What's new

FR IGAU Staff Blow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SZSR

Noob
It's not an idea, I watched it happen. There are a lot of people defending them which I understand but if they were truely running things perhaps they can explain how every set up except for the stream station was running casuals for hours on end.
I'll admit i'm guilty of this, but some people would see an open station and assume it would be fine for casuals. Many were hesitant to just jump on a station, but once mob mentality set in, everyone was doing it. I stopped jumping on stations after I realized that all stations were basically casuals.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Again, this is not about people not having the balls to speak up. Its about people thinking monopolizing a station is okay. If you really think its courteous to come to a tournament and just own a casual station because "nobody spoke up" that's fine, nobody can take that from you, but that still doesn't make it right.
Somebody gets it.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Like after finishing a combo that leaves me in the corner? Okay.
Yes. So you end in F223 HM and the HM puts you in the corner. Teleport out. If they try to wake up most of the time it will have them doing it towards the Corner leaving to free to punish them.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I understand where you are coming from. But that person decided to come out to a big tournament. Thats a huge step right there. Asking people for games i think is easier than coming out to a big event. More so if its your first big event. This BTW was technically my First Big Event. Although i did go to APEX and it was amazing Final Round was on a whole different level. You sometimes need to just tell yourself that shit im at this big tournament. I actually went. Im here. There are so many different players. i know it can be nervous at the start but use your own energy or the energy around to keep you going and to ask for matches. Anyone can do it. And everyone is willing to play. Except me Vs Other Shazam Players. Fuck that Noise.
yeah it's a matter of steps, it just takes maybe a different amount of time for each case than it does for anyone else, extroverted peeps included. Everyone has their own point where they reach the level of being comfortable amongst strangers, especially when the majority of the scene is friendly and close knit with one another. I just think the matter deserved proper explanation apart from everyone thinking that some guys were just too starstruck or anything to ask for games when there's a more grounded explanation in most cases. That's all :)

187x

Noob
Again, this is not about people not having the balls to speak up. Its about people thinking monopolizing a station is okay. If you really think its courteous to come to a tournament and just own a casual station because "nobody spoke up" that's fine, nobody can take that from you, but that still doesn't make it right.
It's both actually. Hogging a station isn't right to people who been waiting to play, But is your fault for not saying anything, Speak up and point it out instead of writing it in a forum.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
From what I understood of the OP, the issue wasn't people asking for the casual stations -- it was people asking and lining up, and then being brushed aside by people claiming the setup out of line for "MU experience".

Those are different issues. The 2nd requires people to come together as a community and be fair.

Indecisive

yeah it's a matter of steps, it just takes maybe a different amount of time for each case than it does for anyone else, extroverted peeps included. Everyone has their own point where they reach the level of being comfortable amongst strangers, especially when the majority of the scene is friendly and close knit with one another. I just think the matter deserved proper explanation apart from everyone thinking that some guys were just too starstruck or anything to ask for games when there's a more grounded explanation in most cases. That's all :)
It was a good point to bring up and i agree with what you are saying. It is difficult when you are new to everything and trying to meet new people. I still have a lot of trouble myself. But i still never let that get away with me getting games. I know i sound like a broken record with saying that over and over but it what people have to do. I noticed that if someone suggested that they asked then they would do it instead of waiting. So maybe signs to say ask for games dont wait could be a think. Just to that people know it is an option. Or you know hire someone to kick people off stations and hold new peoples hands during the entire tournament.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
From what I understood of the OP, the issue wasn't people asking for the casual stations -- it was people asking and lining up, and then being brushed aside by people claiming the setup out of line for "MU experience". Two very different issues.
yeah, it's partly my fault we got on the "whether or not you feel comfortable about speaking up" debate, my bad guys :p

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
From what I understood of the OP, the issue wasn't people asking for the casual stations -- it was people asking and lining up, and then being brushed aside by people claiming the setup out of line for "MU experience". Two very different issues.

This is correct.

Indecisive

I never had that happen to me this weekend Once. Every time i wanted to get on and play they let me. And i did the same to everyone. With one extra game in after they asked. Whether i won or lost the last game i would give it up. So idk who the people who refused to get off the stations because of need for "MU Experience" Like i said before sometimes you do need to ask more than once. Im one of those people you have to tell more than once when im really into a set. I told the people at the break that as well. And when im on for a long time they make sure i get off.

