What's new

For Honor

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Funny thing in the tournament. I was watching the team that won, iSkys and King Richard. One of their opponents asked if they were having an "honor match". Naturally iSkys said no. So they proceed with their usual strat and meet up and their opponents got demolished.

The opponent started complaining about no honor, and saying shit like "how is this even fun", and they were playing a fucking tournament, lmao. Skys was like "I said no when you asked in the beginning". He was like "I thought you meant we do our 1v1's and if I kill you I go gank your teammate".

Long story short, the honorable brawl players are usually awfulnin tournament. They didn't even get a single kill because they had no idea what they were doing. Individually they might have been decent, but 2v2 is about team composition and strategy, not just individual skill.

Not true at all. Revenge is really only useful in 2v2, 1v2 you can just either wait it out or overwhelm your opponent. 1v2 revenge only works if the 2 players are really bad.

In 4v4 it's much different because of gear stats. Getting revenge much quicker and being able to one shot people is ridiculous. But none of that is in Brawl thankfully.
I meant more when the 4 of you are battling next to each other and one goes and ganks another for a quick second. Sure if it's 2v1 and the others dead than it more just depends on the character sometimes the one character with revenge is better than two without but it's not always

Reactions: GAV

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I meant more when the 4 of you are battling next to each other and one goes and ganks another for a quick second. Sure if it's 2v1 and the others dead than it more just depends on the character sometimes the one character with revenge is better than two without but it's not always
Oh yeah, for sure. Revenge is super deadly in 4v4 gametypes.

In Brawl, revenge shines when you're engaging in an actual 2v2. It's nice to have in 1v2 in Brawl but if the other 2 both have mid health or more, it's kinda useless unless they suck

Oh yeah, for sure. Revenge is super deadly in 4v4 gametypes.

In Brawl, revenge shines when you're engaging in an actual 2v2. It's nice to have in 1v2 in Brawl but if the other 2 both have mid health or more, it's kinda useless unless they suck
I was talking about the 4 people total. Not the 4v4 game modes.

I was saying that when all 4 players are alive ganking is not a winning strategy majority of the time and ganking when 3 players are alive is good unless the player has a good revenge character

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I was talking about the 4 people total. Not the 4v4 game modes.

I was saying that when all 4 players are alive ganking is not a winning strategy majority of the time and ganking when 3 players are alive is good unless the player has a good revenge character
Oh I see.

Ganking is definitely a winning strategy. That's why team composition matters. That's why Goki is even more ridiculous in 2v2's with Oni charge. That's why characters like Orochi and Berserker are actually very good in 2v2's.

Take a look at the most recent 2v2 tournament where iSkys and King Richard won. You have to not only have good hero composition, but also good teamwork synergy.

2v1 is very difficult even with revenge. And you'll never be able to 1v1 in a 2v2 tournament (with all 4 players alive) against any decent players, so it's either an all out 2v2 gank fest, or you'll get 2v1'd and die anyway. The problem is most people aren't playing 2v2 as it's intended and just run in and try to kill the opponent with no strategy or teamwork (or they do 2 separate 1v1's, or 1v1 then gank when someone dies). They also aren't picking heros that compliment each other. They are just picking their mains and hoping for their raw skill to carry them. In legit 2v2's, raw skill only gets you so far. You need actual strategy, teamwork, hero comp, 2v2 setups, etc, to be successful in a competitive or tournament setting.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Oh I see.

Ganking is definitely a winning strategy. That's why team composition matters. That's why Goki is even more ridiculous in 2v2's with Oni charge. That's why characters like Orochi and Berserker are actually very good in 2v2's.

Take a look at the most recent 2v2 tournament where iSkys and King Richard won. You have to not only have good hero composition, but also good teamwork synergy.

2v1 is very difficult even with revenge. And you'll never be able to 1v1 in a 2v2 tournament (with all 4 players alive) against any decent players, so it's either an all out 2v2 gank fest, or you'll get 2v1'd and die anyway. The problem is most people aren't playing 2v2 as it's intended and just run in and try to kill the opponent with no strategy or teamwork (or they do 2 separate 1v1's, or 1v1 then gank when someone dies). They also aren't picking heros that compliment each other. They are just picking their mains and hoping for their raw skill to carry them. In legit 2v2's, raw skill only gets you so far. You need actual strategy, teamwork, hero comp, 2v2 setups, etc, to be successful in a competitive or tournament setting.
Reminds me of Overwatch :DOGE

Watching the brawl tournament does have me wanting a good teammate to perform with. I wonder how Shugoki+Valkyrie would perform.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Reminds me of Overwatch :DOGE

Watching the brawl tournament does have me wanting a good teammate to perform with. I wonder how Shugoki+Valkyrie would perform.
Goki with just about any character is going to be viable in brawl. Valk is great in brawl too. Basically you want to have at least one character that has an unblockable. Warden is really good and his full charged shoulder get a free heavy. But he also can changed targets while charging to really catch the opponents off guard.

There's a lot of dirty setups you can do with the unblockable moves in 2v2.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I still love Dominion. That mode just feels nonstop.

I will admit it feels almost unfair when I'm not solo'ing though.

