What's new

For Honor

Darumm

Noob
Haven't had time to see if the live patch came out today but if it did than goki is not that strong. Also I don't know why everyone is complaining about the matchmaking I've never had problems except for the few times I played in 4v4 and everyone leaves
So far my biggest issue with the matchmaking is the skill disparity.

Either my opponents and/or teammates are way below my skill, or I am way below their skill.
Rarely I get matched with people on equal skill level (in any mode)

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
So far my biggest issue with the matchmaking is the skill disparity.

Either my opponents and/or teammates are way below my skill, or I am way below their skill.
Rarely I get matched with people on equal skill level (in any mode)
usually its me having to shit tier teammates while my opponents are slightly below my skill, so my team dies and i repeatedly get ganked over and over again

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Haven't had time to see if the live patch came out today but if it did than goki is not that strong. Also I don't know why everyone is complaining about the matchmaking I've never had problems except for the few times I played in 4v4 and everyone leaves
You're just lucky I guess, lol.

Reactions: GAV

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Sounds like the game has some issues but is overall a good product. Just waiting on some patches for balance and issues.

What is the overall game style like now that people had time to really play? Like how you can you say skullgirls is reset heavy, mkx is high mixup.
It's heavily a defensive game by design. There's a lot of turtling and runinning away. It's a patient mans game at the higher levels.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Sounds like the game has some issues but is overall a good product. Just waiting on some patches for balance and issues.

What is the overall game style like now that people had time to really play? Like how you can you say skullgirls is reset heavy, mkx is high mixup.
Its character centric meaning depending on who you play and in what mode, its a very different game. If you play Conq or Valk, playing patient defense rules. If you play PK, its hit and run. If you play Shugo, the best way to play is learn his offense then give no e=mc*'s...

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Nobushi is one of the most fun characters to play in the game Idk how you could say that. You must be just playing her wrong cuz I wish I could play nobushi more

Well, before I have opinions in the future I'll be sure to consult with you first to make sure they are valid and I'm not just liking and disliking something wrong.

Ohh while we're on the subject, I tried a new brand of espresso beans that are roasted locally and I found them bland and depthless. Is this opinion correct or did I Espresso wrong?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Good video!
I have one question regarding the dash blocking, in the video you said that the only thing guaranteed is to forward dash block into GB, but I've been hitting opponent with side dash block into Swift Strike.
Was it just a case of my oponents not expecting it or not knowing how to block it, or is it also guaranteed?
I have no way to properly test it.
Side dash-parry into swift strike can miss a lot and is not necessarily reliable. Also in some cases the enemy can recover in time depending on the move they did. The only fool proof 100% thing I know for sure is the forward dash into guardbreak.

EntropicByDesign

So how is everyone liking the overalll balance and the general mechanics/overall style of the game? I've been thinking of getting it but it seems there's some glaring issues that I'd rather just wait on.

As a new player my opinions are as follows:

Lag can pop up and people rage quit. I haven't had much trouble with MMing but I also haven't done a lot of MMing. Balance at low levels is perfectly fine but I understand as you get into high level play Warlord especially is prevelant and massively strong. Conq and Shugo are also monsters, but apparently Shugo isn't widely represented. However, the game is actively being balanced and I feel like they will address the current issues before long.. if they take it easy and don't go nuts they could pull the bottom characters up a little bit and the top characters down just a little bit, and we'd have a very nice mix. Again though, balance in the low, middle and almost high levels is quite good from what I've seen.

The game itself though.. is incredible. My focus is on duels and 2v2, and this will sound like an odd comparison, but FH is everything I wanted SFV to be.. in that it's a protracted neutral, where footies, mindgames, intelligence and knowledgeable play win matches. The game strikes an absolutely amazing balance between having hype, reflex-oriented moments, and carefully thought out, three moves ahead moments. Hitting a clutch parry or superior block counter or getting someone in your mix-ups and succeeding because you have conditioned them to think of.your offense as one thing, only.to switch it up in to something else, is one of the most satisfying feelings I've had in a fighting game on a long time.

