What's new

Freddy combo thread

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I don't think I'd ever waste 3 meters in a freddy combo, his ex sweet dream and ex claw is just too good to not have. Though if it would win the match and the opponent cant break I guess it could come in handy do a little bit of extra damage.
Thats what I mean. If you had won the first round and you have him under 50% in the second round and this is available go for it. His x-ray does 36% this combo does 34%. No it is not a crucial stragety with Freddy but it is an option to win the match if the opponent is constanly in crouch block.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I didn't go through and read to see if this one is already here, but i'd say it's his main Bn'B

B+12U+1,B12U+1,DF1(enhanced),dash,F421,DF1. 41%dmg 1 bar.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
If you use sweet dream into EX hellspike you can still combo, but if you EX hellspike into sweet dreams you can't.

So for my biggest no meter combo without a jump in combo punch is 34%.

My biggest 1 meter midscreen combo is 49%

My biggest overall combo is 66%.

More to come Freddy is a beast. Back to the lab.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Another tad bit of info. Nightmare stance goes under most projectiles and because you can teleport out of it this makes it a very effective anti-zoning tool. Example: I was fighting a Kano player who was spamming knives. I went into nightmare stance, teleported out of it, and then started a combo. Freddy's nightmare stance is the best stance move in the game mainly because his specials are so good and he can cancel into them out of it.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Mine is similar but a little different: b3,3-EX hellspike-jip b1,2,u1-njp-f4,2,1-far hellspike: 49% I believe.

Yes you can: b3,3-med hellspike-far hellspike: 20% I believe. You can EX hellspike at the end then throw a projectile.

The NJP is almost impossible to land at that part of the combo because of the speed your opponent falls. I made a variation of yours without the NJP:

:l:fk:fk :en:d:r:fp, JIP :l:fp :bp :u:fp, :r:bk:bp:fp, :d:r:fp, :d:l:r:fp, :d:l:r:fp

You gotta do the :r:bk:bp:fp late to get the mid spike to hit, then you can get the two far spikes. Does same damage as yours but no NJP, so more online-friendly too.

For some reason, adding a JIP before the b33 string doesn't add total damage to the combo... weird.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
The NJP is almost impossible to land at that part of the combo because of the speed your opponent falls. I made a variation of yours without the NJP:

:l:fk:fk :en:d:r:fp, JIP :l:fp :bp :u:fp, :r:bk:bp:fp, :d:r:fp, :d:l:r:fp, :d:l:r:fp

You gotta do the :r:bk:bp:fp late to get the mid spike to hit, then you can get the two far spikes. Does same damage as yours but no NJP, so more online-friendly too.
I have noticed that too, you have to drop them very low in the combo for the mid claw to hit. I am also finding out that b2 works as a excellent juggle. Example: 2,2-EX hellspike-jip-b1,2,u1-b2-f4,2,1-mid claw-far claw-far claw: I think it does the same damage just a little easier. You can also land this after the 1 in the nightmare stance hits.

Great stuff, keep it coming.

Here's a 22 hit (Corner combo only) with 71% Damage (2 Bars):

JIP, F21, EX Sweet Dreams, Backdash, JIP, B12U1, Nightmare Stance, 1, U3, F421, Close Hell Spike, F421, EX Hell Spike, Backdash, JIP, F421

Man I wish I had a capture card to record this.

BnB combos

Hey folks. So I've spent most of the afternoon in the lab with Freddy, trying to sort through all his options (damn there are a bunch) to compile a list of his BnB combos. In case the definition of BnB is in doubt to anyone, for me that means max damage in a given situation that I can hit reliably, under pressure, and preferably even somewhat reliably online (since if I can hit it even half the time online, I can hit it 99% offline). Here's what I have so far. Feel free to make suggestions if you have better ones:

WITHOUT METER:

best damage: b1, 2, u1, stance+1, dash b2, f4, 2, 1, far spike, far spike = 38%

low starter: b3, close spike, short dash, b2, short dash, f4, 2, 1, far spike, far spike = 32%

overhead starter: b2, close spike, short dash, b2, short dash, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike = 34%

unbreakable ending: (any opening into): close spike, mid spike, far spike, far spike = ~28%

corner best damage: b1, 2, u1, stance+1, back dash, f4, 2, 1, close spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 46%

corner low starter: b3, 3, close spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 30%

corner overhead starter: b2, close spike, b2, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 33%

