of character he is. I main Reptile and hardly ever use his EX moves so it is a little different using a character who relize on meter so much. Either way, Freddy is awesome.

Ulturas

Noob
Me too. However Freddy seems to be really dependent on meter almost like Quan chi. Almost all of Freddy's bnb combos have an EX move in them because thats just the kind of character he is. I main Reptile and hardly ever use his EX moves so it is a little different using a character who relize on meter so much. Either way, Freddy is awesome.
It's not too bad because he build's meter VERY quickly I think is the main reason using Ex moves are viable with him. There are a few 40+% meterless combos though that are pretty easily doable.

This happens to me all the time and I hate it. I have not found a way to combo into sweet dreams. I don't know if it is possible because the move is so slow. I think it is just designed to hit the opponent and then combo. I hope I am wrong, but if I am not it makes sence that Freddy could not do this beacuse that would just be ridiculious.
The regular sweet dream version is really slow and is probably designed for resets and counters. The EX version just needs to be a tad bit faster so that it can be used in combos since it does require 1 bar. Plus once the damage scaling is fixed then it would definitely become a viable option to maximize the damage potential of the combo.

Just wanted to add a nice strategy that I haven't seen anyone mention yet:

If you land a ranged ground spike on someone from too far to convert to combo, one thing you can do that's really useful is to hit-confirm it and follow up with an ex ground spike, then sweet dreams, and then a teleport forward. The sweet dreams is slow enough that it will make contact just about the time they stop stumbling from the ex spike. Either they'll get stunned (a lot of people don't seem to notice it's coming) or at the very least they'll be forced to block. Either way, the teleport is fast enough that Freddy can get in and begin pressuring with his 50/50's before they recover from (block or hit) stun.

A great way to set this up is by tossing gloves from at or near full-screen range, since there's a frame trap where if they block a glove they also have to block the spike or else get popped up.

Juro

Noob
We all know Freddy has some nice damaging combos and I figured out a way to abuse people online that pick him. I just pick Shang Tsung and Soul Steal turning a simple-to-do Corner combo for 61% into 81%, quite hilarious turning Freddy against them with Shang.

Ulturas

Noob

Latest addition by myself now in HD :D. Anyone who knows how to record in HD and keep the box full size can you PM me would be greatly appreciated!

Latest addition by myself now in HD :D. Anyone who knows how to record in HD and keep the box full size can you PM me would be greatly appreciated!
Very cool combo. One thing I would advise people (in general, not singling you out) in regards to Freddy's combos is this: be careful what you label a "mid-screen" combo. For most characters, "mid-screen" means, "can be started and completed most anywhere outside the corner." But many of these big damage Freddy combos (most any that exceed about 55%, as far as I can see) rely on the opponent to be wall-carried to the corner partway through or the end will drop. I would suggest that such combos need to be labeled "corner carry" combos rather than mid-screen, since if you start them from anywhere further back than about half-stage, they won't quite reach the corner in time.

Ulturas

Noob
Very cool combo. One thing I would advise people (in general, not singling you out) in regards to Freddy's combos is this: be careful what you label a "mid-screen" combo. For most characters, "mid-screen" means, "can be started and completed most anywhere outside the corner." But many of these big damage Freddy combos (most any that exceed about 55%, as far as I can see) rely on the opponent to be wall-carried to the corner partway through or the end will drop. I would suggest that such combos need to be labeled "corner carry" combos rather than mid-screen, since if you start them from anywhere further back than about half-stage, they won't quite reach the corner in time.
Agree I think mid to corner sounds a bit better though lol. This one can be done in the center though you just have to use Medium Spike instead of close but I relabeled the title because you're definitely right. I'm not a big fan of these particular combos but 69% for one bar is pretty ridiculous lol. I like my 60% one because it's doable anywhere on the screen :D.

Ulturas

Noob
Got another one for you guys, inputs are in the vid description :). I think I can land the glove toss at the end for another 3% but it's tricky to land :(.

Combo is 76% with enhanced sweet dreams to start & enhanced glove toss to end. It's not worth 4% to burn the rest of the meter, but that's if anyone was wondering. Yes...guide will be coming soon. Inputs for these combos below:

67% = j2,b1,2,u1,db4,1 ~ f4,2,1,db1+RT ~ j2,f4,2,1,db1 ~ f4,2,1,bf2

72% = j2,f4,2,1,db1+RT ~ j2,f,4,2,1,df1 ~ f4,2,1,db1 ~ f4,2,1,bf2

Song: Carmina Burana - O Fortuna

hardwire

Noob
hey im not very good at making combos so ill ask in here

i think i have figgured out that the part thats broken about freddy is the glove toss is the part that is not scaling

so while we have the chance can some one try to make a combo that works a little more with the glove toss and see if you can get up to a 100%

this is purly my curiosity and i dont expect any thing but i bet it would be fun :)

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
aghh..... Deep Breath* hello everyone

Combos for freddy and regarding damage scale. (This is day 3 or 4 for some... ...so come on :S )

1-The best way to scale the damage is doin EX hell spike as early as possible. The damage Always starts scaling as soon as opponent is LAUNCHED in the air. and from their, it scales everything upon the very first hit. Thus , these are the best scalers (b+2 and f+2,1~Stance 1 and f+4,2,1~ Hell Spike)

1 meter = 72% corner combos/ Corner Carrier
1 Meter = 54% at least!! non corner
2 meter = 75% (sweet dreams) or finisher Projectile. can reach 77% with 2 meters as well
2 Meter= 61% Atleast!! non corner

Maximum Reach combo i've did is 79% 2 meters only

3-His reset can of course kill opponent. Hit reset includes a must 2 Meter's if you want to total damage to be atleast around 85%.
PS: combo resets are Guess dependable, Whether it's a med Launcher (b+2) or Low starter. SO chances are it's 50 - 50 for this reset to happen. Happens after guaranteed hit of EX low hit projectile. Juggle can be done any where from the screen as well.

