What's new

For Those Who Like To Write

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
have you thought of just sending it to actual publishers? Not sure why the solo ebook thing is so popular. I hang out on /r/selfpublish a lot and unless you have 10 books out your prob only looking at 500 bucks a year or something.

trufenix

bye felicia
have you thought of just sending it to actual publishers? Not sure why the solo ebook thing is so popular. I hang out on /r/selfpublish a lot and unless you have 10 books out your prob only looking at 500 bucks a year or something.
If I had the money to just "send it to actual publishers" I would, as would any other writer producer in the universe. The rub is the gigantic financial burden between you and your ideas and actually getting it in the hands of people who want it. If I had that kind of money to invest, I wouldn't be posting google drive links on an MK forum.

that's why those self publishers on reddit haven't gone anywhere. That and they think reddit works, ew.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
yeah.. as a bunch of stamps cost more then self publishing

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm still here. Who has some new writing? I finished three lengthy pieces over the last year.
It's not exactly a book, but I have started writing something else: A game. Its a web based puzzle game named after my father with tons of plot, dialogue and clicking. If anyone would like to try it out, I just launched an Alpha version. You can play it here.

No accounts, or installs, or ads or anything, just click and play.

I'm trying to do a choose your own adventure thing after I finish my current piece. ILL check out your story when I get a chance.

Lol. I clicked on Walter and already have a similar idea in mind. A virus that can destroy the world. Except the main bad guy is on an island. Maybe I'll attach what I started, see what you think.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Guys i'm working with a comic book studio team and will be releasing several Angolan super hero stuff for the next year, working on first volume, structuring the universe and so much more, a lot of culture reference to my country and lots of research as well.

My techno Triller (Shadow Geist) which its a spy/anti-hero series also was approved and well received and it's finishing up the drawing by professional artists.

Not sure how our international expansion will be, but if you guys ever get a chance to read these stuffs, know ya boy has been working hard.

Apparently my experience with martial arts, reading a lot of books, watching everything, listen to anything and playing everything is more than enough to make me a well versed person in research that can tackle different topics depending of what the team has envisioned.

The name of our studio is DEBAN FUSION, DEBAN it's a Portuguese slang for Drawing of homeland where DE is a diminutive of DESENHO which means DRAWING and BAN is a diminutive of BANDA or BAND which is a slang for HOMELAND in portuguese.

Fusion doesn't need translation as it's a collective of independent studios who fused into a bigger collective, we're almost a company now.

We've been working on this for a year now, and we're finally wrapping things up to start our selling program, hopefully with the grace of the lord we will do well.

We also have a goal with this, we're fighting for equality and respect, as ppl that enjoy drawings and comic books are currently the black sheep of the country, artists are not well respected, badly paid and some even say it's not a real job, if we win this fight, it will open a lot of opportunities for everyone, for writers, artists, gamers and much more ppl who work directly involved in the project.
Hey guys it has been 2 years since i wrote this. So felt like an update was needed.

DEBAN is no more, the rest of the collective studios split and started to work on their own with the goal of giving us a competitive market.

From what i've heard it's due to the Patriot Script i wrote around 2020, months after its presentation, i heard the others felt jealous and decided to quit, some even cried.
That's because the others were behaving like superstars and became lazy overtime, so my editor formed a new team to bring new stories and new heros, this is why Shadow Geist and other stories came in. But the patriot work felt so special that i feel like it's probably the best thing i've ever wrote, the script feels like a blast and we are so eagger to show the rest of the world.

Anyway, post split DEBAN died, the collective studios returned to their old names, their individual titles and their old characters, and we returned to the Editor's old name as well, we are now called ECLYPSTUDIO (Pitch Black Studio in english)

We are trying to bring up to sale a quality content comic book, so it's taking forever for the production, plus personal battles and problems with the staff itself, but we are managing, the books are almost finished, and Patriot is still in development (Drawing and coloring Phase).
I'm overseeing the Patriot production while all others are finishing with the other books, today i bring you the cover i haven shown on twitter sometime ago.
We stopped promoting it because it added a pressure so big that the audience started to imediately ask for release dates, we don't want to kill the hype and troll ppl with teasers, i think what we did is more than enough, next teaser should definitely have a release date.

We have a deadline for this year, and hopefully we can achieve it

Also angolan ppl are weird, they felt success in the job instead of siding with it to boost ther own titles, they decided to work against it!
That was just weird.

I'm a huge fan of sci-fi and I love the subgenre Cyberpunk. I like stories like Ghost in the Shell, Cyberpunk 2077, Altered Carbon, Neuromancer, Do Android Dreams of Electric Sheep, Deus Ex games, Ex Machina and many other works.

I started to write my own sci-fi story, in a Cyberpunk world. I want to write in a way to show people the danger of technology. I'm not against technology, but I'm in favor of regulating technology.

Subjects in my story will be, corporate authoritarianism, kleptocracy, political polarization, manipulation through technology, danger of centralization, kakistocracy, the gap between poor and rich when it comes to technology, rise of inequality, transhumanism, privacy issue's, technology addiction and many other dangers technology can cause. And above all, losing our own humanity to technology.

I started already with a concept, I might share it soon..

Last edited:
Hey, Toonen,
I hope you are doing well.
I read your statement and learned the definition of a new word - kakistocracy. Lol. Pretty cool.
Seriously, though. I'm looking for serious critiques of my work and will give constructive criticism to anything posted here.
If you're interested, show us a piece you have written and I will do the same.