WITH METER (1 bar or x-ray as noted):

best damage: f4, 2, 1, ex spike, teleport, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike, far spike = 52%

low starter: b3, 3, ex spike, half dash, jip, b1, 2, u1, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike = 46%

overhead starter: b2, close spike, ex spike, short dash, jip, b1, 2, u1, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike = 47%

x-ray: b1, 2, u1, stance+1, dash, f4, 2, 1, x-ray = 53%

unbreakable ending: (any opening into): close spike, mid spike, far spike, ex spike, glove toss = ~30%

corner best damage: f4, 2, 1, ex spike, f4, 2, 1, close spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 58%

corner low starter: b3, 3, ex spike, f4, 2, 1, close spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 49%

corner overhead starter: b2, ex spike, f4, 2, 1, close spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 53%

corner x-ray: b1, 2, u1, stance+1, back dash, f4, 2, 1, close spike, f4, 2, 1, x-ray = 58%

Note that I have not included any combos that start mid and carry to corner (requiring corner to finish), since for me that's not reliable enough in a real match. Feel free to add your own, though.

Ulturas

Noob
Here's a 22 hit (Corner combo only) with 71% Damage (2 Bars):

JIP, F21, EX Sweet Dreams, Backdash, JIP, B12U1, Nightmare Stance, 1, U3, F421, Close Hell Spike, F421, EX Hell Spike, Backdash, JIP, F421

Man I wish I had a capture card to record this.
I use my phone to record stuff dude not hard lol.

Ulturas

Noob
You assume that everyone has a phone with record capability?

I'm jealous. I haven't even had a chance to play him yet. Only dl him.
Well I imagine, not assume, most people would I mean a phone that can record costs less then $100 lol xD.

Ulturas

Noob
Working on an approaching corner combo right now that involves an uppercut, only partially landed it once thus far but it was 73% and I dropped something I planned on adding :(. My theory is it'll be around 76-78%. Won't be giving away what I'm doing though but I have told Check what it is :).

Hey folks. So I've spent most of the afternoon in the lab with Freddy, trying to sort through all his options (damn there are a bunch) to compile a list of his BnB combos. In case the definition of BnB is in doubt to anyone, for me that means max damage in a given situation that I can hit reliably, under pressure, and preferably even somewhat reliably online (since if I can hit it even half the time online, I can hit it 99% offline). Here's what I have so far. Feel free to make suggestions if you have better ones:

WITHOUT METER:

best damage: b1, 2, u1, stance+1, dash b2, f4, 2, 1, far spike, far spike = 38%

low starter: b3, close spike, short dash, b2, short dash, f4, 2, 1, far spike, far spike = 32%

overhead starter: b2, close spike, short dash, b2, short dash, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike = 34%

unbreakable ending: (any opening into): close spike, mid spike, far spike, far spike = ~28%

corner best damage: b1, 2, u1, stance+1, back dash, f4, 2, 1, close spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 46%

corner low starter: b3, 3, close spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 30%

corner overhead starter: b2, close spike, b2, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 33%

WITH METER (1 bar or x-ray as noted):

best damage: f4, 2, 1, ex spike, teleport, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike, far spike = 52%

low starter: b3, 3, ex spike, half dash, jip, b1, 2, u1, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike = 46%

overhead starter: b2, close spike, ex spike, short dash, jip, b1, 2, u1, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike = 47%

x-ray: b1, 2, u1, stance+1, dash, f4, 2, 1, x-ray = 53%

unbreakable ending: (any opening into): close spike, mid spike, far spike, ex spike, glove toss = ~30%

corner best damage: f4, 2, 1, close spike, f4, 2, 1, ex spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 54%

corner low starter: b3, 3, close spike, f4, 2, 1, ex spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 43%

corner overhead starter: b2, close spike, b2, f4, 2, 1, ex spike, f4, 2, 1, glove toss = 47%

corner x-ray: b1, 2, u1, stance+1, back dash, f4, 2, 1, close spike, f4, 2, 1, x-ray = 58%

