What's new

For Those Who Like To Write

tazzmission

Banned
Are there any writers here? Published or not......doesn't matter. Just lookin to see if we can start something here.......maybe exchange ideas on material. I like to write fantasy fiction. Talk to me.

wrote this after seeing gl in the theatre back in 2011

originally planned as a sequal maybe this is better off as a reboot

i came up with all this off the top of my head.

the film can open up with the weaponers go to kourgar to set up a base to start making weapons, the people of kourgar fear them as a threat and take action wich leads to violence.

: meanwile on oa on the citadel:

sinestro requests that the guardians send corps members to help aid him in defending his homeworld of kourgar from the weaponers...

the guardians refuse to send the aid and sinestro demands that the guardians step down and pass there power over to him and states that he can install great fear into the enemey and puts on the yellow ring,

witnessing the act of having the yellow ring at this moment the guardians declare sinestro a traitor to the corps and honor guard lanterns are dispatched to take sinestro into custody.

sinestro kills the honor guards in front of the guardians and relinquishes his green lantern ring by his own will and leaves oa.

the guardians summon hal jordan and request his presence and they inform him of sinestros turn to the emotion of fear and yellow energy, they also explain to hal that after krona was banished and hidden away with parallax the punishment was due to krona creating the anti-matter universe.

hal jordan go's on a hunt for sinestro

sinestro returns to his homeworld of kourgar yellow ring and costume and starts to become a dictator and declares himself savior of kourgar and starts killing weaponers left and right.

while hal jordan searches for sinestro he gets a trasmission from kilowog telling him sinestro is on kourgar and meet you there poozer..

hal heads to sinestros home sector arrives onto the planet and see's total devestation and bodies everywhere.

hal see's sinestro floating over a pile of dead weaponers with a sadistic smirk and hears him tell the people of kourgar to bow to him and worship him as a god.

hal confronts sinestro trying to explain that the yellow ring has corrupted him....

sinestro throws the first punch and says human you have no idea who your talking to.

hal responds with a fist construct hitting sinestro wile both floating in the air.

sinestro recovers and the first start to an epic encounter happens

both men fight it out with sinestro getting the upper hand and just when hal is almost out and sinestro is about to kill him, kilowog comes in and knocks sinestro off balance.

sinestro shrugs it off and fires a blast of energey at kilowog and knocks him out cold.

hal recovers and shows sinestro why hes the man without fear by taking it up a few notches.

he creates one giant construct of a f-22 raptor plane and hits sinestro with it.

sinestro knocked out falls to the ground and hal go's to check on kilowog.

back on oa the guardians place sinestro into the central power battery and credit hal jordan for his bravery

before the film ends theres two suprise scenes

scene 1. sinestro is shown inside the battery and is revealed to be a construct from his ring

scene 2. sayd and ganthet are alone in a private chamber discussing how they have to HOPE sinestros turn hasnt misplaced the trust of 3600 sectors with the guardians and they forge a blue ring

Sounds interesting, however, i'm more interested in your own ideas. Shoot motherfucker. You hide something good I suspect. Don't keep it a secret.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Boxy writes! :D
I write lyrics & poetry, mostly ( I have WAY more material than I know what to do with, but no band :( ), but I'm trying like hell to expand my horizon and stay loyal to writing my novel, which I've been planning and plotting since...2001?

One thing about writing.........it'll take you to places you never imagined and is full of things others never thought about. it might be one of the best ways to share your dreams or nightmares. but they're all worth it, even if only you read about them.

tazzmission

Banned
a wwe/tna wrestling invasion

aces and eights are in the tna ring with bully ray cutting a promo on how they are the most dominate stable in pro wrestling, he also rips on the fans and than out comes paul heyman ( former owner of ecw) heyman cuts a promo talking about how he made bully ray and devon and how they were a success in ecw back in the 90's, heyman grins with a sinister smirk and says he has found current wrestlers that are a list, the music hits of the shield in wich dean ambrose , seth rollins and roman reighns come out to back up paul heyman, the aces and eights laugh and say there outnumbered 8 to 3, heyman points to the enterance way and ques cm punk to come out with adrian neville and kassius ohno ( a.k.a pac and chris hero), now its still outnumbered by two, the aces and eights make there way up the ramp to fight with the paul heyman guys and another theme hits and out comes former wwe and ufc champion brock lesnar and a fight between the two factions erupt

tazzmission

Banned
: stark industries the board room:

tony stark and pepper potts are going over the new contracts funded by the government, buzzer go's off and the secretary informs stark that mr. bruce wayne is here to see him, tony stark who is suprised tells his secretary to let him in, bruce walks in extends his hand and shakes tony's. stark asks pepper to leave so he and mr wayne can have a chat, she does and the door closes.