The game absolutely isn't perfect, but the gsmeplay itself is superb, and to me, it's so good it was worth the price.of admission all by itself. I can deal with the other issues for the gameplay itself. Like anything though the test will come in how they address these issues and how they communicate with us. No matter how good a game is people will get worn down my problems but from what I've seen they have been pretty pro-active and have listened to the community on a number of things and changed them. So hopefully we have active devs with a budget, a soul and a pulse,.(coughallthingsthatsfvlackscoigh)

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Playing a couple duels with my Orochi and trying to fight and win WITH HONOR but it doesn't take long before I run into something like this lol

Any feedback or tips (besides to obviously work on my guard breaks :p) would be appreciated.

Bit of Orochi Skirmish footage as well if anyone is interested in seeing how a good revenge build on Orochi works (quite well for me)

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
Playing a couple duels with my Orochi and trying to fight and win WITH HONOR but it doesn't take long before I run into something like this lol

Any feedback or tips (besides to obviously work on my guard breaks :p) would be appreciated.

Bit of Orochi Skirmish footage as well if anyone is interested in seeing how a good revenge build on Orochi works (quite well for me)

One of my most hated traits in this game is someone throwing you off the edge then saying 'sorry.' It's like fuck off ya dingo, fight me with honor lol.

navaroNe

One of my most hated traits in this game is someone throwing you off the edge then saying 'sorry.' It's like fuck off ya dingo, fight me with honor lol.
Lol the worst thing is I thought he meant sorry like he wouldn't do it next time and then he hit me with it again. Whenever I make the mistake of letting my guard down around edges because I think they want to have a legit rumble I end up getting burned because of it lol. Oh well, I'd rather fight with honor than for honor.

EntropicByDesign

I do kinda feel like it should be more difficult to throw someone off a ledge..

Very nice Oro play man. I'm thinking of picking him up as my 'rogue' type character. (To go with Warden and probably WL)

navaroNe

I do kinda feel like it should be more difficult to throw someone off a ledge..

Very nice Oro play man. I'm thinking of picking him up as my 'rogue' type character. (To go with Warden and probably WL)
Thanks! He's very fun and has a ton of options which opens the door for creative combos and faints. I have a hard time doing a lot of my usual stuff against Shugoki but I'll upload a match later against another character showcasing the power of deflect

EntropicByDesign

Thanks! He's very fun and has a ton of options which opens the door for creative combos and faints. I have a hard time doing a lot of my usual stuff against Shugoki but I'll upload a match later against another character showcasing the power of deflect
Please do when you can. I haven't dug deep with him at all yet, but in an ideal world id main him exclusively.. he's my fav character from an aesthetic and thematic perspective.

navaroNe

Best Orochi build, imo.
One thing I was unsure about when building my Orochi was the defence attribute on blade. Does it decrease the damage you take from hits or just blocked hits or does it increase health?

GAV

One thing I was unsure about when building my Orochi was the defence attribute on blade. Does it decrease the damage you take from hits or just blocked hits or does it increase health?
It increases your damage recovery. You lose hard health, but also lose some soft health that creeps back up. The speed you get this lost soft health back is increased with a high defense attribute. So, if you get rolled it makes no difference - but if you can spread out the hits you take, it makes a big difference.

Someone explained this to me. It isn't evident right away, but if you watch the bars - you can see this is how it works.

With the Orochi, I think stamina recovery is more important though. The Orochi shouldn't be drawing out battles.

navaroNe

It increases your damage recovery. You lose hard health, but also lose some soft health that creeps back up. The speed you get this health back is increased with a high defense attribute. So, if you get rolled it makes no difference - but if you can spread out the hits you take, it makes a big difference.
Oh cool I had no idea that was how it worked and was putting way too much importance on it , think I'll opt for stamina regen instead now. Thanks.

GAV

Oh cool I had no idea that was how it worked and was putting way too much importance on it , think I'll opt for stamina regen instead now. Thanks.
Rage and stamina build is good.

First resort is moving in to attack.
Second resort is defending with movement.
Blocking is last resort.

GAV

Does he have a good point, is he full of it, or anything in between?

Here's some post-patch gameplay...

Last edited: