What's new

For Those Who Like To Write

tazzmission

Banned
I had a couple of pretty ambitious ideas for a couple of adventure game books. Remember the ones where you were given choices, you chose one, then had to find the appropriate page and paragraph in the book to continue the story? Fighting Fantasy and the Lone Wolf books spring to mind.

Not sure there is much interest in those books now.
yea! i remember i had the goosebumps one and i think animorphs one

you also gotta plan carefully. i painted myself into such a terrible corner that i had to fight my way out. the story suffered as a result. my dues ex machina was a cryptic substance that supposedly explained everything. but i'm not sure if it did. lol. not good.

Flagg

Noob
Everyone starts from meagre backgrounds. JK Rowling was some substitute teacher that lived in a one bedroom flat and Stephen King lived in some trailer caravan, busting his ass with Uni while trying to get fiction printed in magazines like Readers Digest and Playboy.

However, look at them now.

tazzmission

Banned
Everyone starts from meagre backgrounds. JK Rowling was some substitute teacher that lived in a one bedroom flat and Stephen King lived in some trailer caravan, busting his ass with Uni while trying to get fiction printed in magazines like Readers Digest and Playboy.

However, look at them now.
i usually never mention it but i am related to robert lewis stevenson who created the book treasure island

i also got some hitchcock in me not alfred but his brother

on a side note i am thinking of a fan story for this and no i did not make the image

i posted some current stuff, but when i tried to open it, nothing was there. did i mess up? it says 10 views. i don't know. i can't get a break. lol.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Lt. Box

Do elaborate.
I'm an almost-excessive lyricist/poet - with about 250-300 songs and pieces altogether, not counting the hundreds lost, destroyed, stolen, or drunkenly set ablaze over the years - who can write in any style set before him from freehand to 80's hip-hop to Swedish death metal, and everything in between. I'm in the middle of a decade-long effort to write a novel/collection of stories Ive been plotting and planning...I don't know if you know of Stephen King's "The Bachman Books," but it's more or less my favorite book of all time and space, and even though I didnt set out to make something familiar to it, it's looking like it's gonna turn out about the same - except my 4 stories are all gonna revolve around each other with a united central plot.

Writing saved my life.
If I didn't have my craft, my vices would've killed me by now. Legit.
I don't know why everyone doesn't do it.

Wow. I agree. I've actually cried over losing art, lol. As for the other things you've mentioned... that's why I'm afraid to read fiction. I don't want my style corrupted. I have also noticed that a lot of my characters have elements of myself within them. If you're honest with yourself it is noticeable I think. Like you said......everyone should try to write ... at least one piece. It's worth it. Keep working on stuff. My own demons have made writing difficult. One day I think my stuff is the greatest shit ever told, the next day it's laughable at best. i don't believe in my work enough. i gotta start.

I enjoyed watching wrestling in college in the 90's, but I have little use for it now. Netflix has many awesome vids though. I think I watched them all.

tazzmission

Banned
I enjoyed watching wrestling in college in the 90's, but I have little use for it now. Netflix has many awesome vids though. I think I watched them all.

right now wwe wise only thing good they have is cm punk the shield brock lesnar and dolph ziggler

taker is scheduled to lose to punk at mania this year do to health reasons

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Here's one from September:

"The Binary Dawn"

Across an ocean of lithium
Where the dead go when they know there's no coming back
I see you sailing back to life under the moonlight
The glow of sunlit yellow, the pitch of barren black
There you are, as certain as the spectrum
Of chaos and currents that brought us here tonight
Here we are, in the wake of the tidal waves
The fine line fixed beyond the reach of wrong and right

There's no return from here, but there's not a hint of fear
To be heard in my voice or found in dreams of the years beyond
In digital laments, with every pulsing sense
We stand against the hail of flames to face the binary dawn

My words returned and fierce as gnashing fangs to pierce the veil
Your eyes the window opened to gaze upon the sail
A phoenix of the sea, takes flight to find its way to me
And save me from the toxic tangents left afloat to see me fail
Where once the silence left me without a breath with which to sing
Here I now stand again, with verse in hand and curse erased
The life abandoned by the codes, resurrected in the throes
Of the daylight broken from the black to shine upon my face

Lt. Box

Finally, a unique piece.
I liked the 1st and 3rd passages better than the second.
Is there a meaning? Poetry can be difficult to decipher completely. I think every phrase has to add something. Maybe I'm not seeing something.

Another thing that's troubling me, (if I may be critical) is that I see the involvement of two people. Then there's just one. Like I said, maybe I'm missing something. Poetry is difficult for me. Sometimes only the writer knows what's truly there to see. Ha. Good though. Shoot us another.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I had a couple of pretty ambitious ideas for a couple of adventure game books. Remember the ones where you were given choices, you chose one, then had to find the appropriate page and paragraph in the book to continue the story? Fighting Fantasy and the Lone Wolf books spring to mind.

Not sure there is much interest in those books now.
Back when I was in school, we got to choose our own project as the semester final for Web Development, it just had to be coded using 5 web languages (HTML5, Javascript, etc), and had to be somewhat sizeable in scope. So, I chose to do a choose-your-own-adventure-story that was web based; meaning you click through your choices and had some sound clips and pictures that popped up. It wasn't as good as it sounds, and it already doesn't sound that good, lol. I ended up writing over 10,000 words for it and spent more time on the story than the actual project, so the project itself ended up pretty shoddy, haha.

Flagg

Noob
Back when I was in school, we got to choose our own project as the semester final for Web Development, it just had to be coded using 5 web languages (HTML5, Javascript, etc), and had to be somewhat sizeable in scope. So, I chose to do a choose-your-own-adventure-story that was web based; meaning you click through your choices and had some sound clips and pictures that popped up. It wasn't as good as it sounds, and it already doesn't sound that good, lol. I ended up writing over 10,000 words for it and spent more time on the story than the actual project, so the project itself ended up pretty shoddy, haha.
That is actually really, really cool. You never thought about developing that and releasing it as some sort of small indie game? What was the story about?

Though this is more complex than what we're talking about, this makes me think about the stuff you were just mentioning:
http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

tazzmission

Banned
I had several favorites since the early 80's. Kidman was the last wrestler I cared about.
john moxley aka dean ambrose reminds me so much of brian pillman its scary

his mic work is amazing and is a fantastic wrestler and imo wwe champion material if sheild ever breaks up

another wrestler i like is pac now known as adriane nevile in wwe's nxt program

if you like billy kidman you will love this man

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
GGA Dizzy

Are there story ideas out there like yours now?
That idea? Yeah, theres a few websites like that if you look around.

That is actually really, really cool. You never thought about developing that and releasing it as some sort of small indie game? What was the story about?

Though this is more complex than what we're talking about, this makes me think about the stuff you were just mentioning:
http://projectzomboid.com/blog/
I actually was going to look into doing something with it after I graduated. I didn't have a job lined up at that time so I figured I would develop it further since I had a lot of free time. My sister edited some books that got published and said it was good but I would need to expand it to about 30,000 words. The story itself basically started at a central part that you were faced with a choice in which to be tested in leadership or courage. Based on that choice it split into 2 seperate arcs of 4 endings a piece. So, I was thinking of doubling or tripling that with other "tests".

Either way, I got a job 2-3 weeks after I graduated and haven't touched it since.