wayne: mr stark i understand you have come across sheild before and i am aware that you are the iron man, i am curious to know if sheild has worked with amanda weller from gotham city,

stark replies: how do you know about s.h.i.e.l.d mr wayne? i didnt know billionare playboys follow that sort of thing.

wayne replies: please answer the question mr stark, i know the government gave you some new contracts to build a clean energy plant in fawcett city,

stark replies again: whats it to you mr wayne? your from gotham and for someone who spends his time dating supermodels and going on russian cruises you sure know alot about myself and my work to wich i am inclined to not tell you about.

wayne gets up from his seat :says thank you for your time and leaves.

stark thinking to himself asks what is that about it felt like a interogation and starks investigating bruce waynes companies funds and projects, turning up almost nothing stark asks himself why is the science /tech department off the books? and decides to armor up and investigate.

:wayne tower:

lucious fox is in the science department working on new gadgets for batman and touching up another new suit, and tony in armor is watching on the outside for who comes in and out of wayne tower. he decides to call it a night and see's a man in a cape and cowel that go's into the tower and stark questions to himself who was that and why here?

thinking it was someone trying to rip off wayne tech ironman busts through the wall and confronts the batman.

stark asks: you who are you and why are you here?

batman replies: stark you dont understand .......

stark arms up his pulse blasters : again who are you?

batman: : sighs: mumbles something and removes his cowel.. bruce wayne!

stark in a state of suprise powers down and asks: so your the batman everyone is talking about? that explains everything , care to let me in on why you were asking me about a amanda weller and shield?

bruce shares the intel with tony: amanda weller worked for the united states goverment and went off grid a year ago, based on checking for leads all i turned up was a organization called s.h.i.e.l.d. and your name came up saying you and the avengers teamed with them to take down that alien threat that happened in new york city.

tony replies: bruce i never met amanda weller and the avengers got put together through shield nick fury was the head master of that animal, the agents i met were nick fury agaent culson , natasha romenhoff aka black widow and hawkeye.

bruce continues telling tony more: before weller went off grid she was on a project titled project orion wich shield funds and has to do with something in outer space. thats all i can find

tony thinks for a minute and replies: if we work together i think i can find out through a source that deals with such things......

: batman replies: i usually work alone but lets do it

tony and bruce head back to stark industries and tony contacts peter quill aka star lord:

: stark: runs the intel from bruce to quill:

: star lord replies: we have seen some activity but nothing that indicates a threat or imbalance and this amanda weller sounds framiliar because i ran her name through the sword data base and something popped up about meeting with a thaal sinestro at the luna base on the moon

apparently sword is involved with the project as well

: bruce in shock: sinestro!!!!!!!!!! that guy is a evil individual what is she doing with him?

: stark asks: who is sinestro:

: bruce replies: a former green lantern who went rouge became a dictator on his homeworld started a war with the green lantern corps and was banished to the anti matter universe. : bruce uses his comlink: hal this is batman sinestro is making a move by meeting with amanda weller can you get the green lantern corps to meet with the guardians of the galaxy?

: hal replies via ring: sure bruce let me grab john guy kyle and simon... wait who are the guardians of the galaxy?

: bruce: nevermind hal i am here with iron man we will meet you aboard the ship to discuss a plan on how to deal with this as an alliance:

to be continued

tazzmission

Banned
: space aboard ship meeting place of the guardians of the galaxy:

wile groot, rocket raccoon gamora and drax await the arrival of peter quill, batman and iron man, green lantern's hal jordan , guy gardner, john stewart, kyle rayner and simon baaz wait with them in the war room.

: guy gardner whispers to kyle: seriously a walking tree and a inteligent gun tooting racoon ? what's next talking crocidiles and gators?

: kyle lets out a tiny weak chuckle and responds with: remember killer croc?

: guy gardner: point taken

john stewart talk's with rocket racoon: so wait a minute you were genetically toyed with and you are a master tactision with weapons and stradegy?

: rocket responds with: yes and what are you some guy from your planets miltary sarcasticlly:

: john: yes... yes i am.............

: rocket looks like he made a fool of himself : ......... and avoids eye contact with the human

kyle looks at groot and trys to have a convorsation with him:

:kyle wile nervous asks: so uuuh what's your uh name?

groot replies: I AM GROOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

: kyle facepalms and walks away:

: hal jordan trys buttering up with gamorma :

: hal: so this star lord guy is he a good pilot because i am the best on my planet?