GAV

I played for 5 hours today and didn't lose a match.

I teamed up with a Nobushi with a penchant for survival that is amazing. We even won a game against maxed gear opponents with 2 bots as teammates. I really didn't even play all that well either.

Oh I see.

You pretend that it's not like if you even touch your other opponent they are going to get revenge near instantly. 2v1s when everyone's alive don't work they just give the opponent revenge, they only work with very specific moves not even characters. Stop pretending that if you gank someone you don't just get a revenge fest

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Here are the new upcoming execution animations for each hero

It looks like Lawbringer gets another great execution (as if he didn't have enough to choose from already).

Everytime I see the Warden's, I can imagine him saying "The Lannisters send their regards" (GoT reference).

GAV

It looks like Lawbringer gets another great execution (as if he didn't have enough to choose from already).

Everytime I see the Warden's, I can imagine him saying "The Lannisters send their regards" (GoT reference).
Nobushi and Valkyrie's new ones are great.

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.

Trying to tell, for Shugokis, did he slam it onto their foot, that angle makes it hard to tell.
Meanwhile I just see the Warlord going "Another one do- *tug* Well, I may have stabbed a bit too hard. *BOOT*"

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You pretend that it's not like if you even touch your other opponent they are going to get revenge near instantly. 2v1s when everyone's alive don't work they just give the opponent revenge, they only work with very specific moves not even characters. Stop pretending that if you gank someone you don't just get a revenge fest
You both don't sit there throwing out random attacks on one player, that doesn't accomplish much and does give them basically a free revenge. You do set ups and switch targets in a true 2v2 brawl. Such as, your teammate grabs the opponent with PK, while she's stabbing you run over and attack for extra damage. Or do heavies while Goki has your opponent in an Embrace. Or interrupt a parry or GB punish. There's plenty of viable setups that deal out huge damage. Yes they are likely to get revenge but the reward outweighs the risk. If I can get you to half health and the only thing you get in return is revenge, I'll take that all day.

GAV

Dominion on the Overwatch stage sets the stage for major salt and epic failures. I get thrown in the hazards at C more than I want to admit, but I had a moment there today I should have recorded.

I had all no gear teammates and the other team was all geared out. I got caught in a 1v4 at C, but teched a few throws - got Revenge - knocked in 2 and killed the other 2. By then, the first guy I knocked in was back and he got me low - and the 2nd guy ran in and got the kill on me. Then, my Shugoki teammate tanked a revive on me - and the other 2 came back. The Goki got tossed in a hazard, but then I got rage and killed all 4 of them. Then, they all quit.

Last edited:

GAV

You both don't sit there throwing out random attacks on one player, that doesn't accomplish much and does give them basically a free revenge. You do set ups and switch targets in a true 2v2 brawl. Such as, your teammate grabs the opponent with PK, while she's stabbing you run over and attack for extra damage. Or do heavies while Goki has your opponent in an Embrace. Or interrupt a parry or GB punish. There's plenty of viable setups that deal out huge damage. Yes they are likely to get revenge but the reward outweighs the risk. If I can get you to half health and the only thing you get in return is revenge, I'll take that all day.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Lmao, genuinely made me laugh.

Seriously though, most people aren't taking full advantage of 2v2's either for the sake of honor, or the fear of revenge. Instead of trying to avoid revenge at all cost, just prepare for it. I treat it like a super more than anything. They ARE going to get it, you just can't let them take advantage of it.

GAV

Lmao, genuinely made me laugh.

Seriously though, most people aren't taking full advantage of 2v2's either for the sake of honor, or the fear of revenge. Instead of trying to avoid revenge at all cost, just prepare for it. I treat it like a super more than anything. They ARE going to get it, you just can't let them take advantage of it.
I am not great at FH, but I take advantage when I get Rage - and rarely ever die to it. When someone gets Rage, I only attack IF I KNOW, I can get in and get out without putting myself at risk.

Unless you are playing against a good player that also is using very good revenge character. All of those combos basically guarantee an insta revenge and some characters are unstoppable with revenge and youll lose almost everytime against a good player. Like I said its not worth it unless youre playing a bad player or a good player with a non good revenge character.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Unless you are playing against a good player that also is using very good revenge character. All of those combos basically guarantee an insta revenge and some characters are unstoppable with revenge and youll lose almost everytime against a good player. Like I said its not worth it unless youre playing a bad player or a good player with a non good revenge character.
No character is "unstoppable" with revenge unless they are playing a mode with gear stats.

Honestly I'm not going to be able to convince you without repeating myself. Just go watch the recent 2v2 tournament https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134508033

Not sure where it starts/ends but it's more towards the beginning of the stream.

No character is "unstoppable" with revenge unless they are playing a mode with gear stats.

Honestly I'm not going to be able to convince you without repeating myself. Just go watch the recent 2v2 tournament https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134508033

Not sure where it starts/ends but it's more towards the beginning of the stream.
Unstoppable is an exaggeration but nearly unstoppable is not.

Not only is the team above playing against non-good players but they are also playing against some of the worst characters with revenge. Whats the point in the video? To prove me right?