Note that I have not included any combos that start mid and carry to corner (requiring corner to finish), since for me that's not reliable enough in a real match. Feel free to add your own, though.
I'm going to add something to the stuff I wrote above:
The no-meter combos at the top of the list are going to be (IMHO) Freddy's go-to combos, and here's why: on any one of those combos, you can replace the final ground spike with an ex spike followed by a teleport forward while your opponent is stumbling. This gives you a free reset opportunity using any of his 50/50 options. That means you can do a combo for anywhere from 35-40%, end in ex ground spike, teleport forward, and continue mixup pressure.

Example:
jip, b1, 2, u1, stance+1, dash b2, f4, 2, 1, far spike, ex spike (43%)
(teleport forward while stunned)
(overhead 50/50) b2, close spike, short dash, b2, short dash, f4, 2, 1, mid spike, far spike (34%)
or
(low 50/50) b3, close spike, short dash, b2, short dash, f4, 2, 1, far spike, far spike (32%)

Also note: since Freddy's combos wall carry so well, odds are that somewhere toward the end of the first combo or beginning of the second, you're probably going to have access to corner combos, as well.

Ulturas

Noob
Nah. He assumes everyone is okay with recording low quality videos.
Not everyone can afford PVR devices. There's a recording feature in practice mode (assuming you already know this because you're assuming assumptions about me) and a mobile phone is a cheap/affordable way of recording combos plus the majority of people would ALREADY have a mobile phone capable of doing so (that's not an assumption that's just facts), I was just giving the guy an idea on what he can do to capture combos that he was trying to show. I for one hate recording crappy quality videos but atm it's the only way I can showcase what I'm talking about with visuals which makes it a lot easier for people to understand what is happening.

After some further lab testing with the combo I discovered, it seems that it's not a viable combo. It only works in the corner against Sheeva and the bosses (minus Shang). The only reason being is the fact that they have a taller hitbox so the EX Sweet Dreams will only hit them before they recover.

Also regarding the recording in the training room. It's really buggy at times. It only records your inputs and nothing else. I have tried saving the recording only to play it back and it seems to drop the combo midway through. Usually on the 3rd hit of the first F421 string. Oh well continue on the lab.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Alright guys I started testing some stuff with JIP :l:fp:bp:u:fp NJP Dash :l:fk:fk, :en:d:r:fp

After the :en:d:r:fp you can add in some already existing combos. This might be a better damaging start than the overhead b2 but with all the extra hits the end of the combo might scale quite a bit. Will post results in a bit if conclusive.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Alright guys nevermind. No matter what I do after the enhanced spike after that sequence, the opponent falls way too fast to keep juggling...

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Wow, wtf. If Tremor had this guy's moveset (more or less) I'd fucking love the character. Anyway, I don't know if this was posted, but here's a 50% damage, one bar bread and butter

JIP,B+1,2,U+1, EX QCF+1, JIP,B+1,2,U+1, F+4,2,QCF+1, dash, Uppercut

Theme

Noob
Wow, wtf. If Tremor had this guy's moveset (more or less) I'd fucking love the character. Anyway, I don't know if this was posted, but here's a 50% damage, one bar bread and butter

JIP,B+1,2,U+1, EX QCF+1, JIP,B+1,2,U+1, F+4,2,QCF+1, dash, Uppercut
I dont consider anything with EN BnB, but holy crap. Thats ridiculous.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I dont consider anything with EN BnB, but holy crap. Thats ridiculous.
Yeah, true...but he seems to build meter pretty quick, and imo the one bar is definitely worth the extra damage for something so retardedly easy.

Hopefully they fix the projectile thing soon. I was just playing a friend and was hitting him repeatedly with Sub Zero's F+4 overhead into ice ball and the ice ball goes right through him. He was also walking THOUGH my ice clones. Super gay. =(