What's new

For the Lin Kuei! Sub-Zero General Discussion

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I kept getting hit by GA's arrows when trying to slide, lol. I couldn't even get in close bc once I was hit with fire arrow, I was pushed back damn near half the screen. I was lol'ing. I really want to pick up another character bc as Ive already stated, I ONLY main Canary and I have to wait until after EVO for the balance changes to see who I'm going to pick up next...I was hoping it would be Sub.

I guess I should be glad I didn't play MKX at all or at least MKX Sub Zero, bc I probably would be pissed. I still have hope tho, lol
Im in a really similar boat, except I did play MKX Sub.. I never had a real main in that game, ever, but GM Sub (and SG Kotal) were the closest I ever came.. I feel like Im in a holding pattern until I see the balance stuff after EVO.

I literally only logged about 1-2 hrs of MKX playtime..I still have the game tho, lol. Man, I hope I didn't waste my source crystals for nothing. Again..I still have hope.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yeah, its WAYYYY too early to know anything.. but he def doesn't like, leap off the screen screaming I AM STRONK LIKE ICCEEEEEEEEEEEE. I feel like ALL we need is a reason to make people stand up to block occasionally.. That's it. Everything else seems to fit from a theory crafting standpoint.

Yeah, its WAYYYY too early to know anything.. but he def doesn't like, leap off the screen screaming I AM STRONK LIKE ICCEEEEEEEEEEEE. I feel like ALL we need is a reason to make people stand up to block occasionally.. That's it. Everything else seems to fit from a theory crafting standpoint.
Seems like we need our hammer back as special. Better they made B2 from MKX as F3 here and give us back our damn special hammer

I'm not a big fighting game enthusiast, but I think he needs some of his tools from MKX to translate over to I2, but with slight tweaks. I know they probably didn't want another scorpion debacle, but damn!

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The problem with sub's clone in this game is its supposed to block projectiles but there are multiple projectiles coming his way. You can say "MB ice ball, bro" but the startup gets stuffed most of the time.

I really can't understand the design choice why comboing with clone doesn't begin to recharge the clone either.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
The problem with sub's clone in this game is its supposed to block projectiles but there are multiple projectiles coming his way. You can say "MB ice ball, bro" but the startup gets stuffed most of the time.

I really can't understand the design choice why comboing with clone doesn't begin to recharge the clone either.
Then slide under

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
MB ice ball is slow AF

lol. I took a shower, went to bed, and am now at work and I still don't think it has reached full screen yet.
Yeah for what its purpose is, I don't think it's fast enough. It'll eat projectiles sure, but I don't see it making it to the opponent before they've already recovered. Maybe if you make good reads.

He asked about or said with multiple projectiles coming will IB get stuffed. You said slide under the projectiles, then I commented and said I was getting hit with projectiles when using slide. I wasn't referring to the clone

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
He asked about or said with multiple projectiles coming will IB get stuffed. You said slide under the projectiles, then I commented and said I was getting hit with projectiles when using slide. I wasn't referring to the clone
Yeah but I was, which is why I quoted him, not you. Please make sure you're aware of what we're talking about

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I look at Sub and I immediately see Scarecrow; You get lamed out but once you're in, you SHOULD get good plus frames off MB db1, and mixup with cmd throw and strings. Those are my first thoughts. Hell, have the clone out with the cmd grab being a MID would make it fair that the clone isn't loopable since you have an unblockable combo starter. Even then, your opponent has air mobility, pushblock, MB B3, etc. That said I understand why command throw as a mid isn't thing as it would be very strong.

As it stands, I'm wondering.. What is the advantage of keeping the opponent cornered?

Last edited:

WATCHD0G

Noob
Damn sub is filled with highs. my opponents just duck everything. deadshot mops my ass. sticking with firestorm I'll keep sub in my pocket for fun

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
anyone else notice how his 3,3 will link into regular ice ball in corner but not his meter burn ice ball? kinda strange

^^Lol... Man, listen.

But anywho...I maybe wrong and need test it more, but I think 123 on block is the only string that will allow you to release clone.

Does Sub have a meterless way to poke that isn't punishable on block? Seems like all his main strings and all his meterless specials are way unsafe.

G11OST

Noob
^^Lol... Man, listen.

But anywho...I maybe wrong and need test it more, but I think 123 on block is the only string that will allow you to release clone.
Na, u can do other strings as well

Unless I misunderstand what u mean by "release", most strings on block can cancel into clone

The corner is another story tho