: gamora replies : human's and there competition and there way with seduction.... i have killed the titan thanos

: hal takes a deep breath and slowly walks away:

: door opens and in come batman ironman and star lord:

starlord: i see everyone has met?.......gather around we may not have crossed paths before but we need to come together and inflitrate the moon base where sword s.h.i.e.ld and cadimus are opperating with thaal sinestro.

batman here found data on a project titled orion and so far we have no idea what is going on there nor what the project is about......... tony stark has worked with s.h.i.e.l.d in the past and has discovered many secrets including there chintauri weapons program wich who invaded nyc and the avengers took down.

stark: nick fury was the avengers project director that was bent on defending the earth from outside forces alien or otherwise, sword was an agency that dealt strickly with alien contact peacefull or not, now what disturbs me is this amanda weller who batman informed me about, i understand she has a program in place titled batman beyond also enforced a team to take down the justice leauge of america....

: batman interupts: sinestro was in contact with weller and for some reason all of these groups are meeting with him offworld and the question is why?

: hal chimes in: despite him always being considered the best green lantern i still dont trust him green ring or not, he is a manipulator and should be deemed a threat, if the corps knew another intergalactic peace group was in space we couldve informed them of his history.

: starlord replies: we never heard of the green lantern corps but i take it your like us?

:guy gardner responds: yes we what we like to call space cops and our over lords are blue munchkins called the guardians of the universe....

: gamora: guardians of the universe? never heard of them...........

: batman: ok ok enough we can play the who's who later we must infiltrate that base and.......

: martian manhunter calling batman:

: batman: yes j'onn what is it?

: mmh: recent images has shown that ras 'al ghul, and someone named the mandarin are making a deal in china.

: stark: mandarin! this is not good... not good at all

: batman asks stark: isnt he the guy that ( ship gets attacked by enemy fire)

: star lord: its the kree! brace yourselves!

: hal and the other 4 gl's rush out of the ship to do battle with the enemy ships:

: moon base watching on screen of the battle:

amanda weller , sinestro, watch as the kree attack the heroes...........

: amanda: the plan looks like it is working

: sinestro: yes ... yes it is.....

: ominus voice: soon every hero will be destroyed from one side of the universe to the next ( out walks thanos, darkseid, kree emporer, the reach embassidor.

weller: once they are gone i have your word that earth and its neighbor planets are safe from your reighns?

: all groups reply: YES and scary laugh together almost cult like

: thanos: the mandarin and ras'al'ghul are in blace,

: reach ambassidor: black beetle and green beetle are in place as well

: kree emporer: the kree army is ready

: sinestro: my sinestro corps is ready

: darkseid and thanos stare eachother down: WE ARE READY!

TO BE CONTINUED.................

tazzmission

Banned
: fighting in space:

hal and his gl crew are trying to hold off the kree ships from destroying ship by creating a contruct to prevents gun fire:

: guy: who are these guys?

hal: no idea i never seen anything like it before. john can you try and scan there ship and see what class and species it is?

: john tries scanning : ring unidentified ship and passengers not recognized::

:john: damnit..... . hal the ring is saying unknown what do we do?

:kyle: simon and i can try to hold them off as long as we can so you can get ship and crew out of harms way.. i can create a con : hal no! if we leave we all leave.

: simon: you four go save the g.o.t.g get to the watchtower and continue fighting : simon flys forward with his shield construct getting bigger and bigger with a bomb construct to his chest putting all his will into it:

"kyle .guy and john move the ship away from fire :

:hal simon no! ... n..... : explostion happens one kree ship is taken out do to the blast reflecting back

: john: hal is he alive? hal?

: hal responds: ...... no .. he sacrifised himself so we can get away john. he wouldnt have it any other way...

: ship badly damaged:

: batman:: what happened out there?

: guy: hey bats chill we all got away and those ships are gone

: hal: we made it out but simon didnt. he told us to go and took down one ship... the rest are still out there

: stark: how many were there jordan?

: hal: two dozen tops:

: starlord: it'll take some time but the ship can be repaired we just need a place to lay low and stradegise for a bit.....

: hal: our best bet to lay low is in guardian space so lets go to o.a and see if the guardians can weigh in.

: guy: hal those blue munchkins wont do anything! they havent even helped us! what makes you think they wi....

: hal slams hands on table: damnit guy stop arguing! we are going to o.a!

:rocket racoon: so this o.a... this is where all you green lanterns come from?

: john: yes...........

: gamora: i am curious to see who these guardians of the universe are myself... that ring is a mighty weapon.

: star lord: lets hold it to a vote.... all in favor of hal's idea to lay low on oa say i...

: gamora: i!

: batman: i!

: stark:i!

: groot: nay!

: rocket racoon:.. this oa does it have weapons systems?....

: star lord: rocket..............

