What's new

For the Lin Kuei! Sub-Zero General Discussion

Na, u can do other strings as well

Unless I misunderstand what u mean by "release", most strings on block can cancel into clone

The corner is another story tho
Yea, my bad. You're right. F22 you can get clone as well. Lol. I'm sleepy.

G4S Pharaoh

No limit
How's the SZ GL mu? Havent had a chance to play it yet. On paper GL dominates it right? lanterns might can punish clone pressure, mb battery blast fucks up his full screen game, etc? Feel free to tell me im dead wrong, I havent touched the game since SZ came out lol.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Does Sub have a meterless way to poke that isn't punishable on block? Seems like all his main strings and all his meterless specials are way unsafe.
I messed with him a little yesterday, I think his burst (db1) is only-4 so that's safe. You can meter burn it and be plus as well.

Im pretty lost on what this characters neutral is exactly rn, especially in the mirror. Am i suppose to be just rushing subs down because rn it seems like i cant really do anything in the neutral, we both just sit there throwing iceballs and putting up our clones. once i rushdown its hard to get much going so im confused as to what is my gameplan.

Tweedy

Noob
Sub is so slow and defensive on this game. I couldn't expect Tom to even adapt to him quickly with 2 years of MKX Sub Zero.

By slow I don't mean his normals or movement. He just doesn't have great ways to approach so you're gonna want to play a very slow and reactive playstyle.

Sub is so slow and defensive on this game. I couldn't expect Tom to even adapt to him quickly with 2 years of MKX Sub Zero.

By slow I don't mean his normals or movement. He just doesn't have great ways to approach so you're gonna want to play a very slow and reactive playstyle.
you cant really play very defensive with that horrendous walk back speed tho

Tweedy

Noob
you cant really play very defensive with that horrendous walk back speed tho
It's not even that bad imo and his backdash is good. I just think his forward walk is so good that it makes his back walk seem bad.

Edit: Plus he has clone lol. If they're coming up on you too fast for your back walk, just use that.

D. R.

Noob
After lots of labbing and games, can we all agree that the biggest flaw with the character currently is that the ice on his "Bi-Han Resurrected" (black) costume is blue when it should be gray like how it is on the "God" costumes? It's a massive eyesore.

Paulo please patch. Sub Zero will need this if he's going to compete moving forward in Injustice 2.

It's not even that bad imo and his backdash is good. I just think his forward walk is so good that it makes his back walk seem bad.

Edit: Plus he has clone lol. If they're coming up on you too fast for your back walk, just use that.
lol try playing defensively against wonder woman i dare ya. lmao just clone

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
lol try playing defensively against wonder woman i dare ya. lmao just clone
One, Tweedy didn't say, just clone. He said "Hey we have clone, back dash is good, his walk back speed isn't all THAT bad". Two, the whole "Try doing X to Y character I dare you" argument is completely matchup based. Obviously in matchups where you can't clone as much you'll have to switch it up, stop acting like everything is so binary. Lastly, let's keep it a little more productive here than just "lol yea right" kinds of posts okay?

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
How's the SZ GL mu? Havent had a chance to play it yet. On paper GL dominates it right? lanterns might can punish clone pressure, mb battery blast fucks up his full screen game, etc? Feel free to tell me im dead wrong, I havent touched the game since SZ came out lol.
Don't pick him vs GL. Pick another character.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
I got Air Klone Kick and I've had Barrier of Frost abilities.
Also got the LK-520 shader.

I'm not thrilled with his leg gear at all. They've only made gear for his boots and knee guards. From the waist to the knee, other than a swath of cloth covering his junk (which is still visible), he's naked.
Same set up as Dr Fate.
Really looks lame in SZ, especially since his other gear is detailed and it's not difficult to create a plethora of different looks with just "shorts" alone.
It truly needs to be addressed. An iconic character and they release him with a major design flaw...

He also looks too thin imo. I feel he should have more bulk.

One, Tweedy didn't say, just clone. He said "Hey we have clone, back dash is good, his walk back speed isn't all THAT bad". Two, the whole "Try doing X to Y character I dare you" argument is completely matchup based. Obviously in matchups where you can't clone as much you'll have to switch it up, stop acting like everything is so binary. Lastly, let's keep it a little more productive here than just "lol yea right" kinds of posts okay?
The point was to show that sub doesnt really have a solid neutral mid screen. There are plenty of characters that kill sub in his neutral atleast if hes playing reactively and defensively not just wonder woman. This is either because the mu's like you say or because his neutral isnt very good or meant to be played reactively/defensively. I currently think his problem is just his neutral is supposed to be played reactively but he does not dominate this style of play very well because there are so many characters that play the same way but better and so he struggles. It is hard to tell tho because he has some great offensive tools but heavily lacks others so its confusing.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
I was messing around with f22 1+3 into klone and it knocks SZ down if he's too close. Not sure if this is intended or not.
He definitely needs his backdash speed increased imo.
You can freeze twice off a mb klone kombo, but I doubt damage scaling would be worth it.
These are most likely already known, just kurious about your thoughts, especially Lokheit