4-krugurs main bnb's without any meter are 3 main variaty. High (most damaging of 46% with JP). Low starter (37%). and Med starter (40%)

Ulturas: hey. the whiffing of f+4 is a nice idea because it lowers the scale, making more damage output. though, they way u did it, it's gonna be the same as if u started the juggle with f+4,2,1.....so u simply killed the potential. why dont u try something else if u wanna hit 81% ;)
also the last hit of ur Juggle does connect man (whether with EX or not).

In case u didnt watch it, all the BNB's are their ...so here's my contribution for Krugur. i released the video Early yesterday.

Ulturas

Noob
Ulturas: hey. the whiffing of f+4 is a nice idea because it lowers the scale, making more damage output. though, they way u did it, it's gonna be the same as if u started the juggle with f+4,2,1.....so u simply killed the potential. why dont u try something else if u wanna hit 81% ;)
also the last hit of ur Juggle does connect man (whether with EX or not).
It's surprisingly 2% more than starting with F421 oddly lol Freddy's scaling is really weird :/. I'm not sure how to land the Ex Glove Toss though they seem to fall too fast the way I figure it I can drop the 1 from F421 for Ex Glove toss which is 2% more so it'd make the combo either 77% or 78% that's probably the max I can get though :/.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
ur gettin their. Pretty much u have to drop something for another higher scale moves to get in.
Either b+2, or Standing 4 or standing 3 for higher damage. also u dont have to use EX gloves, can be done with regular. this is ofcourse if u want the damage to scale higher. f+4,2,1 scales damage good anyways, but somewhere in the middle or start of the combo u have to drop something so f+4,2,1~EX hell spike comes first...the more u put these stuff in the begining, the less scale it gets. followed after by the highest and simplest moves to keep the scale flow....u do the math :p

as for conenction the glove toss: f+4,2,1 do it as fast as possible ...not to fast to whiff, but fast enough to hit opponent on edge frames (early possible frame hits). so for example, as a combo ender:
f+4,2,1~ CL.EX hell spike/ f+4,2,1~ CL.hell spike, frame edge* f+4,2,1~ toss or

after EX hell spike. f+2,1~stance (frame edge) f+4,2,1~ Cl.hell Spike. (Frame edge) f+4,2,1~ glove toss

the reaons why i linked the vid is because i did put two examples of those. the 72% 1 meter combo in the combo section in my vid, used this same technique. Just a well timed frame input of early f+4,2,1 series will do it.

PS: in general, i think 79% is a really tough framer for krugur.

I was going to do a Freddy combo guide similar to my other ones, but I think I might just link everyone to Teef. Great video man. Besides enhancing sweet dreams or glove toss, can you see any place that I might improve that 72%? Anyone.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Just wanted to add a nice strategy that I haven't seen anyone mention yet:

If you land a ranged ground spike on someone from too far to convert to combo, one thing you can do that's really useful is to hit-confirm it and follow up with an ex ground spike, then sweet dreams, and then a teleport forward. The sweet dreams is slow enough that it will make contact just about the time they stop stumbling from the ex spike. Either they'll get stunned (a lot of people don't seem to notice it's coming) or at the very least they'll be forced to block. Either way, the teleport is fast enough that Freddy can get in and begin pressuring with his 50/50's before they recover from (block or hit) stun.

A great way to set this up is by tossing gloves from at or near full-screen range, since there's a frame trap where if they block a glove they also have to block the spike or else get popped up.
I have used this before, however if you do it too fast the sweet dreams will cause a knockdown not a reset. It will only do a reset if they have fully recovered from the EX hellspike and do not block. Overall this is still a good stragety because you can use it almost like a trap. You can also use a glove toss to score some extra damage.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Very good stuff Teef. I might add that I believe that you cannot cancel out of nightmare stance until you have hit the opponent or they have hit you. If you start a match and instantly go into nightmare stance you cannot cancel into any moves. At least that is what I have found, but I could be wrong.

Very good stuff Teef. I might add that I believe that you cannot cancel out of nightmare stance until you have hit the opponent or they have hit you. If you start a match and instantly go into nightmare stance you cannot cancel into any moves. At least that is what I have found, but I could be wrong.
Nightmare stance is canceled by the following:

inputting 1,2,or4
inputting special
dashing or double jumping both forward or backwards

not sure about blocking, but you can cancel without hit confirmation from either player.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I finally got to spend some time with Freddy tonight. He has some really really sick combos and setups. Hit confirm combos, 50/50's that lead to a shitload of damage and a setup.

Even when the fix his damage scaling after an :en Hell Spike, he will be S-tier.

Anyone know a good anti air? I've been using Nightmare Stance~Teleport to get out of crossups lol

JPS~f21~NS is a great hit-confirm. If it hits, you get a free 1 launcher into combo. If it's blocked, you get a Sonya-like stance mixup with 3 (low), 2 (overhead), or cancel to special of choice. So sick.