SZSR

Noob
I never had that happen to me this weekend Once. Every time i wanted to get on and play they let me. And i did the same to everyone. With one extra game in after they asked. Whether i won or lost the last game i would give it up. So idk who the people who refused to get off the stations because of need for "MU Experience" Like i said before sometimes you do need to ask more than once. Im one of those people you have to tell more than once when im really into a set. I told the people at the break that as well. And when im on for a long time they make sure i get off.
Agreed. As far as asking people, not a single person said "No" when asking to play on a setup.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
just get a hitbox like me :)
My friend @ll Nooby ll uses one and he's a bastard <3

And it doesn't make it wrong either.

When I attend tournaments, I always spectate as well as play friendlies. If I don't ask to get in, then I'm watching your match. I will gladly watch 30 friendlies in a row if they are entertaining to watch, but when I want to get in I'll let you know and hop on.
See guys, it isn't that hard.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I just logged in to bring further attention to this. Keits makes an excellent point about button binddings. Hopefully the Tekken community will embrace it soon enough.
The only thing that doesn't make sense is comparing a bind to having a d-pad + analog stick. With the joypad analog stick, you have to actually think about the motion and make sure it's accurate; you risk bungling it and not getting any payoff for your effort (which is why most people with pads don't use the sticks in the first place). With a button bound to two directional inputs, you just press the button and it's never wrong.

trufenix

bye felicia
So basically you expect people who are playing on casuals to turn around and say after every match hey who wants next. What do you think should be done about Casuals since you think that just asking people to play is not correct.
Don't say that. You know the difference between "checking after every match" and "monopolizing a station". We all do, and that's the point. If more people were cognizant of the fact that hey, I just finished playing a 20 game set on a casual station, maybe I should go take a walk instead of mashing start again, it would go a long way.

We all know when we've had our fun and when we're being that dude. There's no need to get ticky tack and start putting exact round numbers and minutes in stone. Courtesy is a two way street.

Indecisive

Don't say that. You know the difference between "checking after every match" and "monopolizing a station". We all do, and that's the point. If more people were cognizant of the fact that hey, I just finished playing a 20 game set on a casual station, maybe I should go take a walk instead of mashing start again, it would go a long way.

We all know when we've had our fun and when we're being that dude. There's no need to get ticky tack and start putting exact round numbers and minutes in stone. Courtesy is a two way street.
Again when playing long sets some players have no idea. Or don't even know if other people want to play. You have to say something. Standing there watching they are going to think you are watching. All you have to say is "Hey you have been on for a bit can i get on." Its simple. Not hard at all. And if they don't get off after to say it a few times then you have a right to get upset. I get that you would like players to realize if they are hogging the casuals. But some players have no idea how long they have been on. Im one of them. I player and i lose track of time. And amount of games.

trufenix

bye felicia
It's both actually. Hogging a station isn't right to people who been waiting to play, But is your fault for not saying anything, Speak up and point it out instead of writing it in a forum.
I'm not saying someone shouldn't speak up. I'm not saying we need casual police walking the stations because nobody wants to talk. I'm saying people need to talk AND people need to be cognizant of their own habits. Nobody can blow you up for staying on a station all day, there is no rule. But there is always courtesy. You can always be the bigger guy. And we're not talking about one game, two games, a small set, whatever. We're talking about the guys, the cliques, and the clubs that just own casual set ups because "nobody says anything". They are just as capable of inviting a new player onto the station as the new player is of asking of his own volition.

trufenix

bye felicia
Again when playing long sets some players have no idea. Or don't even know if other people want to play. You have to say something. Standing there watching they are going to think you are watching. All you have to say is "Hey you have been on for a bit can i get on." Its simple. Not hard at all. And if they don't get off after to say it a few times then you have a right to get upset. I get that you would like players to realize if they are hogging the casuals. But some players have no idea how long they have been on. Im one of them. I player and i lose track of time. And amount of games.
My point is players SHOULD have an idea. I know players don't. In an ideal world, yes, every human being would have the stones to approach another human being and concisely express their feelings, but we don't live in that world. Sometimes the other party needs to extend the olive branch. That's just courtesy.

If you agree to a ft10,20,50,whatever, afterward you need to have the self-awareness to take a breath, look around, and say hey, I've had enough for now. You can always pay it forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.