What's new

For the Lin Kuei! Sub-Zero General Discussion

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I'm not thrilled with his leg gear at all. They've only made gear for his boots and knee guards. From the waist to the knee, other than a swath of cloth covering his junk (which is still visible), he's naked.
Really looks lame in SZ, especially since his other gear is detailed and it's not difficult to create a plethora of different looks with just "shorts" alone.
It truly needs to be addressed. An iconic character and they release him with a major design flaw...

He also looks too thin imo. I feel he should have more bulk.
Major design flaw? Bro the rest of his gear is so godlike the leg gears don't even make that much of an impact on it. Least that's how I feel.
Equipping the arm gear that puts more ice around his arms helps with the other issue too

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Are there any good match videos of Sub-Zero to watch? While I'm not thinking about leaving my Aquaman main for him, I AM considering Sub-Zero to be an alt for some MU's....

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm maining Sub-Zero now, and I'm going to continue to main him unless someone I'm REALLY interested in as a character gets added.

Really early, but so far Subby is coming off as kinda weak to me. Like I said, I'm still going to play him, plus I still need a ton of MU knowledge to truly get good. But after everything I've played, practiced, watched and read... yeah, it just feels like he suffers from certain things he shouldn't be suffering from.

Lokheit

Noob
I'm still using Sub for some reason.

B21 is a great whiff punisher

that is all
You mean B23? It's actually very good at that yeah (but only at that as it's a high).

To be honest the character feels weaker every day. The other character I'm used to play isn't even top10 (Ivy) and she feels much better than Subbie in most match ups. A lot of meter dependency without really big rewards for it (Ivy needs meter too but she builds it faster and her rewards are much better).

Tweedy

Noob
You mean B23? It's actually very good at that yeah (but only at that as it's a high).

To be honest the character feels weaker every day. The other character I'm used to play isn't even top10 (Ivy) and she feels much better than Subbie in most match ups. A lot of meter dependency without really big rewards for it (Ivy needs meter too but she builds it faster and her rewards are much better).
Yeah I meant b23.

I think he kinda sucks too but I have fun with him. The thing about Ivy is that you've probably put more time into her. While Sub isn't amazing I doubt he's worse than she is.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Heres some BS i was getting hit with and decided to lab to see if I was going crazy or not. J3 if blocked late in the corner will be unblockable because if you block cross up it hits infront and if you block in front then it will cross up...

This also works on small characters too, I tested on Flash and it acts the same way, so not big body specific.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Does that only happen from that particular range from Ice Burst? Or is it lenient?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I didnt test that thouroughly but seems like any time someones backed against the wall in the corner and the j3 is fully against the wall of the corner. Keep in mind if you commit to blocking cross up early you will walk out of it and block the cross up normally but if you are late on the block because you try to react at the last second then this happens. And mix in air hammer shenanigans into this and it becomes insanely annoying

Andromeda

I am Bard
Would it be a bad thing to get this game just for Sub-Zero? I mean, I do like some of the other characters, but I really like what they did with Sub-Zero.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Would it be a bad thing to get this game just for Sub-Zero? I mean, I do like some of the other characters, but I really like what they did with Sub-Zero.
If you love Sub-Zero that you would wanna get a game just for him, then game on. He can be good if you play him right, and the patch isn't out yet so once it comes who knows where he will be after it. In any case, go for it :)

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
While working on the corner combos, I found a good tech there.

Try doing the 113 (the trolling one), and then do a IAIK (Instant Air Ice Klone). It's the complete total point zero distance!

Here's the video.

@neveradestroyer , do you remember the other trolling with the IK on the ground? This also works. lol

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
While working on the corner combos, I found a good tech there.

Try doing the 113 (the trolling one), and then do a IAIK (Instant Air Ice Klone). It's the complete total point zero distance!

Here's the video.

@neveradestroyer , do you remember the other trolling with the IK on the ground? This also works. lol
A little late there buddy

If anyone is still playing Sub Zero in this game let me tell You one thing... better pick Batman... He does the same that Sub Zero does but way better... The Command grab was supposed to be the signature difference between the characters but, It being a High makes it non threatening... Why pick Sub Zero if all the opponent has to do is to block low?... He has no good advancing buttons... and Clone is worse than ever... Just abandon ship...

or rather pick the Bat-mobile:DOGE