What's new

General/Other For those keeping score at home

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
And thus, this comment was insta-liked by the notable WNF players in the room.
Go look up how many top 16 placers at EVO play at WNF every week. We had 4 out of the top 8 there last week.

As far as Doomsday is concerned, they don't always wakeup, and if trait is on, who is gonna wakeup against that, especially if they don't move during the attack.
Theo.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What? that list was Awful,

Noone downplays GL

Shazam IS bad

None of the top Flash players are downplaying

DD is regarded by everyone i know as a really good character and definitely viable

GA is rightfully downplayed imo when only Chris G is doing anything with the character, and still has to run to Black Adam for some MUs
The guy who thanked your post thinks DD is freeeeeeeeee

Pig Of The Hut

I'm trying to find tournament results, but don't know where to look. Give me a minute I will post what I find.
Ill save you a trip

Evo and thats it

Guts, NLBC, the NY locals, WNF (argueably better than half the majors) are not majors

A major is

CEO -arrow
Ufgt -arrow
MWC -frost
VXG -dd
Evo -superman
Ect - batman
CW - Aquaman
SJ - batman ?
nwc - dd
toryuken - dd
NEC - tba
WB - tba
FR - tba

Dizz_88

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Just as an aside, it's a bit short sighted to talk about what characters are winning without taking note of the player behind them. This is nothing about Doomsday or any other character specifically, but when you preclude talking about the players who have been putting characters in top eights it does any conversation a major disservice in basically every meaningful dimension. This applies to this thread and beyond.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What? that list was Awful,
GA is rightfully downplayed imo when only Chris G is doing anything with the character, and still has to run to Black Adam for some MUs
The only MU Chris G uses Black Adam for is Superman, IIRC

Realistically though I don't understand half the shit going on in this thread. Doomsday is good. Probably A+ tier just at the bottom of top 10. If you can block ES I'm going to have a lot of trouble fighting you because of how much I have to mix it up with the lack of good normals my character has. I always need meter or trait to fight anyone with a projectile. Match ups like BA, Nightwing, and Batman are really difficult, and take a lot of patience and out playing to win. He isn't some S tier character with no flaws. He's a character with good mix up, and amazing defense that rewards people with good fundamentals. The oki doesn't really mean shit in this game to be completely honest, fully invincible wake ups are too much. Even though I do have various ways around them. So I don't really understand where the "STOP DOWNPLAYING" pitchforks are coming from. If this was on the Sinestro forums, I'd understand.
Yeah this.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Just saw the matches with PL vs Chris G. Pl's rushdown was good but damn, he has to mix up his ES game. D1xxES for doomsdaaaaaaaays.

LEGEND

YES!
Ill save you a trip

Evo and thats it

Guts, NLBC, the NY locals, WNF (argueably better than half the majors) are not majors

A major is

CEO -arrow
Ufgt -arrow
MWC -frost
VXG -dd
Evo -superman
Ect - batman
CW - Aquaman
SJ - batman ?
nwc - dd
toryuken - dd
NEC - tba
WB - tba
FR - tba

Dizz_88
how do YOU define a Major?

Money?
Recognition?
Competition?

some WNFs and Vindication have more of all of those criteria than some of the so-called Majors. Like, not trying to put us on a pedestal but its true, we need to redefine whats considered a major tournament

Pig Of The Hut

how do YOU define a Major?

Money?
Recognition?
Competition?

some WNFs and Vindication have more of all of those criteria than some of the so-called Majors. Like, not trying to put us on a pedestal but its true, we need to redefine whats considered a major tournament
I dont define it

thr FGC does

I disagree w it as well and imo some wnf hold a ton more weight than some majors

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Doomsday 3 major wins
Green arrow 3 majors (I think.....regardless another bunch of down players)
Black Adam 0
Aquaman 1
Batman 1
Frost 1
Flash 0
Superman 1 (EVO so its a huge 1)

Lol

Keep downplaying doomsday ......he's fair though by all means but u doomsday down players just suck if u think he sucks

And yes PL rules w him

DD has some simple and effective strategies. He also has some dirt in the corner to go with it I am sure people will learn how to fight the character but that wont stop doomsdays from doing what they are doing now.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Doomsday gives me hope for Bane, honestly. I know, I know, just hear me out.
Doomsday winning shows you don't need projectiles, you don't need damage, you don't even really need long combos.
You just need solid fundamentals, a few good strategies, and a better head than your opponent.

That's honestly what I can respect about Doomsday players, they are playing with more than simply what they are left with.