: rocket racoon: ok ok i! ( pouts)

guy : nay!

john: .......... nay

kyle?: replies: im sorry hal but nay

starlord: i!

hal : i!

starlord replies: 6 to 4 we go...... hal: i will start some repairs to make sure we get there with no issues

: luna base:

sinesrto: hmmm one green lantern dead better than none

kree emporer: we lost one of our ships in the fight.............

sinestro: and you still have 11 more out there so whats the real loss?

: reach ambasidor : my source is telling me that they are heading to o.a , apparently one of these green lanterns is fixing the ship with his ring

sinestro: oa? hmmmmmm looks like we can follow them there and suprise them

start the elimination process on earth targeting all people who have super powers and meta genes.

: thanos: agreed!

: sinestro: have black adam, ras al ghul mandarin start there attack on the watch tower first and with every jla member extinct we can deliver the final blow and rule this universe!

( oa central chamber with the guardians of the universe)

guardian: we have been in this universe for milleneia and we never heard of your kind and we deny your request for aid

: star lord: if i may guardian..... the threat is real and your corps has given you the information, we all must stand together and fight this threat and you may not trust us but we came to you not just for ourselves but for every life in the universe!

: hal: simon baz died not for the corps but to protect every living being, the guardians have a history of keeping secrets hidden and we the corps have done all the leg work !

:guy: yea! you sit there on your high chair space thingy talking about what needs protecting and you dont do nothing!

: john: we are lanterns for a reason and if this is what the guardians planned all along than this corps means nothing and lives were wasted not just now but for years!

kyle: i agree with them..........

starlord: if you dont see this threat as legitament than you dont deserve to call yourselves guardians, i have dedicated my life to protecting the cosmos and i witnessed my mother killed as a child by alien invaders on earth!

gamora: alot of us were outcasts and the star lord turned us into a better life

: rocket racoon: he saved me from a prison sell and who would have a racoon for a companion let alone a team member?

groot: i am GROOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

iron man: i have a team back on earth that i couldve called i chose your corps because batman said they are the best of the best there is no reason why you cant support what they want to do in this war! we have some of the most dangerous enemies teaming up.

batman: wile you sit in your chambers planets are dying, people are being killed, i have sworn a oath of my own to protect anyone and anything wich dosent involve killing another and in fact i happened to become a gl myself once even for a brief time, and what good is that if the creators of the corps dont even.............

: guardian: ENOUGH!

: guardians of the universe: ......... from the voices spoken in this chamber we feel you are noble in your quest to defeat the impossible and therefore we agree to have the rest of the green lantern corps aid you in your fight.

: hal: thats all we ask:

guy: yea you always make it so difficul..........

john: clamps hand over guys mouth: shhh shush guy dont ruin it..........

starlord: than we agree...... you provid your corps and i will provid a corps of my own

guardian: you have your own corps based on emotion peter quill?

star lord: no this corps is different this is the NOVA CORPS

TO BE CONTINUED

One thing i've struggled with is dialogue. Trying to keep characters talking with consistency based on how they were intended to be can be tough sometimes. Frequently, I find myself talking out loud to myself. You idiot, I'd say......she wouldn't say that.......or even do the thing you said. It's tricky. Readers will know too. Scary thought.
Sometimes i read my shit and everyone sounds the same because I didn't 'become' the character in a specific moment. We all must spend time with each character we create.

Flagg

Noob
I had a couple of pretty ambitious ideas for a couple of adventure game books. Remember the ones where you were given choices, you chose one, then had to find the appropriate page and paragraph in the book to continue the story? Fighting Fantasy and the Lone Wolf books spring to mind.

Not sure there is much interest in those books now.

FlaggHa. i thought i came up with the idea until someone told me books like that already existed. that was years ago. it's tough to come up with new stories that don't take something from other tales also . real tough. i try though. lol, i even had ideas for my own music that would accompany the kind of books you mentioned.

i hate how i've read that submitting stories with pictures is bad too. i love pictures! i think there should be more, especially in fantasy books. but maybe it affects the reader when you tell him what he should be seeing instead of imagining it. i can see that as bad i guess.

Flagg

Noob
FlaggHa. i thought i came up with the idea until someone told me books like that already existed. that was years ago. it's tough to come up with new stories that don't take something from other tales also . real tough. i try though. lol, i even had ideas for my own music that would accompany the books.
Coming up with something unique is very hard considering the size of the population today, but I dont think thats to say you cant take an already pre-existing idea and expand/improve or put your own spin on it. I had an idea for escaping a supernatural fog, being trapped on an island and a time travel adventure. What I had in mind seems complex and i've constantly thought of ways of implimenting a user friendly system lols!